Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Travel Accessories Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 942 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,036 reviews
on January 22, 2016
It was God who had me read this. I was going to save it on my Kindle for later. When it wouldn't go to the cloud I read it. It was the reassurance of what God told me last week. """All I need is him. """Clearly I heard this as I was searching for my phone. Last week I saw an Angel who told me """ Yes, It will be all right.""" Reading this book confirmed that God was speaking to me. My granddaughter (12) Elyssa died and went to Heaven July 31,2015. We had a special bond. I miss her with all my being. I wasn't sure how to go on without her. Now I know, what I really knew all along. She is in a better place and she wouldn't want to come back. Thank You!!!
on January 1, 2014
My Journey to Heaven is such an uplifting and comforting book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has lost a loved one. The part of the book that touched me the most was the wondrous sight of so many precious babies that the author caught a glimpse of during his spectacular time spent at Heaven's Gate.

If anyone reading this review has lost a child, please give yourself a gift--and purchase this book. I assure you that you will find comfort knowing that your baby is safely in heaven, and you will hold that child in your arms again someday. For anyone who may be thinking that this cannot be true--perhaps, because your child was aborted, PLEASE know, your baby is safe and alive in heaven. You will be reunited when your earthly mission is over.

The author, Marvin J. Besteman, saw many loved ones and friends during his journey to heaven. I love the way he describes the sights and sounds, and the many details he shares from his experience. I'm thankful he was given the chance to share what he saw and heard while there in front of the gate of heaven.

God is good. God is merciful, and His truth endures to all generations.
on July 23, 2016
WOW! This book was so good. It was the best I have ever read on this subject. Marvin J Besteman, was truly a spiritual gifted man. I felt his story as I read each chapter from beginning to end. He made me feel like I was there with him seeing all of the wonderful, glory, and beautiful gates of heaven. It will uplift your spirit as you think of your love ones who are now in Heaven. I have read many many books, this one was he best for me. I came across this book after losing my mother, last year.

I highly recommend this book.
on January 3, 2014
I have been reading a chapter per day of this book to the seniors who join me for "Bible Reading." All of us living in an assisted living facility, and when I heard several residents lamenting the fact they could no longer read their Bibles. I began reading it to them every day -- sometimes twice per day. One of the nurses suggested this book, so I purchased it. All of us know our arrival in heaven is quickly approaching. This book, "My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life," has brought all of us such comfort and peace. I cannot recommend this book as highly as I would like because I am limited to five stars, but it deserves so much more. If you ever wondered what heaven will be like, you need to read this book. You will be filled with such joy. Also, if you have lost a child or any other beloved family member, then you definitely need to read this book.
on July 5, 2015
I SO enjoyed this book. It helped me have some peace after losing my sweet mother in which I helped my sister take care of for 26 years. She was a very special, loving and caring mother who's smile not only on her face but in her eyes would light up a room. She had a massive stroke at the age of 36 and many after that. She had very little speech for 32 years but her smile spoke volumes. God showed us his miracles through her in those 32 years with all she had gone through. Only given 10% chance to live, on many occasions, but He had other plans for her. Seeing all she would go through and still be smiling and never complaining and always loving Jesus. Our God is an awesome God. Thank you for this book. It gives me comfort in knowing she is, walking on her own, smiling, talking non stop, I'm sure....brings tears to my eyes. Peace to my heart. Thanks again for sharing your visit to the gates.
on January 30, 2014
This is great look at one man's journey to heaven and what he experienced their. It is a wondrous account of heaven what Besteman saw and who he saw. It is a lot to wrap your mind around if you are not a believer. If you believe then you know that this version of heaven or something close is what it is like but you also know that words human words can not describe heaven accurately or majestically. I am so glad that Besteman came back to write this book and share his experience. You can see GODS hand directing him in the directions he is supposed to go. He was truly blessed to have this experience and to be sent back by GOD to be used as his instrument to spread the word about heaven. This book sent chills up my spine it had a huge impact on me. I would recommend this book to everyone to read it is a very important book. Spiritual and beautiful, amazing and happy and touching and very truthful. Read this book you will not be sorry.

Papa Place
on January 4, 2016
I just have to say, I just finished reading this amazing story and have used up numerous tissues.

I have truly been so very blessed to have read this book and would very much recommend it to, well, everyone.

The loss of a child is a heartache and agony I thoroughly understand, and will always live with, but I feel sooo very blessed to know that my little man is very well and so very loved, as are all the babies and children any of us have lost. Honestly though, "lost" is a misnomer, 'cause no one is lost who goes to Heaven. Not a one, especially not these little ones.

Read, enjoy, and be inspired and blessed. 😌
on February 4, 2014
We spent July 2013 in Alabama at the Spears Family Reunion. We always come from the farthest distance- Seattle, Washington. It was sad but we found some joy in remembrances of Mama. Mama left us a letter, telling us she couldn't possible live through the loss of another child. Just 5 years prior, the baby of the family, Teresa, passed away suddenly at the age of 42 of unknown causes. On December 20, 2013, my husband's twin called to deliver the shocking news of their eldest brother's death. Raymond was out with his son, Pete, in the Bay of Pensacola. The water was choppy and knocked the boat sideways abruptly, knocking Raymond out of the boat. Despite his son's efforts, Pete wasn't able to save Raymond. He drowned that day. And my husband and I had the enormous task of going back to Alabama to bury yet another Spears. Another loss. Another to miss so very much. Our flight back to Seattle was from Pensacola, Florida, then to Miami and then on to Seattle. A long, killer of a flight to say the least! I NEEDED a book to read. I need help with my grief and supporting my husband's grief. I found this book and it really soothed me and lead me along my path of mourning. It gave me a glimpse of heaven and a reassurance that I will see all those I love again. I encourage anyone who has lost anyone to read it!
on May 26, 2015
This book is useless for serious students of the phenomenon called death (a misnomer since consciousness cannot possible died). The author met what he expected according to his religious beliefs. What would a Hindu or an atheist would meet? This, an many other questions, are left unanswered. Good for beginners.
For the real investigator of the subject, he just have to do a search on this site and enter: "NDE books", there are many excellent and better books about this topic. I just bought: "The Last Frontier", by Julia Assante, PhD and after reading the first few pages I realized that it is an excellent book in every sense of the word. I cannot recommend it strongly enough. And thanks Mrs.Assante for a job superbly done.

Benjamin
on December 6, 2015
Thank you for this beautiful book, Mr. Besteman. I've read many books on this topic, and I was skeptical at some of Mr. Besteman's claims at first. Some details seemed out of synch with many otter near death accounts I've read. However this story is written with such warmth and sincerity, it won me over, and I believe the author experienced everything as he described it. It was hard to read the ending and not think there truly was a Divine Plan for this book.