CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.95 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
My First Lab Duo-Scope Microscope - MFL-06
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- AWARD WINNING STEM MICROSCOPE - The My First Lab Duo-Scope Microscope is an Award Winning Microscope for STEM education. The Duo-Scope functions as a compound and stereo microscope in one unit. This allows you to view microscope slides as well as three dimensional items such as rocks and leaves.
- 50 PIECE ACCESSORY KIT INCLUDED - The Duo-Scope contains a 50 piece accessory kit insuring the fun starts as soon as the box is opened. The Accessory kit includes 5 plain slides, 1 concavity (well) slide, 4 prepared slides, cover glass, plastic dropper, slide labels, lens paper, forceps, plastic test tune, plastic Petri Dish, straight teasing needle and more!
- INSTRUCTION MANUAL WITH HELPFUL HINTS - Item includes the accessories and instruction manual for helping you to make your own prepared slides and tips for usage. The manual also includes an experiment guide that will encourage further exploration.
- REAL GLASS OPTICS - This microscope comes equipped with real glass optics. Each Duo-Scope comes with a 10X eyepiece as well as 4X, 10X, 40X glass objective gicing you 40X, 100X, 400X Magnification.
- 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY - One-year manufacturer warranty to protect your investment in your child's learning.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
# 1 Best-Selling Microscope, from the makers of REAL scientific equipment
The award-winning Duo-Scope 2-in 1 microscope delivers hours of hands-on learning and fun, keeping kids engaged in science instead of glued to TV or phone! Ages 9 and up.
• Includes 50-piece science accessory and experiment kit - you can make your slides
• 2 Scopes in 1 – View 3D objects AND prepared slides
• Experiment Guide and Instruction Manual Included
• Sparks creativity - explore the world around you!
• Powerful magnification and clarity– 10x eyepiece up to 400X magnification
• Lightweight - Perfect for indoor or outdoor use
• Award-winning - Made from a company that has been bringing quality microscopes to children for over 25 years
• Supports STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) learning
My First Lab we help kids of all ages discover, learn, and grow.
PACKED with a 50-Piece Science Kit!
• 5 blank slides
• 1 concavity (well) slide
• 4 prepared slides
• 2 bottles of stain
• Plastic test tube
• Plastic Petri dish
• Experiment Guide and Operating Manual
• And more!
Requires 3 AA batteries (not included)
STEM-Based Learning. With the same technology by lab professionals and REAL scientists around the world, the scope fosters creative thinking that develops critical learning skills and confidence in kids through STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) based learning.
From the Manufacturer
The Duo-Scope is a dual functioning biological microscope that incorporates modified objectives with dual cool LED illumination! This allows the user to view both microscopic sized specimens on slides as well as macroscopic (solid) objects like bugs, stamps and coins!
Legal DisclaimerBox has some cosmetic damage. Item is in great condition. Please see pictures, Thank You!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was actually surprised at the quality of this little microscope. Yes, most of it is plastic, but it's a nice, sturdy plastic and the parts that really matter, like the objectives, eyepiece tube, and lenses are metal and glass. It magnifies X40, X100, and X1000. I think one of my favorite features on this microscope is the LED lights sub-stage and overhead that allows you to view both slides and solid objects, such as plants, coins, and insects. It's also battery-powered so it allows for portable use "in the field."
It comes with 5 blank slides, cover slides & slide labels for those, 4 prepared slides (ours came with paramecium, salt crystal, mouth smear, and pollen...those are really cool, the pollen was our favorite), 1 double well slide (for liquids, like pond water) all slides are glass, except for the double well slide, and come with 2 plastic carrying cases they all fit in. Also included are a plastic dropper, 2 bottles non-toxic "stain" (red & blue, they're actually just food coloring), forceps, lens paper, test tube (small, glass), Petri dish (small,plastic) and a user's manual. It also comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
The user's manual has lots of pictures and explains what each piece is and how to use it. It also has lots of good ideas for observation like onion cell-mitosis, observing mold growth, insect observation, shaking grains of pollen on a slide, comparing hairs from various animals, observing different fibers, how to stain specimens, and more.
My only real complaint about this microscope is there are some small spots that are always there when you look through the eyepiece (they can be seen on our pictures as small grey spots). I have cleaned all the outside lenses numerous times, so I know there must be either dust on the inside or just cheap glass lenses. It is only slightly annoying and we eventually got used to them.
For those of you interested in this for a child, we have found the book Greg's Microscope by Millicent E. Selsam to be helpful in sparking young children's interest in exploring our world through a microscope. It's an old book no longer in print, but you can find it on eBay.
All in all, this little microscope would be great for a child, beginner, or even just an "in the field" tool. Easy to use and lots of fun!
I did play with it too; I used microscopes at school, many years ago, and of course this won't compare with professional equipment, but it is good enough for kids.
The resolution is good; if you have time to prepare your samples, you will have a lot of fun. The box include 5 blank plates; be sure to not break them, they are really fragile, and for sure not suitable for kids (the edges are sharp).
Overall it is easy to use, you can look at simple things like stones, metal coin and also hair and bits of skin, but the fun is to watch very small items, although you need patience in preparing the samples, or just save time and get a pre-made set with most of the nice samples ready to be looked at.
The light below is strong but not super strong, so if you use samples that are too thick, you won't see much. The top light is good but if you use the maximum magnification attachment, it will cover the top light so you won't see anything.
the controls are simple, overall feel sturdy enough, although you want to supervise your kids, because there is no lock mechanism for the moving plate: you move it too close to the magnifier and you can actually break either the magnifier attachment or the sample. Once you find the right distance it works fine, but it takes a moment to get distracted and end up moving the plate too much, so beware of that.
In the end, there are a lot of accessories to do preliminary observation on many things; I had no luck in observing living cells, so unless you have big bacteria or micro-organisms around, you won't be able to see living cells (I did try with some blood and some dirty water in a yard puddle and could not see much). Perfect as first microscope, I am having as much fun as the kids!