Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 928 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 3, 2012
Book Review: My Journey to Heaven, 2012, non-fiction testimony, by Marvin J. Besteman , e-book edition. Date of review: October 3, 2012

I personally know of individuals (close personal friends) who have come back from out of body experiences, or from death after 30-40 minutes of being pronounced dead. So I find it very easy to accept the personal testimony of author Marvin J. Besteman, who writes of having gone to heaven from his hospital bed and then come back. The way by which he wrote his testimony left me with the final conclusion he did, in fact, personally witness all the things he described. His words appeared to be honest, heartfelt, and candid, albeit this book left me asking questions for which there appears to be no earthly answer this side of Heaven. It was an enormously joyful book to read and an encouragement. How could I not give this book a 5 star rating? I recommend "My Journey to Heaven" to anyone who has lost a child, either by natural causes, or by abortion because the story addresses those subjects with honesty, vision, and candor. God is good all the time and this story addresses that goodness.

Jim E. Reames, Christian author
"Valley of the Dry Bones," 1992
"LaDon's Lost Diamond," 2008
Contributor
"GBA2015", 2012, by Sheriff John A. Turner
"After the Cloud", 2012, by Sheriff John A. Turner
on January 23, 2013
I' m convinced Marv is basking in God's glory up in heaven with all his family who is already there. I've read a lot of books regarding life after death but I can tell you my belief is cast in stone after reading Marv's account! I can hardly wait myself to get there. I just wonder what God's plan is for my life before I go? Thank you God for Marv's story!
on January 8, 2013
This was such a great book and a really easy read. I definately needed kleenex at times. I plan on reading this book again since it is so uplifting. I would recommend this to anyone who has lost someone dear to them.
on January 22, 2016
It was God who had me read this. I was going to save it on my Kindle for later. When it wouldn't go to the cloud I read it. It was the reassurance of what God told me last week. """All I need is him. """Clearly I heard this as I was searching for my phone. Last week I saw an Angel who told me """ Yes, It will be all right.""" Reading this book confirmed that God was speaking to me. My granddaughter (12) Elyssa died and went to Heaven July 31,2015. We had a special bond. I miss her with all my being. I wasn't sure how to go on without her. Now I know, what I really knew all along. She is in a better place and she wouldn't want to come back. Thank You!!!
on December 23, 2014
very disappointed. I was hoping to learn about what to expect in heaven and instead got to read about his family. He may or may not have actually gone to heaven. I will not say he didn't go to heaven. I will say that his visit consisted of standing in one of the doorways to heaven and looking in. He saw friends and family walk by but did not actually speak to any. He only waved to them. He says Peter met him and looked in the book of life and did not see his name "yet". He describes the beautiful colors and how everyone looked so healthy. I have now told you everything he actually tells you about heaven. Please don't waste your money if you are trying to learn more about what will eventually be your new home.
on July 23, 2016
WOW! This book was so good. It was the best I have ever read on this subject. Marvin J Besteman, was truly a spiritual gifted man. I felt his story as I read each chapter from beginning to end. He made me feel like I was there with him seeing all of the wonderful, glory, and beautiful gates of heaven. It will uplift your spirit as you think of your love ones who are now in Heaven. I have read many many books, this one was he best for me. I came across this book after losing my mother, last year.

I highly recommend this book.
on January 3, 2014
I have been reading a chapter per day of this book to the seniors who join me for "Bible Reading." All of us living in an assisted living facility, and when I heard several residents lamenting the fact they could no longer read their Bibles. I began reading it to them every day -- sometimes twice per day. One of the nurses suggested this book, so I purchased it. All of us know our arrival in heaven is quickly approaching. This book, "My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life," has brought all of us such comfort and peace. I cannot recommend this book as highly as I would like because I am limited to five stars, but it deserves so much more. If you ever wondered what heaven will be like, you need to read this book. You will be filled with such joy. Also, if you have lost a child or any other beloved family member, then you definitely need to read this book.
on February 17, 2013
I wasn't in love with the writing style, so that affects my rating. I'm a Christian, but when I finished this book I was not convinced his trip wasn't drug induced. It's just an intuition I felt. It had some really shallow places in it that I felt like a non-believer could have made up. I personally had an experience during surgery three years ago that was VERY real to me. I was all of a sudden in the arms of Jesus, looking up at Him, and it was like no other feeling of peace and love and total security I've ever experienced. I wanted to stay there forever! All my earthly problems were totally gone. It was just a flash. I learned later my b/p had dropped dramatically at some point. I heard the commotion, I heard somebody at my head rapidly counting backwards from 40 down into the low 30's, and I remember that person saying, "I need help over here--NOW!" Is that when my experience with Jesus happened? I don't know. I'll never know. It seemed very real. I'm just not convinced we're supposed to see heaven before we die....but I won't deny the possibility.
on March 13, 2014
It took me awhile to get into this book, but I kept coming back! It was the personal story that drew me further and further into the book's pages. I

I am a lifelong Catholic with two degrees in theology and this book resonates with what I know of heaven from Scripture and Catholic teaching over the centuries! Just finished a book discussion of Where to From Here by Brian Grogan and these two works mesh nicely - one the theory and teaching about heaven, the other the personal experience of the heavenly realm!

God's abounding love for us will bring each of us home - somehow - and we will leave that up to God's infinite wisdom!
on May 28, 2014
I recently lost my dog then my mother just a year later. They were the two greatest loves of my life. I was so downtrodden and heartbroken, angry at the doctors for screwing up her medical care I screamed and cried for days on end. I knew her time was near, but I wasn't ready for her to depart sooner than I thought she would. Towards the end she was really suffering and reflecting back on those days, it nearly killed me. I was searching on Amazon for something that would help ease the pain of her death and I came across this book. I have to say, as a well educated woman with a law degree and skeptical personality, this books TRULY PUT ME AT EASE with my mother's death. I know now after reading this wonderful book, that she is okay and no longer suffering and doing better than the rest of us down here!! Thank you Marv for sharing this experience with me. You really helped me. I also no longer fear death after reading this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.