Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 29, 2016
One of the most real and believable accounts of heaven I have read. Makes the transition from here to there so much more tangible. I am a believer a know there is heaven. I believe Marv is there and I will see him when I get there . I'm glad God sent him back to tell others about heaven and give them encouragement. I highly recommend this book to those who need encouragement or may have lost someone they love and are having a hard time. Great and inspiring read!
on January 4, 2016
I just have to say, I just finished reading this amazing story and have used up numerous tissues.

I have truly been so very blessed to have read this book and would very much recommend it to, well, everyone.

The loss of a child is a heartache and agony I thoroughly understand, and will always live with, but I feel sooo very blessed to know that my little man is very well and so very loved, as are all the babies and children any of us have lost. Honestly though, "lost" is a misnomer, 'cause no one is lost who goes to Heaven. Not a one, especially not these little ones.

Read, enjoy, and be inspired and blessed. 😌
on January 30, 2017
I bought this book Dec 20, 2012. However, just read it Jan 2017. Not sure what attracted me to this book this year yet I can only say it was truly an encouraging and joyful read. I am a Christian and await the day I meet Jesus and my heavenly Father, God Almighty, face-to-face. Thank you to Marv and his wife for sharing this book. It definitely helps me to focus on what really matters - loving like He loves me. Although I was saddened to read Marv passed on shortly after I bought the book, his impact will continue for many years because he was obedient. God bless and enjoy the read.
on September 16, 2012
I found this book a compelling read...who doesn't want to know what Heaven is like. We have all heard that those who go through the light don't want to come back.
Marvin Besteman, a stubborn Dutchman as he calls himself, was just operated on for a pancreatic tumor. He was in such pain the night after the surgery, and all of a sudden he felt himself floating free. No tubes, needles! For months after this experience he doesn't tell anyone.
The first person is his wife Ruth, and when she asked him if he had thought of her, he told her no. Was she disappointed? I think what happened was it was all so wonderful, that he didn't have time to think of anyone. What he describes is so very very wonderful, no wonder he didn't want to return.
I have recently lost my Husband, this book really touched my heart, and gave me a lot of peace. Marvin describes in detail the babies...lots and lots of them. In all stages of development from a few week old fetus to a full term. I have also lost a 77 day old infant, and to hear that they were all happy and laying on grass ...softer than any blanket. He said he didn't see anyone taking care of them, but knew some how they were all fine.
The colors he describes, the gates, the stone walls, and the throne. I could see it all through his eyes.
I will pass this book on for others to read, and I'm so glad I was given this opportunity to absorb all that is presented.
Of course I wanted more, and would have loved to sit down and speak personally with Marvin, but now it can never by. He did leave again and Saint Peter opened the gate earlier this year.

I received this book from the publisher Revell, and was not required to give a positive review.
22 comments| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
I would have liked to give this book five stars simply for its sincerity, but I can't. Nevertheless, it's a good read--I've read it twice.

What I liked:

1) It has good structure: logical beginning, middle, and end.
2) He speaks from his heart.
3) His account of Heaven is entirely scriptural.
4) He explains why he wrote the book.
5) He weaves the story of his life throughout his account, which gives context.

What I didn't like:

1) Editing could be better. Some sentences are structured awkwardly, and the editor made silly slips, like using "pour" when it should be "pore."

Regardless, if you have lost a loved one, particularly a child, you will find Mr. Besteman's account of his trip to Heaven very interesting, even comforting.
on March 13, 2014
It took me awhile to get into this book, but I kept coming back! It was the personal story that drew me further and further into the book's pages. I

I am a lifelong Catholic with two degrees in theology and this book resonates with what I know of heaven from Scripture and Catholic teaching over the centuries! Just finished a book discussion of Where to From Here by Brian Grogan and these two works mesh nicely - one the theory and teaching about heaven, the other the personal experience of the heavenly realm!

God's abounding love for us will bring each of us home - somehow - and we will leave that up to God's infinite wisdom!
on July 7, 2014
I just finished My Journey to Heaven, and my eyes are red from the tears I shed, It is a book I believe all should read. It is a personal confirmation of what we all, in some way, always wish for . I have just had another bout of Breast Cancer and I'm not so sure what the Lord has in mind for me, or when I will return to his heavenly home, but reading Journey to Heaven, gave me a sense of peace and the tears were not sad but of the joy I can look forward to . I will see the son who died of cancer at 29 years of age, I will see my mother and father, and to see them smile at me will be such a joy. My best friend in this world will be there with a huge hug. I loved her so much. There has been much sadness in my life, but there has also been happiness. I love my life and I look forward to my final journey to Heaven.
on July 5, 2015
I SO enjoyed this book. It helped me have some peace after losing my sweet mother in which I helped my sister take care of for 26 years. She was a very special, loving and caring mother who's smile not only on her face but in her eyes would light up a room. She had a massive stroke at the age of 36 and many after that. She had very little speech for 32 years but her smile spoke volumes. God showed us his miracles through her in those 32 years with all she had gone through. Only given 10% chance to live, on many occasions, but He had other plans for her. Seeing all she would go through and still be smiling and never complaining and always loving Jesus. Our God is an awesome God. Thank you for this book. It gives me comfort in knowing she is, walking on her own, smiling, talking non stop, I'm sure....brings tears to my eyes. Peace to my heart. Thanks again for sharing your visit to the gates.
on December 6, 2015
Thank you for this beautiful book, Mr. Besteman. I've read many books on this topic, and I was skeptical at some of Mr. Besteman's claims at first. Some details seemed out of synch with many otter near death accounts I've read. However this story is written with such warmth and sincerity, it won me over, and I believe the author experienced everything as he described it. It was hard to read the ending and not think there truly was a Divine Plan for this book.
on February 2, 2016
I recently discovered this book after my nine year old grandson passed away this past August (2015). I am still grieving and in need of God's comfort. I found this book a blessing to read. I look forward to my glorious reunion with him and many other loved ones I miss so much, including my dad who poured his faith in Jesus Christ into me and everyone else he met. This book will make you long for that glorious day!