Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Music Maker - Hand Made Lap Harp - Easy to Play Musical Instrument
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||15.5 x 8.5 x 1.75 inches|
|Top Material Type||Birch Wood|
|Back Material Type||Birch Wood|
|String Material Type||Alloy Steel|
|Item Weight||1.5 Pounds|
|Number of Strings||15|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PLAY BEAUTIFUL MUSIC INSTANTLY: Anyone can play the music maker regardless of experience. Simply slide a song sheet in the player and pluck the strings and you are a musician.
- HANDMADE ARTISAN QUALITY: Made of ash and specially selected hardwoods. Because it is handmade, each Music Maker is unique. There is no other in the world exactly like it.
- INSTANTLY ENJOY THE MUSIC YOU CREATE: Includes 12 songs, pick, tuner and spare wire. Comes tuned for immediate enjoyment. A wide variety of additional song sheets are available.
- WONDERFUL FOR THERAPY AND TEACHING: In schools, nursing homes, hospitals, rehabilitation centers...and in hundreds of thousands of homes across the world the music maker is bringing joy
- SIMPLE TO TUNE AND MAINTAIN: Tuning and string replacement can be done with ease at home. Hand made in Belarus.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Music Maker lets people play beautiful music--regardless of prior musical experience--by simply sliding a songsheet under the strings and plucking the string above each printed note. It's really that easy! That ease of play, combined with the quality construction, is what makes the Music Maker a top seller every year. Made in Mexico by a family-owned company that has been making high-quality musical instruments for three generations.Includes 12 songs, pick, tuner and spare wire. Comes tuned for immediate enjoyment! The Logo on the Music Maker is Cyrillic, the Russian alphabet. Phonetically pronounced, it sounds like "Pyer-uh-puh-losh-ka." This is the name of a small, sweet-singing bird that lives in Belarus. This little bird only sings its song when it flies high in the sky. People hear its song, but due to the bird's tiny size, cannot see it. To people below it's as if the sky itself were singing. When factory workers first heard the Music Maker's sound over a hundred years ago, they decided to name their instrument after this little bird.
From the Manufacturer
A high quality introduction to the joy of music. Anyone can play - just slide a songsheet under the strings and pluck the string around each printed note. It's that easy. Made of quality hardwoods. "Oppenheim Toy Portfolio" Platinum Winner
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2.The song sheets do not fit well. As they are designed to indicate which string to target for the novice/child, it has proven to be frustrating.
Pro--It is an interesting conversation piece on the shelf.
Once, however, I managed to tune this harp,..it sounded very Sweet!
It's a lot of fun, too.
Of course, I hope I won't have to touch up the tuning Too often...
As far as quality,the instrument is very well made for the money. Tuning is easy; Ours came out of tune, and we had to stretch the strings slightly to be able to get it in tune easily (when the strings are not stretched, it requires extremely small adjustments to get it in tune, after stretching it is easier and holds tune very well). You can find info about how to stretch strings easily on youtube, by referencing "stretch guitar strings".
One little tweak is that you may need to adjust the sheet music to get the notes to appear directly under the strings to be played. It seems like this may be because there are many lapharps and they are a slightly different size. Really not a huge deal, and didn't effect my rating. It'll be exciting during the holidays for the little guy to play for his grandparents.