Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on July 15, 2016
Remarkable cookbook! The prep times for SOME of the recipes can be a bit ...much, and SOME ingredients scarce (like rabbit or truffles or chanterelles or morel mushrooms, at least where I am from); but I can not fault any of the food, because everything I have made out of this cookbook so far has been savory and delicious and has received rave reviews from my family. The Lemon Garlic Chicken for instance, well worth the lengthy prep time; mmmmmm, that sauce. (I believe there is a video demonstrating how to make it on YouTube, that was very helpful as well, as the sauce preparations can be a bit tricky to do). Goes great with Mustards Mashed Potatoes; goat cheese variation is quite flavorful as well. Same goes for the Seared Ahi Tuna on Sesame Crackers, appetizer sized but absolutely delicious. + I keep reading reviews exclaiming the awesomeness of the Mongolian Pork Chops; am totally going to make those next with the Mixed Wild Mushroom Risotto with Grilled Chanterelles (am just going to sub those with baby bellas, what can you do *shrugs*).
on December 16, 2014
I have been to Mustard's Grill a few times on trips to Napa and always enjoy the food. This cookbook includes recipes for many of the dishes served at the restaurant which is great and I think it is very generous of her to share so many of them! She presents each main dish as a meal indicating the appropriate sides with recipes. The book is beautifully illustrated and there are also little side notes about the dishes and their preparation that are interesting and helpful. I am a pretty good cook and so far I have tried 3 of the recipes/meals, including the famous "Mongolian Pork Chop", and have been very pleased with the results. The preparation requires time and planning and, for me, some ingredients that I had never used before but had no problem finding locally. I'm definitely happy that I purchased this cookbook and I'm looking forward to trying more of the recipes.
on May 14, 2009
Mmmmm Mmmmm.. Salmon roulades with parsley and garlic topped with a citrus, celery, kalamata dressing or the Mongolian Pork Chops... Excellent recipes. Our guests are always raving! Not to mention the Chicken wings recipe! I've been purchasing this cookbook as gifts to my closest friends and family! Ms. Pawlcyn knows how to do it!
on March 30, 2017
Purchased one for ourselves and one for our daughter after a great evening at Mustard's Grill..
Great addition to the library
on July 28, 2016
I have eaten at this restaurant many years ago and it was so memorable. I had to grab the book as soon as I saw it was available. Realistic recipes that are scrumptiously delish.
on December 13, 2009
I bought this cookbood when I was in Napa Valley after eating at Mustard's Grill. Since then, I have prepared dishes that my guests rave about. One of my dear friends loved the crab cakes and beet relish so much that she wanted to purchase the book immediately. It was just the idea that I needed for her Christmas present. You won't go wrong preparing menus from this book for your guests if you can't go and enjoy the real experience at Mustard's Grill in person.
on September 28, 2012
Mustard's Grill is a landmark restaurant in the beautiful Napa Valley. Transport yourself to this beautiful place with the recipes in this wonderful cookbook!
Recipes are clearly written and easy to follow. I went on line at Amazon and ordered the book within minutes of leaving the restaurant, cheaper and I did not have to carry it back in my suitcase! Bonus!
on December 21, 2016
If you've had the food, you'll appreciate the book. As described.
on September 22, 2016
Some good recipes but I guess I prefer to get cookbooks NOT on my Kindle.
on August 7, 2016
I've been to the restaurant, the food is fantastic. Now I can reproduce some of the dishes at home