Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Music Business For Dummies Paperback – June 29, 2015
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
- Navigate the music business to pursue a successful and sustainable career
- Follow a plan that builds your success, one step at a time
- Create a brand that stands out to fans and industry professionals
- Understand music publishing, contracts, copyrights, and licensing
Your definitive guide to succeeding in the music industry
Have you paid your dues on the stage or in the studio as an aspiring musician, but still haven't seen your slice of the pie? You've come to the right place! Written by an industry expert who knows the ins and outs of the biz, this friendly guide takes the guesswork out of making it in the music world and shows you how to achieve and sustain a career in today's music business.
- Music to your ears learn how to create a music business plan that can get you noticed by investors, music professionals, studio execs, sponsors, and more
- The sound of music write, rehearse, record, perform, and sell your music, and grasp the importance of copyrights and licensing
- More cowbell optimize your website and social media presence, and learn how to brand yourself for ultimate success
- On the road again find out how to make the most of touring and performing, from keeping yourself healthy to paying your bills while you're away
Open the book and find:
- How to make more money from your work with smart distribution
- Ways to build your brand to get more people talking about your music
- Guidance on getting gigs, going on tour, and growing your presence
- Plain-English guidance on tracking website traffic and social media
- Ten habits common to successful musicians
- Tips on how to present yourself professionally
About the Author
Loren Weisman is a music business consultant, speaker, and author who has been a part of over 700 albums. He also maintains TV production credits for three major networks and has served as a media consultant for many businesses in and out of the arts and entertainment fields. Loren is an executive producer and co-creator of Leveraging Smart, a new reality business TV show airing in 2016.