|Print List Price:||$24.99|
Save $20.00 (80%)
Random House LLC
Price set by seller.
My Pantry: Homemade Ingredients That Make Simple Meals Your Own Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The really big bonus of this book (it's not really a "cookbook") are Ms. Waters musings about how to pull the various ingredients in your panty together for a delicious, nutritious and rather quick meal. She is really teaching the reader the skill of combining a variety of things together for something tasty and that is the true art of cooking. Anyone can follow a recipe and achieve measured results, but to be able to stand in front of an open refrigerator and cupboard and know how to effortlessly pull a meal together, that takes practice, know-how and skill - all of which you can garner by applying Ms. Waters' knowledge beautifully detailed in this book. After reading this, you'll completely understand why Chez Panisse continues to be one of the most highly regarded restaurants for 40+ years.
The recipes and text are both very straightforward- not at ALL fussy!- but complete, and all of them have exciting variations both in making them and in ways to serve them. Almost all of them can be done with minimal kitchen equipment, and they're designed for lasting- I think the shortest-lived ones would last maybe a week, refrigerated, but much last far longer.
It's definitely worth reading all the text rather than just diving into the recipes. Waters's thoughtful context makes the recipes themselves even more exciting.
Very recommended indeed for cooks who like some straightforward DIY that allows us to bring unique flavors to even simple dishes, made with excellent ingredients.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Canning & Preserving
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking Methods > Organic
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking by Ingredient > Natural Foods
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Entertaining & Holidays > Seasonal
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Quick & Easy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > U.S. Regional
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Canning & Preserving
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Natural Foods
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Quick & Easy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > U.S. Regional
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Occasions > Seasonal