Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 942 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,036 reviews
on January 22, 2016
It was God who had me read this. I was going to save it on my Kindle for later. When it wouldn't go to the cloud I read it. It was the reassurance of what God told me last week. """All I need is him. """Clearly I heard this as I was searching for my phone. Last week I saw an Angel who told me """ Yes, It will be all right.""" Reading this book confirmed that God was speaking to me. My granddaughter (12) Elyssa died and went to Heaven July 31,2015. We had a special bond. I miss her with all my being. I wasn't sure how to go on without her. Now I know, what I really knew all along. She is in a better place and she wouldn't want to come back. Thank You!!!
on January 1, 2014
My Journey to Heaven is such an uplifting and comforting book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has lost a loved one. The part of the book that touched me the most was the wondrous sight of so many precious babies that the author caught a glimpse of during his spectacular time spent at Heaven's Gate.

If anyone reading this review has lost a child, please give yourself a gift--and purchase this book. I assure you that you will find comfort knowing that your baby is safely in heaven, and you will hold that child in your arms again someday. For anyone who may be thinking that this cannot be true--perhaps, because your child was aborted, PLEASE know, your baby is safe and alive in heaven. You will be reunited when your earthly mission is over.

The author, Marvin J. Besteman, saw many loved ones and friends during his journey to heaven. I love the way he describes the sights and sounds, and the many details he shares from his experience. I'm thankful he was given the chance to share what he saw and heard while there in front of the gate of heaven.

God is good. God is merciful, and His truth endures to all generations.
on January 30, 2014
This is great look at one man's journey to heaven and what he experienced their. It is a wondrous account of heaven what Besteman saw and who he saw. It is a lot to wrap your mind around if you are not a believer. If you believe then you know that this version of heaven or something close is what it is like but you also know that words human words can not describe heaven accurately or majestically. I am so glad that Besteman came back to write this book and share his experience. You can see GODS hand directing him in the directions he is supposed to go. He was truly blessed to have this experience and to be sent back by GOD to be used as his instrument to spread the word about heaven. This book sent chills up my spine it had a huge impact on me. I would recommend this book to everyone to read it is a very important book. Spiritual and beautiful, amazing and happy and touching and very truthful. Read this book you will not be sorry.

Papa Place
on July 15, 2014
I always find it fascinating to read people's accounts of NDEs. This book is no exception but I must say it was one of my least favorites of this genre. Without getting too philosophical, I do understand that every person's NDE experience is filtered through their own personal belief system. In this case that person was a somewhat mysogynist (all Angels are male) older man with decidedly traditional Christian beliefs about the afterlife. So indeed he went to the gates of Heaven and met St. Peter who looked up his name in a book and failed to find it. His descriptions of Heaven are therefore limited to what he could see from the gate, as St. Peter would not allow him to pass. Nevertheless, he was able to observe enough to bring him much personal comfort and that is really the point. For many traditional Christians, this book will also bring them comfort that a promised Heaven awaits them. The writer's NDE experience, while seemingly genuine, also seems rather predictable. Additionally, the book is not very well written and contains quite a lot of "filler" material. Most importantly, I did not come away feeling as though I had learned anything new from this man's encounter with the devine, which was disappointing.
on October 3, 2012
Book Review: My Journey to Heaven, 2012, non-fiction testimony, by Marvin J. Besteman , e-book edition. Date of review: October 3, 2012

I personally know of individuals (close personal friends) who have come back from out of body experiences, or from death after 30-40 minutes of being pronounced dead. So I find it very easy to accept the personal testimony of author Marvin J. Besteman, who writes of having gone to heaven from his hospital bed and then come back. The way by which he wrote his testimony left me with the final conclusion he did, in fact, personally witness all the things he described. His words appeared to be honest, heartfelt, and candid, albeit this book left me asking questions for which there appears to be no earthly answer this side of Heaven. It was an enormously joyful book to read and an encouragement. How could I not give this book a 5 star rating? I recommend "My Journey to Heaven" to anyone who has lost a child, either by natural causes, or by abortion because the story addresses those subjects with honesty, vision, and candor. God is good all the time and this story addresses that goodness.

Jim E. Reames, Christian author
"Valley of the Dry Bones," 1992
"LaDon's Lost Diamond," 2008
Contributor
"GBA2015", 2012, by Sheriff John A. Turner
"After the Cloud", 2012, by Sheriff John A. Turner
on January 12, 2014
This book makes a person go into deep thought !! When during the process of "leaving the body" I have heard others remark about seeing their body on a bed and watching Drs. work on them....sort of gives me the shivers at that point but still enjoy the journey to heaven.---AND I would not want to come back either!
on January 4, 2014
I LOVED this book. The was a lot of my questions answered including the one about if our name is there today will it always be there. Marv said it had to b written everyday so that's where w need to ask for forgiveness EVERYDAY. I am sorry for your loss Ruth but so happy Marv got to go back to heaven, the one perfect place.
on March 8, 2017
I love reading this kind of book. What a blessing that God sent Marv back to earth to share what he saw in Heaven. I highly recommend this book.
on December 23, 2014
very disappointed. I was hoping to learn about what to expect in heaven and instead got to read about his family. He may or may not have actually gone to heaven. I will not say he didn't go to heaven. I will say that his visit consisted of standing in one of the doorways to heaven and looking in. He saw friends and family walk by but did not actually speak to any. He only waved to them. He says Peter met him and looked in the book of life and did not see his name "yet". He describes the beautiful colors and how everyone looked so healthy. I have now told you everything he actually tells you about heaven. Please don't waste your money if you are trying to learn more about what will eventually be your new home.
on March 4, 2017
After loosing my husband in an automobile accident. I never got to say goodbye. I am looking forward to seeing him someday