Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
My Mouth Is a Volcano! Paperback – January 1, 2006
"Rebound" by Kwame Alexander
Don't miss best-selling author Kwame Alexander's "Rebound," a new companion novel to his Newbery Award-winner, "The Crossover,"" illustrated with striking graphic novel panels. Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Â"Winner of the Association of Educational Publisher's 2006 Distinguished Achievement Award for ChildrenÂs Books in Graphic Design & IllustrationÂ" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap
All of Louis' thoughts are very important to him. In fact, his thoughts are so important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts, or interrupts others. His mouth is a volcano! --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a list of a few of my personal favorites age range about 4-8
Helping kids about making good choices:
• That Rule Doesn't Apply to Me! (Responsible Me!)
• But It's Not My Fault! (Responsible Me!)
• What Were You Thinking? Learning to Control Your Impulses (Executive Function)
• My Mouth Is a Volcano! (talking over/interrupting people)
• What If Everybody Did That? (environmental awareness)
• LarryBoy and the Foolish Fig from Faraway (making good choices when friends aren’t)
• The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect (talking nice to others)
• The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores
• Squirmy Wormy: How I Learned to Help Myself (more autism focused)
• God, I Need to Talk to You about…. Series (very short and to the point! from child’s point of view)
Lying, Bad Manners, Whining, Laziness, Sharing, Stealing, My Bad Temper, Paying Attention, Hurting Others, Disrespect, Greed, vandalism, bad words, being a bad sport, video games, bullying, cheating, homework, healthy eating.
Helping kids handle their anger:
• Mad Isn't Bad: A Child's Book about Anger (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
• I Just Don't Like the Sound of No! My Story About Accepting No for an Answer and Disagreeing the Right Way! (Best Me I Can Be) (WE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!)
• Angry Octopus: An Anger Management Story
Helping Kids keep themselves safe: In all reality we aren’t always around to keep our kids safe, but we can give them the tools they need to handle themselves if a situation arises.
• A Little Book About Safety (teaches kids exactly what to do in case they get lost) (WE LOVE THIS BOOK!! Perfect for 3-5yr olds, special needs children, ALL CHILDREN)
Please read these books before reading them to your child ensure they are age/maturity level appropriate. I chose just a few pages here or there when my son was 4 as a preventative measure.
• An Exceptional Children's Guide to Touch: Teaching Social and Physical Boundaries to Kids (Good book to help discuss a difficult topic! I have passed this book around to many friends! Awareness is key to Prevention)
• I Said No! A kid-to-kid guide to keeping your private parts private
• My Body Belongs to Me
Helping kids Learn about God and teaching good Morals to live by (VeggieTales)
• Every Day with God: 365 Daily Devos for Boys
• Growing Day by Day: 365 Daily Devos for Boys
Helping Kids learn responsibility with money:
• Junior's Adventures: the Boxed Set
• The Berenstain Bears' Dollars and Sense
• Financial Peace Junior
Parent books: I have read over 30 books and these are the ones I liked
• Raising Boys With ADHD: Secrets for Parenting Healthy, Happy Sons (LOVE this book, great resources. I have been using it for 3 years now. It is categorized by age and the challenges that come with that age)
• Parenting Children with ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach (APA Lifetools)
• Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money
• Driven to distraction
• The strong willed child
• Parenting isn’t for cowards (I just started reading but seem good so far)