The Music of Us (Still Life with Memories) (Volume 3) Paperback – October 27, 2015
Enhance your purchase
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- "Words can be melodic, and author Uvi Poznansky's book at times reads like a symphony. This is the music of love, elegantly written with an essence of bittersweet romance. It is a celebration of the wonderful feelings people experience during the early days of getting to know each other, written in the heartbreak and shadows of later years." - A. Reader, TOP 100 REVIEWER
- "A powerful and poignant novel that will grip at your heart strings ... a love story that invites the reader into a romance." - Serenity, HALL OF FAME, TOP 10 REVIEWER
- "Uvi touches us with a tenderness that unites her skill as a writer with her gifts as a visual artist and once swept into her fictional account of the 'us' of this book the story will long be remembered." - Grady Harp, HALL OF FAME, TOP 100 REVIEWER
- "Masterfully written, this is one of those reads that will stick with you by evoking emotion and causing an introspective contemplation" - Dennis Waller, Top 500 Reviewer
- "Her ability to create a dreamlike atmosphere within her tale is spellbinding. She touches my soul with her words." - Dii, Top 500 Reviewer
- "The atmosphere of the 1940s is beautifully portrayed, and on a secondary level only to the (mostly) unrequited love story, it was my next treasured experience while reading this book. I loved the sounds and sights of the era, the music, the cars, and the lifestyles so well depicted. It was a fascinating dip into the life of those dynamic times." - Aaron Paul Lazar, Author
- "But the real story is the foundation of love and commitment Lenny has for his wife years later when, at a young age, she starts to exhibit clear signs of Early Onset Alzheimer's! Alzheimer's is a brutal, despicable disease for anyone at any age, but as a woman in the middle of life, it's especially tragic!" - Elaine C Pereira, Author
- ""The Music of Us" is a wonderful love story from the first sentence until the very last. It touched my heart." - Cary Allen Stone, Author
- "That generation has been called the Greatest Generation for the sacrifices they made and their amazing accomplishments in later years. If you enjoy historical fiction with a touch of romance. If you enjoy believable, complex characters, this is a book for you." - Richard L. Weatherly, Author
- "Oh what gorgeous writing. This is a deeply moving story of love, of World War II and rationing and the music of that era... The author's own passion draws you in, makes you feel every wrench of what the characters feel. This powerful, poignant story is absolutely mesmerizing." - J.A. Schneider, Author
- "What an amazing story! I have heard of Uvi Poznansky, but I had not previously read her work. Wonderful! Her writing is as beautiful and lyrical and sad as the story she lays out, that of a husband trying to reconnect with the love of his life... This is a deep romance and a true love story, as opposed to so much shallow trivia that's labeled romance. Elegant, classic, and classy, The Music of Us is a top of the line read. " - Sandy Nathan, Author, Vine Voice
- "Lyrical, musical, and hauntingly genuine, told in a voice that ages convincingly and loves completely, The Music Of Us lingers beautifully in the mind, long after the story's told, and is a truly great read." - Sheila Deeth, Author, Top Amazon Reviewer, Vine Voice
★ "Her ability to create a dreamlike atmosphere within her tale is spellbinding. She touches my soul with her words." - Dii, Top 500 Reviewer
From the Author
- I: My Own Voice
- II: The White Piano
- III: The Music of Us
- IV: Dancing with Air
- V: Marriage before Death
- Book Bites: The Wrong Girl
- Publisher : Uvi Poznansky (October 27, 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 229 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0984993290
- ISBN-13 : 978-0984993291
- Item Weight : 11 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.52 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #8,262,147 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Uvi Poznansky is a literary tour de force in a contemporary age when the quality of writing often takes a back seat to the quick thrill, or to be more precise, the quick buck. She writes as she paints, with careful, vibrant strokes of amazing clarity and color. Whether you are a reader or writer, teacher or student, you owe it to yourself read her work. You will be transported to a world where life is examined from a poet’s point of view, where you live in vignettes so real that you can’t help but love and care for the characters.
I have read all of Poznansky’s work, but this book resonated more deeply with me than all the previous titles, which I truly enjoyed. I suppose it is because I am an inveterate romantic. I ached for the young, “flashback” characters to come together. I shouted at them to wake up and smell the coffee when they missed opportunities to get together, and I reveled in the sweet endings when they finally connected.
The atmosphere of the 1940s is beautifully portrayed, and on a secondary level only to the (mostly) unrequited love story, it was my next treasured experience while reading this book. I loved the sounds and sights of the era, the music, the cars, and the lifestyles so well depicted. It was a fascinating dip into the life of those dynamic times.
If you are aching for a lyrical read, for something above and beyond the usual offerings in the field of fiction, I highly recommend you pick up a copy of Uvi Poznansky’s The Music of Us.
--Aaron Paul Lazar
So I'll call this review the quick and the truth, and hope you readers who actually read every word, and think about what you read, will find this book, this writer, this flickering light in the darkness -- and rejoice.
A story like this once was called a novel, and if there were more than one, connected but with each virtually complete, a cycle. So here's Uvi's cycle. Start anywhere. Start here, with "The Music of Us."
In some ways this book broke my heart and in other ways it tells of how life is such a precious gift. To treasure every day you have with the people you love. I’ve read a lot of stories about Alzheimer’s and I have to say, for me personally, this was the very best. Uvi did a beautiful dance of balance and grace with this story. Maybe it was a little wake up call to say, hey, look at what you have with someone and not what you’ve lost.
I highly recommend this book. Not just for people who have family members with Alzheimer’s disease, but for those who might need a little refresher course on family, friends, and the ties that bind. Loyality, honesty and strength that you find with Lenny, is what we should all strive for.