Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 16, 2012
I found this book a compelling read...who doesn't want to know what Heaven is like. We have all heard that those who go through the light don't want to come back.
Marvin Besteman, a stubborn Dutchman as he calls himself, was just operated on for a pancreatic tumor. He was in such pain the night after the surgery, and all of a sudden he felt himself floating free. No tubes, needles! For months after this experience he doesn't tell anyone.
The first person is his wife Ruth, and when she asked him if he had thought of her, he told her no. Was she disappointed? I think what happened was it was all so wonderful, that he didn't have time to think of anyone. What he describes is so very very wonderful, no wonder he didn't want to return.
I have recently lost my Husband, this book really touched my heart, and gave me a lot of peace. Marvin describes in detail the babies...lots and lots of them. In all stages of development from a few week old fetus to a full term. I have also lost a 77 day old infant, and to hear that they were all happy and laying on grass ...softer than any blanket. He said he didn't see anyone taking care of them, but knew some how they were all fine.
The colors he describes, the gates, the stone walls, and the throne. I could see it all through his eyes.
I will pass this book on for others to read, and I'm so glad I was given this opportunity to absorb all that is presented.
Of course I wanted more, and would have loved to sit down and speak personally with Marvin, but now it can never by. He did leave again and Saint Peter opened the gate earlier this year.

I received this book from the publisher Revell, and was not required to give a positive review.
22 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2016
Easy read, and it held my interest. I was disappointed that the details the writer used regarding heaven, weren't very explicit. I found some of the experiences that this gentleman had to be a little odd. Talking to the Apostle Peter like he was talking to a security guard at Walmart seemed a little strange to me. My mind pictures heaven to be a more spiritual place than what was described. I liked the book 90 Minutes in Heaven a lot more. Maybe this description is accurate, we will all find out someday.
on May 24, 2017
I have read a couple of other books on Heaven. I remember after my mom died, I read a book about angels and Heaven. I felt like I needed to know what my mom was experiencing. Now Shane is gone. Again, I felt the need to know where he is. I miss him so much!!!
on April 7, 2013
This was one of the best books I've ever read. Marvin, the author, has such a way of telling his story that you don't want to put it down. It made me want to go to heaven right now. I've always believed in Heaven but this was such an insight. My 47yr old husband passed away recently and I've been searching for something that could give me insight as to what he's seeing and if he is watching over me. This book gave me everything I was looking for and so much more. His story and the way he tells it, it a blessing from God for all of us left here to deal with loss and grief. I will definately recommend this book and have already shared it with others.
on November 9, 2017
I really enjoyed this book because it is spiritually uplifting. It causes me to think now about going to Heaven and not to do anything stupid here on earth that would prevent me from being acceptable to Our Precious Lord in Heaven!
on August 18, 2017
this was good, yet it seems that all books I have read about 'returning from heaven'--well, it is THAT person's 'interpretation'...albeit heaven is a wonderful place, and we will not want to leave once we get there.
on December 23, 2013
There are a few books now revealing glimpses of the glory awaiting believers in heaven. Marvin shares his experience and reveals things personal and precious to him. It seems each author has different experiences on their respective journeys. Marc shares sights not seen by others. Each experiences the glory of heaven and of God Himself. Marc adds important details for us to ponder. Read and enjoy his trip to heaven for yourself. You will be blessed by reading.
on April 23, 2016
This is a dear book. The author is very frank about his experience, which he initially was silent about, but couldn't keep inside. This is a family man who dearly loved and was loved. His recounting is very personal and will offer hope and faith to anyone who reads this. Great, and easily read.
on February 18, 2015
When I started reading this book I want sure what to expect. Would it be like the book heaven is for real?
Boy was I surprised. I can honestly say that after reading this book I feel relief. Marvin's description of heaven, the people there, the beauty, the music is what I have always hoped heaven would be. Seeing family and friends who have passed on before me waiting there with a smile, beckoning me to come in.
Marvin explained things in such detail that I was able to visualize it without a problem. Some references to the bible and to life I had would have never made that connection. But after reading it, it was as if I had an ah moment.
This book is well worth the read. Take your time enjoy the book, look at the scripture he mentions, reflect upon what you are reading. Is this what you visualized heaven to be? Are you positive without a doubt that you well end up there? If so great, what are Yolo going to do to continue to ensure you will arrive there? If not what changes will you be making in your life to get you to those gets of heaven?
on February 13, 2015
I have mixed feelings about this book. It seems like waiting in a long line at heaven's gate, challenging St Peter as to not being on the list to get in, and having St Peter go ask God if there's a mistake on the list are a little far-fetched. But the author has much faith and brings in Scripture in great ways. One thing that was annoying is that he constantly starts a topic but then adds, "we'll get to that later." That was frustrating. Overall it was enjoyable but definitely not great.