Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 170 reviews
on May 20, 2015
I first got into PostSecret when I was in High School. It reached out to me in a way that angsty teenagers can appreciate. I was feeling lonely, ostracized by my peers, frustrated with the system, and just down right rebellious. I purchased this book in 2007, and I still take if off the shelf from time to time. This book has followed me from both High School and College graduations, across 5 moves (and counting), and will likely continue to follow me throughout my life. It is inspiring, beautiful, moving, empowering, and depressing. It is a constant reminder that people have gone through worse and weirder than I have, and that there are even people that share some of my secrets.

I purchased this book and the "Secret Lives of Men and Women" book at the same time, and they have both been on my bookshelves for years. I come back to them when I'm feeling a certain kind of way, and sometimes I reap a cathartic experience or inspiration out of them. Sometimes they sadden me, and I may even feel strongly enough to get a bit weepy. Other times they inspire me. In poetry, in writing, in my life.

And even though I no longer religiously check the PostSecret website like I once did 5 years ago, the fact that these books are on my shelf brings me some comfort. Comfort in sadness, maybe, but it's something.
on July 16, 2016
I cannot say enough good for these books. Letting thousands of people in on your own, very personal secrets, is something most people would never consider, but being able to read some of these is not only highly interesting, it's almost comforting. Being able to see that you're not the only person in the world with "deep, dark secrets" helps you realize just how much more alike we all really are. This book shows no color, background, socioeconomic standing, political preferences, etc, which I think, helps us all gather in a sort of unity. The reader is able to see that everyone has demons, no matter who they may be, or where they may come from.
Post Secret is a great way to let people present their most trying tribulations in a way that is somewhat unique. It could even be argued that psychology, for all its cure-alls, doesn't take full advantage of newer technologies and places like Post Secret really show how much of a person can be wrapped up in an unexpressed sigh. When you think of stress being the #1 killer in the United States and the "unknown" pieces to that puzzle including ideas like secrets, it makes you wonder how much a simple idea really weighs.
In that right, the idea isn't so simple anymore.

In the Post Secret books, the author/web creator takes what he things are the most relevant pieces from the site and compiles them for everyone to see. Its a good effort, too, and one that deserves to be commended. The problem is that this book, unlike the first one, doesn't really have the scope or depth to present all the problems people experience. It is, in fact, more of a young adult reader, taking problems like not fitting in or not feeling pretty and pushing them ahead of problems like finding stamps and a letter in the attic and remembering how you should have written your grandmother before she died. That's not to say that the problems don't have something to say or an audience to address because they do. When reading them I found myself tearing up on some pages, wondering how terrible some of those experiences were. The thing is that the same problems keep occurring, not really giving you the full scope of what the sight accomplishes.
While this isn't what I would call "a failing," I would consider it a blemish and perhaps something to remedy in the coming additions.

For anyone that hasn't read a Post Secret book, they can really make you stop and think about the pain existing in the world. If you have a chance you should pick up the first book and then progress forward, actually bearing the weight of the confessions and seeing what people endure. As a bystander it is amazing to see what people need to say and, as someone who has added to the fray, it works as a remedy for many of the things that ail you.
It comes recommended, albeit less than the first book, with a comment that says that you should really check out the website as well.
on January 12, 2017
Post secret is probably one of the best creations out there. People mail in their secrets on postcards and they get posted to the website every Sunday. However they've come out with these cool books of secrets that A) never get posted, or B) old secrets.
on January 6, 2015
I absolutely LOVED Post Secret and used to read it on a weekly basis, but time got away from me and I stopped. :( However, this book gives you some of the best, and it is a great read! It is fascinating to read other people's anonymous thoughts right there in a book, never knowing who actually sent them in. It makes me wonder if any of those I read are people I know, as some hit quite close to home! Great read, and I definitely recommend it!
on January 9, 2007
I heard about PostSecret via the news and web. After having purchased and read the first book, I was basically chomping at the bit to get the 2nd. I was so happy with this book. I pre-purchased and received it basically the day or the day after it was released. Amazon.com was awesome throughout that process.

Once I got the book, I couldn't put it down. I sat and read through each one of the secrets. I just absolutely felt so great after I read it. I can feel for all the people who have sent in their secrets and congratulate them on being able to get them out. Even though they are anonymous, it's still hard because you always think that people think it is you, and only you know it is.

I hope there are many, many more of these books from Frank Warren. His project is something that will be remembered throughout the ages. Thank you Frank!
on January 31, 2016
What is there not to love about Post Secret books? I have included Post Secret books in my coffee table collection as they provide wonderful reading and opportunities for discussion with guests. As always, shipping and product description were as expected! Thanks!
on November 5, 2015
I love these books! The postcards and notes in them are so real and raw! :)
I love reading them and relating to a lot of them!
on May 28, 2013
I'd heard of PostSecret and took one of the books from the library. Reading these books provides a unique opportunity to learn the deepest thoughts and feeling of those posting. One feels sometimes a sense of the universality of human feelings and experience, and sometimes surprise and even shock and the diversity of experience and emotions of human beings!
on November 12, 2006
I continue to be incredibly moved by the simplicity and beauty of this concept: write your deepest, darkest secret on a postcard and mail it away. A moment of catharsis for the price of a stamp.

Add to that the effort so many people make to create a moving image on their postcards. Here is where the secret reaches outward to draw in a reader and let the pain be shared.

Perhaps, in time, this concept will grow old and stale. Perhaps, in time, we will need to find a new way to be saved and moved. For now, I look at the post secret website every week and I dip into this book (and its predecessor) from time to time with emotion I cannot even describe.