Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Music of Us (Still Life with Memories) (Volume 3) Paperback – October 27, 2015
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
- "Words can be melodic, and author Uvi Poznansky's book at times reads like a symphony. This is the music of love, elegantly written with an essence of bittersweet romance. It is a celebration of the wonderful feelings people experience during the early days of getting to know each other, written in the heartbreak and shadows of later years." - A. Reader, TOP 100 REVIEWER
- "A powerful and poignant novel that will grip at your heart strings ... a love story that invites the reader into a romance." - Chief, USN Ret...VT, Top 500 Reviewer
- "Uvi touches us with a tenderness that unites her skill as a writer with her gifts as a visual artist and once swept into her fictional account of the 'us' of this book the story will long be remembered." - Grady Harp, Hall of Fame Reviewer
- "Masterfully written, this is one of those reads that will stick with you by evoking emotion and causing an introspective contemplation" - Dennis Waller, Top 500 Reviewer
- "Her ability to create a dreamlike atmosphere within her tale is spellbinding. She touches my soul with her words." - Dii, Top 500 Reviewer
- "The atmosphere of the 1940s is beautifully portrayed, and on a secondary level only to the (mostly) unrequited love story, it was my next treasured experience while reading this book. I loved the sounds and sights of the era, the music, the cars, and the lifestyles so well depicted. It was a fascinating dip into the life of those dynamic times." - Aaron Paul Lazar, Author
- "But the real story is the foundation of love and commitment Lenny has for his wife years later when, at a young age, she starts to exhibit clear signs of Early Onset Alzheimer's! Alzheimer's is a brutal, despicable disease for anyone at any age, but as a woman in the middle of life, it's especially tragic!" - Elaine C Pereira, Author
- ""The Music of Us" is a wonderful love story from the first sentence until the very last. It touched my heart." - Cary Allen Stone, Author
- "That generation has been called the Greatest Generation for the sacrifices they made and their amazing accomplishments in later years. If you enjoy historical fiction with a touch of romance. If you enjoy believable, complex characters, this is a book for you." - Richard L. Weatherly, Author
- "Oh what gorgeous writing. This is a deeply moving story of love, of World War II and rationing and the music of that era... The author's own passion draws you in, makes you feel every wrench of what the characters feel. This powerful, poignant story is absolutely mesmerizing." - J.A. Schneider, Author
- "What an amazing story! I have heard of Uvi Poznansky, but I had not previously read her work. Wonderful! Her writing is as beautiful and lyrical and sad as the story she lays out, that of a husband trying to reconnect with the love of his life... This is a deep romance and a true love story, as opposed to so much shallow trivia that's labeled romance. Elegant, classic, and classy, The Music of Us is a top of the line read. " - Sandy Nathan, Author, Vine Voice
- "Lyrical, musical, and hauntingly genuine, told in a voice that ages convincingly and loves completely, The Music Of Us lingers beautifully in the mind, long after the story's told, and is a truly great read." - Sheila Deeth, Author, Top Amazon Reviewer, Vine Voice
★ "Her ability to create a dreamlike atmosphere within her tale is spellbinding. She touches my soul with her words." - Dii, Top 500 Reviewer
From the Author
The series Still Life with Memories includes the following volumes:
- I: My Own Voice
- II: The White Piano
- III: The Music of Us
- IV: Dancing with Air
- V: Marriage before Death
- VI: Book Bites: The Wrong Girl
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 75%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But the real story is the foundation of love and commitment Lenny has for his wife years later when, at a young age, she starts to exhibit clear signs of Early Onset Alzheimer's! Alzheimer's is a brutal, despicable disease for anyone at any age, but as a woman in the middle of life, it's especially tragic!
While reading The Music of Us I could help but think about the real life Pat Summit, Tennessee's winning women's basketball coach, who succumb to EOA at age 64. Although the stories and time frames are very different, the underlying tragedy is the same.
Cruelly, Alzheimer's hits when Natasha is only forty-five. One's heart breaks to hear Lenny ask, "What is it, dear?" Natasha, who he's just described as treating him like a stranger, answers, "I just sat down at my piano and tried to buckle my seat belt."
This is harrowing. You feel Lenny's sense of loss and emotional devastation. The author's own passion draws you in, makes you feel every wrench of what the characters feel. This powerful, poignant story is absolutely mesmerizing.
The author writes in a lyrical prose that captivates the reader as she takes you through the story and enfuses color and a vibrancy that stills your soul. This reader felt as if a part of this romantic tale looking in on all the angst and joy the characters felt. Natasha is slowly losing herself and her husband, Leonard, doesn't know how to help her find her way back. It is a heart wrenching tale that will bring you to tears.
A beautiful story that continues in the next books. I look forward to reading more of this talented author's work.
I have read many books by the other and I have to say that one really moved me deeply since a family member suffers from the terrible disease Alzheimer. And still it is a love story between Lenny and Natasha.
Uvi amazes me with her writing and inside and intelligence to write books like that one. Masterly written.
I just couldn't stop reading it until finish. It deeply moved me.
Well done, and deserves the 5 stars. If there would be more stars to give I would give it to her.
The Music Of Us is the third in a sequence of novels, and a wonderful crown to the tale. Readers certainly don’t need to have read Apart From Love beforehand, and Music is hauntingly complete in its own right. It deepens the story of the earlier novel by adding time’s perspective, setting up the scene from which Apart begins. But it tells so story all its own, achingly lovely and sad.
Lyrical, musical, and hauntingly genuine, told in a voice that ages convincingly and loves completely, The Music Of Us lingers beautifully in the mind, long after the story’s told, and is a truly great read.
Disclosure: I thought I was just getting more of the original story, but this is so much more!