The Musical Fantasies of Charles Griffes & Deems Taylor
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
This recording with a playtime of 71.50 minutes features the music of composers Charles Griffes and Deems Taylor performed by The Seattle Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Gerard Schwarz.
1. Through The Looking Glass: Dedication
2. Through The Looking Glass: The Garden Of Live Flowers
3. Through The Looking Glass: Jabberwocky
4. Through The Looking Glass: Looking Glass Insects
5. Through The Looking Glass: The White Knight
6. The Pleasure-Dome Of Kubla Khan
7. The White Peacock
8. Poem For Flute And Orchestra
9. Three Tone Pictures: The Lake At Evening
10. Three Tone Pictures: The Vale Of Dreams
11. Three Tone Pictures: The Night Winds
Top Customer Reviews
By H Johnson on November 12, 2011
Format: Audio CD Verified PurchaseComment Sending feedback...
I first heard snatches of a hauntingly beautiful piece of music on my local classical music station. After inquiry I was told it was from Through the Looking Glass by Deems Taylor, a composer early in the 20th century, but was probably no longer available. Wrong! I found it immediately on Amazon. The accompanying piece, Pleasure Dome of the Kubla Khan by Charles Griffes, also a 20th century composer, is equally exquisite. The album is a real treasure - and still available through Amazon!
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again