Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on October 24, 2014
My Mommy and I is a book that describes some of the things that a mother and toddler might do together and how their lives are connected at the heart. This is a Christian book so it does include praising and thanking God for the good in their lives. The book is ok, but I just wish it included a greater variety of things like its companion daddy book did. After reading both the daddy and mommy books, frankly dads sound far more fun and interesting to hand out with. I mean the books say its the dads that play with puppies, build snowmen, paint, make up fanciful stories, etc. Moms just take you to the park... Overall the book is fine, it just doesn't describe what I do with my toddler or who I am as a mother... frankly I was underwhelmed by the book.

If you want a matching set for mom and dad, I actually prefer "Thank You God for Mommy" and its daddy companion book by Amy Parker. There is not as many specific tasks listed, which means moms and dads are not so boxed in. Plus, the mommy book has equal weighting so neither the dad nor mom is elevated above the other as more fun/interesting.
on June 30, 2017
P.K. Hallinanan's books are very sweet, positive, and encouraging to little ones. The illustrations are incredibly lovely and innocent, and the rhymes are catchy and fun to re-read. They promote very positive values to kids, like doing good to others, and helping one another. Beautiful messages flow through the rhythm of these short, yet sturdy books.
on February 7, 2014
I bought this book as a companion to "My Daddy and Me" without having read it previously. It really is a darling book, well written, easily understood by my grandchild who is 18 months old. It does focus, however, on the single parent experience with Mommy pretty much taking care of everything. So, from that angle, and if that is the child's dynamic it is an excellent book. I had been hoping for a more balanced counterpart however to "My Daddy and Me". It is also a bit longer than the other book so younger children don't sit quite as still to listen to the entire reading. Otherwise, a very very good book.
on August 8, 2016
Another sweet rhyme story from P.K.H. Easy to read to a young toddler
on June 26, 2014
I bought this book to read with my 2-year old at bedtime. He loves it and I enjoy reading it with him. The only thing I didn't realize before buying it (and maybe it's in the description somewhere) is that it references going to church and prayer. We aren't a church going family but I also don't mind the references in the book. It's just good to know if it is an issue for anyone else.
on April 22, 2017
My two year old loves this one and the my daddy and I. He is able to follow along and associate with the words in the story.
on September 5, 2013
Purchased this for my son's Valentine's gift and we love reading it together. Picked up the "My Daddy and I" as well and they're very cute little stories
on November 17, 2016
Cute book.
on January 16, 2014
This is the third book of PK Hallinan's we have bought and greatly in enjoy all of them as does our child. They are a very easy read and touching story that relates both to the parent and child and sets a great example.
on August 16, 2013
great rhyming and cute illustrations! highly recommended for all mommies. i buy this book for every new mom I know because I feel it is a great bedtime read for small children