Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2008, 6:30:48 PM PDT
I have read several topics and posts about a variety of music stuff. I call it stuff because that is what it is, stuff. Bands, songs, producers, album covers, Etc. some people choose to complain about "new punk music" and how it is EMO stuff or artsy music. metal heads debate over the loudest or greatest metal act, you see where I am going with this. Any how I am asking people to remember the common ground here, not the reasons motor head is better than the cure or weather van halen was better with david lee roth. the common ground is that music is a form of expression and we all use music to define who we are and how we want others to see us. there is no right or wrong it either works for you or it does not. I choose to let bands like black flag, the sex pistols, and minor threat define me, well ok I did, that was like 20 years ago. now it is more sum 41, blink 182 etc. I teach music at a high school and encourage students to be active listiners of music. all music defines something. no one has to to like other peoples music but everyone should respect others music as it does represent something. we define ourselves and who we are by our cars, clothes, friends, food we eat and stuff like that. Music is no different it is who we are. by the way if I have any misspelled words let that serve as just one reason why I teach music and not english or (God forbid) math. just not my cup of tea. try some active listening and listen to something different and see if you can figure out what the music is saying. you don't have to like it, just try to understand it. thanks for reading. Joe

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2008, 10:56:50 PM PDT
Zer-o-jimm says:
Thanks alot for that, actually. It's so easy to get caught up in all the insanity that goes on on these forums. But you're right, most of the squabbling that goes on, considering the atual reason we listen to musuc, is pretty irrelevent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 17, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 17, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins (Audio CD - 1995)
4.5 out of 5 stars (912)