Top critical review
85 people found this helpful
My Pillow: the good, the bad, and the ugly
on January 14, 2017
I received "My Pillow" from my parents this Christmas and have been using it now for a few weeks. Both of my parents have had My Pillows for over a year, and they are both reasonably satisfied with their pillows. I however, am not terribly satisfied... here's why:
- The pillow is washable. In fact, the manufacturer recommends you wash it every couple of months.
- The pillow will be comfortable to most people. Mine was overstuffed for my liking, so I removed about 6 handfuls of foam (looking back I wish I'd only removed about 4).
- These are made in the USA.
- The pillow felt terribly overstuffed at first. My parents kept telling me that it would diminish in size after a few nights, but that never happened.
- The materials are cheap and certainly not revolutionary. The inner foam is cheap polyurethane (invented in the 1930's) that has been cut into bits. I estimate that the materials only cost about $1.25 - $3.50 to make a single pillow... I have no idea how much their labor costs are.
- These pillows are sold at wildly fluctuating prices depending on where you choose to buy it. At the time of this review they're selling for $50 here on Amazon, but for $90 on the My Pillow website and various other outlets.
- All that advertising that Mike Lindell does is extremely expensive. He's on TV, radio, and even Pandora - that costs a lot! You, the consumer, are not paying for a revolutionary pillow - you're paying for all that expensive advertising.
- As of the time of this review the BBB had revoked My Pillow's rating and given them an "F" due to false advertising, consumer complaints, and other bad business practices.