- File Size: 1698 KB
- Print Length: 302 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Will Patching; 1 edition (December 11, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 11, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M9I7XPD
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,560 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $11.00 (92%)
Mutilated: A British Crime Thriller (Doc Powers & D.I. Carver Investigate Book 2) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 302 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Readers are reintroduced to Detective Inspector Jack Carver and Doctor (“Doc”) Colin Powers. For those who may have missed Patching’s first book in this series, don’t worry. Each book stands on its own, and even though there are references to events in “Remorseless,” enough back story is provided to bring new readers up-to-date.
The grit begins early, as a live victim is found but in such a horrific state that one can only squirm while picturing the violence. The story unfolds quickly, and the author demonstrates a deep knowledge of police procedures. Throughout the tale, Patching continues to flesh out his characters, making it easy for readers to become involved in the lives of everyone involved. He is also adept at burrowing inside the minds of psychopaths and revealing their thought processes, providing an aspect that is sometimes missing from other crime novels. Readers should be warned that the author pulls no punches when it comes to describing crime scenes and victims, and language can be just as rough (as far as language goes, I found that it is not used as a device to spice up the book, and when employed, reflected the makeup of specific characters). If you find vulgarities offensive, you may wish to pass on this book.
The subcultures of tattooing and body suspension wind their way through the story, and those unfamiliar with these “pastimes” will find that the author has done his research on these subjects. Both are necessary to the story, and the accuracy and depictions of the events in the book aid in the story’s evolvement.
As Carver and Powers strive to solve the mystery and handle all the dilemmas that come their way, I entertained one possibility of how the story might evolve and was proven right in the end. While I congratulated myself on my detective skills, the author’s excellent writing kept me enthralled until the very end.
Will armchair detectives be able to successfully solve the case and deduce the killer? Maybe, but the success with this novel is in the suspense. While the brutality does not reach all the way through this story as it did in his first book in this series, the chance that the unthinkable could happen to anyone at any time keeps the reader genuinely worried about the characters. Even as the story is winding down to the last page, Patching continues to place his characters in jeopardy and keeps us perched on the edge of our seats until the book is closed. Five stars.
***Fair warning, if you fear pure evil, if you are faint of heart, if you have a weak stomach, if you are prone to nightmares, if you fear the dark, this is a novel you should not read without someone holding your hand.
This is the third amazing novel from Mr. Will Patching. His other two novels “The Hack” and “Remorseless” are truly amazing reads, which I immensely enjoyed. But, this novel, “Mutilated” is greatly more riveting, terrifying and haunting.
It is a novel which is extremely difficult to put down. You just desire to read on and on.
The characters are all interesting and bring this novel to “life“ and to “death“.
I gladly and proudly admit, I am a fan of this gifted and talented author. I look forward to reading all of his future novels. He refuses to let the reader down. Just as with delicious wine, a good cigar and a great woman, the novels get better and better with time.
His fourth book, “Hunter”, a sequel to “The Hack” is due in 2017.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Kidnapping
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Kidnapping
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Noir
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Vigilante Justice
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Pulp