Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 970 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,069 reviews
on January 29, 2016
One of the most real and believable accounts of heaven I have read. Makes the transition from here to there so much more tangible. I am a believer a know there is heaven. I believe Marv is there and I will see him when I get there . I'm glad God sent him back to tell others about heaven and give them encouragement. I highly recommend this book to those who need encouragement or may have lost someone they love and are having a hard time. Great and inspiring read!
on January 4, 2016
I just have to say, I just finished reading this amazing story and have used up numerous tissues.

I have truly been so very blessed to have read this book and would very much recommend it to, well, everyone.

The loss of a child is a heartache and agony I thoroughly understand, and will always live with, but I feel sooo very blessed to know that my little man is very well and so very loved, as are all the babies and children any of us have lost. Honestly though, "lost" is a misnomer, 'cause no one is lost who goes to Heaven. Not a one, especially not these little ones.

Read, enjoy, and be inspired and blessed. 😌
on January 30, 2017
I bought this book Dec 20, 2012. However, just read it Jan 2017. Not sure what attracted me to this book this year yet I can only say it was truly an encouraging and joyful read. I am a Christian and await the day I meet Jesus and my heavenly Father, God Almighty, face-to-face. Thank you to Marv and his wife for sharing this book. It definitely helps me to focus on what really matters - loving like He loves me. Although I was saddened to read Marv passed on shortly after I bought the book, his impact will continue for many years because he was obedient. God bless and enjoy the read.
on March 2, 2014
I cannot know what, exactly, Mr. Besterman experienced. However, I am confident he did, indeed, experience something far outside the realm of what we would call "normal". In other words, I do not think for a minute he made this story up out of whole cloth just to scam people, or sell a book. Nor do I think it was just a dream or some kind of hallucination. He remembers way too much fine detail for him to have just dreamed this in my estimation. People simply don't recall dreams with the kind of precision used to describe this experience.

What DID actually happen to this guy? I don't know.

If God and heaven do exist, and I personally think they do, then I do not find it impossible to believe that God could on certain occasions throughout history give a few very lucky people a glimpse of that reality. People who read the book and dismiss the story because they don't think it jives with the exact biblical description of heaven are missing the point. If in fact God were to show someone a glimpse of heaven, it would then be up to God to decide what He wanted that person to see and experience. What Mr. Besterman claims happened to him is so far beyond our human concepts it is mind boggling, and besides, the bible never gives a blueprint telling us in complete detail what heaven will be like anyway.

So, who might appreciate this book? First, you have to believe in the afterlife, then you have to believe that God might choose to show someone that afterlife if, in fact, it does exist. If you can't accept those two faith-based premises, and they are without a doubt faith-based, then the book is almost assuredly not for you.

Naysayers will doubtlessly relegate this story to the ranks of yet another crackpot Bible-thumper's apologist fairy tale, and sarcastically dismiss the believers as knuckle-dragging, delusional Neanderthals who cannot accept reality, ragging on the book because the author is a Christian, and that alone ought to give one pause.

Often, it is simply assumed that anything that comes out of a professed Christian's mouth or reinforces a Christian world view must be inherently false at best, or shameless propaganda at worst.

But quantum physics is showing us that what we think is "reality" is not always what it seems. I say, let the author tell the tale as he believes it actually transpired. After all, it is HIS personal story. If someone else wants to write about their own similar experience and has an entirely different spiritual take on it, then that is their right as well. In other words, don't just write the guy off because he is a Christian, or just blindly accept everything he has to say for the same reason.

Did the events in this book really occur? Mr. Besterman thinks they did, and he makes a persuasive case that he was not "imagining things". Does that "prove" anything? Nope. The existence of God cannot be proven. Nonetheless, I found the book to be an interesting and entertaining read.
on January 3, 2014
I have been reading a chapter per day of this book to the seniors who join me for "Bible Reading." All of us living in an assisted living facility, and when I heard several residents lamenting the fact they could no longer read their Bibles. I began reading it to them every day -- sometimes twice per day. One of the nurses suggested this book, so I purchased it. All of us know our arrival in heaven is quickly approaching. This book, "My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life," has brought all of us such comfort and peace. I cannot recommend this book as highly as I would like because I am limited to five stars, but it deserves so much more. If you ever wondered what heaven will be like, you need to read this book. You will be filled with such joy. Also, if you have lost a child or any other beloved family member, then you definitely need to read this book.
on December 22, 2014
I would have liked to give this book five stars simply for its sincerity, but I can't. Nevertheless, it's a good read--I've read it twice.

What I liked:

1) It has good structure: logical beginning, middle, and end.
2) He speaks from his heart.
3) His account of Heaven is entirely scriptural.
4) He explains why he wrote the book.
5) He weaves the story of his life throughout his account, which gives context.

What I didn't like:

1) Editing could be better. Some sentences are structured awkwardly, and the editor made silly slips, like using "pour" when it should be "pore."

Regardless, if you have lost a loved one, particularly a child, you will find Mr. Besteman's account of his trip to Heaven very interesting, even comforting.
on March 13, 2014
It took me awhile to get into this book, but I kept coming back! It was the personal story that drew me further and further into the book's pages. I

I am a lifelong Catholic with two degrees in theology and this book resonates with what I know of heaven from Scripture and Catholic teaching over the centuries! Just finished a book discussion of Where to From Here by Brian Grogan and these two works mesh nicely - one the theory and teaching about heaven, the other the personal experience of the heavenly realm!

God's abounding love for us will bring each of us home - somehow - and we will leave that up to God's infinite wisdom!
on July 7, 2014
I just finished My Journey to Heaven, and my eyes are red from the tears I shed, It is a book I believe all should read. It is a personal confirmation of what we all, in some way, always wish for . I have just had another bout of Breast Cancer and I'm not so sure what the Lord has in mind for me, or when I will return to his heavenly home, but reading Journey to Heaven, gave me a sense of peace and the tears were not sad but of the joy I can look forward to . I will see the son who died of cancer at 29 years of age, I will see my mother and father, and to see them smile at me will be such a joy. My best friend in this world will be there with a huge hug. I loved her so much. There has been much sadness in my life, but there has also been happiness. I love my life and I look forward to my final journey to Heaven.
on July 5, 2015
I SO enjoyed this book. It helped me have some peace after losing my sweet mother in which I helped my sister take care of for 26 years. She was a very special, loving and caring mother who's smile not only on her face but in her eyes would light up a room. She had a massive stroke at the age of 36 and many after that. She had very little speech for 32 years but her smile spoke volumes. God showed us his miracles through her in those 32 years with all she had gone through. Only given 10% chance to live, on many occasions, but He had other plans for her. Seeing all she would go through and still be smiling and never complaining and always loving Jesus. Our God is an awesome God. Thank you for this book. It gives me comfort in knowing she is, walking on her own, smiling, talking non stop, I'm sure....brings tears to my eyes. Peace to my heart. Thanks again for sharing your visit to the gates.
on December 6, 2015
Thank you for this beautiful book, Mr. Besteman. I've read many books on this topic, and I was skeptical at some of Mr. Besteman's claims at first. Some details seemed out of synch with many otter near death accounts I've read. However this story is written with such warmth and sincerity, it won me over, and I believe the author experienced everything as he described it. It was hard to read the ending and not think there truly was a Divine Plan for this book.