Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 969 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,069 reviews
on January 29, 2016
One of the most real and believable accounts of heaven I have read. Makes the transition from here to there so much more tangible. I am a believer a know there is heaven. I believe Marv is there and I will see him when I get there . I'm glad God sent him back to tell others about heaven and give them encouragement. I highly recommend this book to those who need encouragement or may have lost someone they love and are having a hard time. Great and inspiring read!
on January 1, 2014
My Journey to Heaven is such an uplifting and comforting book. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has lost a loved one. The part of the book that touched me the most was the wondrous sight of so many precious babies that the author caught a glimpse of during his spectacular time spent at Heaven's Gate.

If anyone reading this review has lost a child, please give yourself a gift--and purchase this book. I assure you that you will find comfort knowing that your baby is safely in heaven, and you will hold that child in your arms again someday. For anyone who may be thinking that this cannot be true--perhaps, because your child was aborted, PLEASE know, your baby is safe and alive in heaven. You will be reunited when your earthly mission is over.

The author, Marvin J. Besteman, saw many loved ones and friends during his journey to heaven. I love the way he describes the sights and sounds, and the many details he shares from his experience. I'm thankful he was given the chance to share what he saw and heard while there in front of the gate of heaven.

God is good. God is merciful, and His truth endures to all generations.
on February 4, 2014
We spent July 2013 in Alabama at the Spears Family Reunion. We always come from the farthest distance- Seattle, Washington. It was sad but we found some joy in remembrances of Mama. Mama left us a letter, telling us she couldn't possible live through the loss of another child. Just 5 years prior, the baby of the family, Teresa, passed away suddenly at the age of 42 of unknown causes. On December 20, 2013, my husband's twin called to deliver the shocking news of their eldest brother's death. Raymond was out with his son, Pete, in the Bay of Pensacola. The water was choppy and knocked the boat sideways abruptly, knocking Raymond out of the boat. Despite his son's efforts, Pete wasn't able to save Raymond. He drowned that day. And my husband and I had the enormous task of going back to Alabama to bury yet another Spears. Another loss. Another to miss so very much. Our flight back to Seattle was from Pensacola, Florida, then to Miami and then on to Seattle. A long, killer of a flight to say the least! I NEEDED a book to read. I need help with my grief and supporting my husband's grief. I found this book and it really soothed me and lead me along my path of mourning. It gave me a glimpse of heaven and a reassurance that I will see all those I love again. I encourage anyone who has lost anyone to read it!
on January 4, 2016
I just have to say, I just finished reading this amazing story and have used up numerous tissues.

I have truly been so very blessed to have read this book and would very much recommend it to, well, everyone.

The loss of a child is a heartache and agony I thoroughly understand, and will always live with, but I feel sooo very blessed to know that my little man is very well and so very loved, as are all the babies and children any of us have lost. Honestly though, "lost" is a misnomer, 'cause no one is lost who goes to Heaven. Not a one, especially not these little ones.

Read, enjoy, and be inspired and blessed. 😌
on January 30, 2017
I bought this book Dec 20, 2012. However, just read it Jan 2017. Not sure what attracted me to this book this year yet I can only say it was truly an encouraging and joyful read. I am a Christian and await the day I meet Jesus and my heavenly Father, God Almighty, face-to-face. Thank you to Marv and his wife for sharing this book. It definitely helps me to focus on what really matters - loving like He loves me. Although I was saddened to read Marv passed on shortly after I bought the book, his impact will continue for many years because he was obedient. God bless and enjoy the read.
on March 2, 2014
I cannot know what, exactly, Mr. Besterman experienced. However, I am confident he did, indeed, experience something far outside the realm of what we would call "normal". In other words, I do not think for a minute he made this story up out of whole cloth just to scam people, or sell a book. Nor do I think it was just a dream or some kind of hallucination. He remembers way too much fine detail for him to have just dreamed this in my estimation. People simply don't recall dreams with the kind of precision used to describe this experience.

What DID actually happen to this guy? I don't know.

If God and heaven do exist, and I personally think they do, then I do not find it impossible to believe that God could on certain occasions throughout history give a few very lucky people a glimpse of that reality. People who read the book and dismiss the story because they don't think it jives with the exact biblical description of heaven are missing the point. If in fact God were to show someone a glimpse of heaven, it would then be up to God to decide what He wanted that person to see and experience. What Mr. Besterman claims happened to him is so far beyond our human concepts it is mind boggling, and besides, the bible never gives a blueprint telling us in complete detail what heaven will be like anyway.

So, who might appreciate this book? First, you have to believe in the afterlife, then you have to believe that God might choose to show someone that afterlife if, in fact, it does exist. If you can't accept those two faith-based premises, and they are without a doubt faith-based, then the book is almost assuredly not for you.

Naysayers will doubtlessly relegate this story to the ranks of yet another crackpot Bible-thumper's apologist fairy tale, and sarcastically dismiss the believers as knuckle-dragging, delusional Neanderthals who cannot accept reality, ragging on the book because the author is a Christian, and that alone ought to give one pause.

Often, it is simply assumed that anything that comes out of a professed Christian's mouth or reinforces a Christian world view must be inherently false at best, or shameless propaganda at worst.

But quantum physics is showing us that what we think is "reality" is not always what it seems. I say, let the author tell the tale as he believes it actually transpired. After all, it is HIS personal story. If someone else wants to write about their own similar experience and has an entirely different spiritual take on it, then that is their right as well. In other words, don't just write the guy off because he is a Christian, or just blindly accept everything he has to say for the same reason.

Did the events in this book really occur? Mr. Besterman thinks they did, and he makes a persuasive case that he was not "imagining things". Does that "prove" anything? Nope. The existence of God cannot be proven. Nonetheless, I found the book to be an interesting and entertaining read.
on January 3, 2014
I have been reading a chapter per day of this book to the seniors who join me for "Bible Reading." All of us living in an assisted living facility, and when I heard several residents lamenting the fact they could no longer read their Bibles. I began reading it to them every day -- sometimes twice per day. One of the nurses suggested this book, so I purchased it. All of us know our arrival in heaven is quickly approaching. This book, "My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life," has brought all of us such comfort and peace. I cannot recommend this book as highly as I would like because I am limited to five stars, but it deserves so much more. If you ever wondered what heaven will be like, you need to read this book. You will be filled with such joy. Also, if you have lost a child or any other beloved family member, then you definitely need to read this book.
on December 22, 2014
I would have liked to give this book five stars simply for its sincerity, but I can't. Nevertheless, it's a good read--I've read it twice.

What I liked:

1) It has good structure: logical beginning, middle, and end.
2) He speaks from his heart.
3) His account of Heaven is entirely scriptural.
4) He explains why he wrote the book.
5) He weaves the story of his life throughout his account, which gives context.

What I didn't like:

1) Editing could be better. Some sentences are structured awkwardly, and the editor made silly slips, like using "pour" when it should be "pore."

Regardless, if you have lost a loved one, particularly a child, you will find Mr. Besteman's account of his trip to Heaven very interesting, even comforting.
on March 13, 2014
It took me awhile to get into this book, but I kept coming back! It was the personal story that drew me further and further into the book's pages. I

I am a lifelong Catholic with two degrees in theology and this book resonates with what I know of heaven from Scripture and Catholic teaching over the centuries! Just finished a book discussion of Where to From Here by Brian Grogan and these two works mesh nicely - one the theory and teaching about heaven, the other the personal experience of the heavenly realm!

God's abounding love for us will bring each of us home - somehow - and we will leave that up to God's infinite wisdom!
on July 7, 2014
I just finished My Journey to Heaven, and my eyes are red from the tears I shed, It is a book I believe all should read. It is a personal confirmation of what we all, in some way, always wish for . I have just had another bout of Breast Cancer and I'm not so sure what the Lord has in mind for me, or when I will return to his heavenly home, but reading Journey to Heaven, gave me a sense of peace and the tears were not sad but of the joy I can look forward to . I will see the son who died of cancer at 29 years of age, I will see my mother and father, and to see them smile at me will be such a joy. My best friend in this world will be there with a huge hug. I loved her so much. There has been much sadness in my life, but there has also been happiness. I love my life and I look forward to my final journey to Heaven.