- File Size: 1072 KB
- Print Length: 270 pages
- Publisher: Gaon Books (January 7, 2013)
- Publication Date: January 7, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AY6K7C6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,170,936 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
My New Middle East: Inside the Israeli Conundrum Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
He readily examines uncomfortable truths, and calls out israeli political figures, the IDF, and the North american Jewish diaspora on their negligence and errors in judgement and action. The reader is also drawn in on a personal level as Mati shares his own ethical struggles and personal growth, beginning with his decision to make aliyah and move to Israel from the United States, and concluding with a drive with a close Palistinian friend through his childhood neighbourhood in Ramallah, in the West Bank. A necessary read offering hard-to come by insights for all who are not afraid to challenge their own beliefs and add depth to their understanding of this complex situation.
Mati Milstein's dispatches, based on his own experience and his constant quest to understand the conflict himself, are clear, descriptive, direct and honest.
He paints a picture of the region which, as he says in his introduction, is neither white nor black, but gray.
What spoils the reading of this book are the numerous grammatical error (e.g.,"who" instead of "whom" and vice versa), misspelling of Hebrew words (e.g., 'Mifaked' should be M'faked, 'Chevre Kadisha' should be 'Chevra Kadisha'). A second edition - if contemplated by the publisher - needs serious editing.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Middle East > Israel & Palestine
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > Middle Eastern
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Commentary & Opinion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Middle East > Israel