- Age Range: 5 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 3
- Lexile Measure: 600 (What's this?)
- Paperback: 32 pages
- Publisher: National Center for Youth Issues; 1 edition (January 1, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1931636850
- ISBN-13: 978-1931636858
- Product Dimensions: 0.2 x 8.8 x 7.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 543 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#23 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Social Skills
- #1 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Manners
- #2 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Emotions & Feelings
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
My Mouth Is a Volcano! Paperback – January 1, 2006
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Â"Winner of the Association of Educational Publisher's 2006 Distinguished Achievement Award for ChildrenÂs Books in Graphic Design & IllustrationÂ" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
My Mouth is a Volcano Helping Kids manage their thoughts and words without interrupting.
Louis always interrupts! All of his thoughts are very important to him and when he has something to say, his words rumble and grumble in his tummy, they wiggle and jiggle on his tongue, and press firmly against his teeth, right before he ERUPTS ( or interrupts). His mouth is a volcano! But when others begin to interrupt Louis, he learns how to respectfully wait for his turn to talk.
My Mouth Is A Volcano takes an empathetic approach to the habit of interrupting and teaches children a witty technique to help them manage their rambunctious thoughts and words. Told from Louis perspective, this story provides parents, teachers, and counselors with an entertaining way to teach children the value of respecting others by listening and waiting for their turn to speak. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
This is a list of a few of my personal favorites age range about 4-8
Helping kids about making good choices:
• That Rule Doesn't Apply to Me! (Responsible Me!)
• But It's Not My Fault! (Responsible Me!)
• What Were You Thinking? Learning to Control Your Impulses (Executive Function)
• My Mouth Is a Volcano! (talking over/interrupting people)
• What If Everybody Did That? (environmental awareness)
• LarryBoy and the Foolish Fig from Faraway (making good choices when friends aren’t)
• The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect (talking nice to others)
• The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores
• Squirmy Wormy: How I Learned to Help Myself (more autism focused)
• God, I Need to Talk to You about…. Series (very short and to the point! from child’s point of view)
Lying, Bad Manners, Whining, Laziness, Sharing, Stealing, My Bad Temper, Paying Attention, Hurting Others, Disrespect, Greed, vandalism, bad words, being a bad sport, video games, bullying, cheating, homework, healthy eating.
Helping kids handle their anger:
• Mad Isn't Bad: A Child's Book about Anger (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
• I Just Don't Like the Sound of No! My Story About Accepting No for an Answer and Disagreeing the Right Way! (Best Me I Can Be) (WE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!)
• Angry Octopus: An Anger Management Story
Helping Kids keep themselves safe: In all reality we aren’t always around to keep our kids safe, but we can give them the tools they need to handle themselves if a situation arises.
• A Little Book About Safety (teaches kids exactly what to do in case they get lost) (WE LOVE THIS BOOK!! Perfect for 3-5yr olds, special needs children, ALL CHILDREN)
Please read these books before reading them to your child ensure they are age/maturity level appropriate. I chose just a few pages here or there when my son was 4 as a preventative measure.
• An Exceptional Children's Guide to Touch: Teaching Social and Physical Boundaries to Kids (Good book to help discuss a difficult topic! I have passed this book around to many friends! Awareness is key to Prevention)
• I Said No! A kid-to-kid guide to keeping your private parts private
• My Body Belongs to Me
Helping kids Learn about God and teaching good Morals to live by (VeggieTales)
• Every Day with God: 365 Daily Devos for Boys
• Growing Day by Day: 365 Daily Devos for Boys
Helping Kids learn responsibility with money:
• Junior's Adventures: the Boxed Set
• The Berenstain Bears' Dollars and Sense
• Financial Peace Junior
Parent books: I have read over 30 books and these are the ones I liked
• Raising Boys With ADHD: Secrets for Parenting Healthy, Happy Sons (LOVE this book, great resources. I have been using it for 3 years now. It is categorized by age and the challenges that come with that age)
• Parenting Children with ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach (APA Lifetools)
• Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money
• Driven to distraction
• The strong willed child
• Parenting isn’t for cowards (I just started reading but seem good so far)