Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
My ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts Hardcover – July 1, 1998
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Susan Hunt is a mother, grandmother, pastor’s wife, author, and the former director of women’s ministries for the Presbyterian Church in America. Hunt has written a number of books, including Spiritual Mothering.
YVETTE BANEK is a reviewer of crime fiction and a freelance illustrator. Her illustrations have appeared in several books, including Crossway's God Made Them All and My ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts. She lives in New Jersey.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
My wife and I would read the stories to our kids - oftentimes on the way to school, or at the dinner table - and then we would all quiz one another, "What's the `A' verse, or what's the `d' verse. There are several benefits to reading this book and discussing it with your children:
1. You get to learn 26 verses that delineate great truths about the Gospel, Christ, and godly values.
2. You and your children get to memorize 26 verses of the Bible.
3. The verses are made practical in each story - so your children get to learn how applicable and relevant the Bible is to their own young lives.
4. The gospel is taught, explained, and calls for a response in this book. All of our children have made a profession of faith in Christ, and it is very possible that the seeds planted from this book contributed to their salvation.
5. The stories are excellent for kids - it worked out really well for our kids because it always involved a boy and girl (and we had a boy and girl) that were curious to see who the hero of each story was.
6. There are good discussion questions for each story and it lends itself well to prayer and a personal response time of repentance, or encouragement.
7. Susan Hunt is not only a good children's writer, but a very good theologian - she weaves the story line together with Biblical Theology in such a way that the book is not moralistic, but Christ Centered and gospel driven.
8. Having all the verses start with a letter of the alphabet is a brilliant mnemonic device that we still use even with our children today at the ages of 15 and 17. As a matter of fact - probably not a month goes by where one of us in the family doesn't quiz each other on the "A-Z" verses. Sometimes we can even recall the story that went with the verse.
Since 1998 I've probably bought twenty of these books to give away to parents and at baby dedications in our church. I highly recommend it. I believe that my wife and I have benefited as much (maybe more) than our kids have. Now we are excited to read this book again and again to our grandkids. I highly recommend it for parents of young children, for grandparents, and for Sunday school teachers.