Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on October 6, 2013
This is a story of unconditional love. Dr.Medhus courageously shares her journey of having to make sense of why bad things happen to good people. She rebuilds her life by helping others. There are two stories here, Dr. Medhus' journey to her new normal and the wonder of Erik's insight into human suffering. I read it with wonder and gratitude.
on October 21, 2013
I have been curious about spirit, the afterlife, psychics/mediums etc. all of my adult life. Started reading Shirley McClain's (sp) books way back when. This curiosity increased as my family members started to die off...my father, my grandmother, my mother, and most recently and only two months apart my sister and my brother. I always felt that we were reincarnated, even as a child, but didn't know what to do with that"thought".I was raised Christian but church was not a huge priority growing up.

Elisa Medhus's book has helped me "connect the dots" about the afterlife. The information has comforted and reassured me about my family members who have crossed over and given me some tools for my own life and future. This book and Erik's insights have helped me to understand about the struggles we all have in life and he does it with profound insight and (my favorite)hilariously appropriate "cussing"! So, if you are very sensitive to profanity you might want to....ahh heck read it anyway!!

I highly recommend this book. I am giving it to my friends/family for Christmas (if they want it or not).
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 9, 2014
We lost our nineteen year-old son five years ago to an auto accident and like Elisa Medhus M.D., I searched high and low for answers. This book gave me so much comfort, and added to my nearly absolute faith in the reality of the 'other side'. Written with the help of two 'translators', or mediums as most people would call them, Dr. Medhus asks the questions all of us who've lost loved ones want to know. In fact, she goes way beyond just where are those who pass over?

Divided into seconds by way of subject, to create a fascinating look at where we go when we die. Here's what I understood from the book; we are spirits first and foremost, holograms of our Creator who loves us and gives us total free will to do literally anything we want. We can create heaven or hell, and anything in-between, to learn lessons on how to love unconditionally. In fact, learning to love unconditionally is why we come to the material world.

Once here we can't remember who we we really are, so we have to search out meaning and then remember. As Erik explains, we learn as spirits, and then do the lab work down on earth. We can read all about brownies, but actually making them and eating them, gives us true insight into what a brownie really is.

Erik also points out that we don't really spend our time wisely on Earth. We should be exploring who and what we really are so that we can get on with developing and growing our souls. I've read this same idea countless times, and in fact, there wasn't really much that Erik said that I hadn't read in other books so it definitely had the 'ring of truth'. What I did learn from this book is that when a spirit moves through us, it can make us yawn, or sneeze as if our body 'knows' something happened, while our mind is blissfully unaware.

I also learned from Erik is that spirits have to learn to communicate with those of us still on Earth. They have to slow their energy down to meet ours and that it's like we're hardly moving in comparison to their rate of speed. They can be with us hours that only seem like minutes to us. He also said that some spirits are so busy that they forget to contact their loved ones on Earth, or maybe they have no reason to if their experience was less than happy(this is my musing, not Erik's).

The relationship between Erik and his mother is sweet, and pretty amazing. If his mother hadn't loved him so much, I wonder if contact could have been made so easily. This is by far the best book I've read on the subject and it's very comforting. I'd recommend it whole-heartedly to anyone who's lost a loved one. You can practically feel the love coming off the pages, and of course Erik's wit and wisdom.

After reading this book, I too will continue my search for communication with my son, with a follow-up book to 'It's Like Here Only Better', which goes along with everything that Erik said in this book. And I'll follow Erik's blog from now on.
on June 27, 2017
Great Story About Eriks Life & Biography of the Afterlife & A Whole lot More :) x x ❤️⭐️✨😍👍🏻😎💞💟🇦🇺🌎🌍🌏✅Thank you very much to Erik Medhus & Elisa Medhus MD & All the Talented and Highly Spirtual Mediums For Channeling Erik & the Books 📚 & Getting his Story Out there for People to Listen and to Learn From With This Superior Knowledge We Have Endless Possiblities about the meaning of Life & what awaits us All & our Fate & Destiny :) x x ❤️🌎🌏🌍😎✨👍🏻😍💞💫⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🦄🐚🐉🐲⚜️🎶🐾👣👁👀👂🙌🤘☠️👽😻😎😇🕰💡✝️✡️☯️💟☮️📝📖📰🗞📑📄📃📜🗳📦🏷🗄🗃📇💌📩📮📭📬📫📪⚖️⏳⌛️📡🔦💸💵💴💶💷💰💳🔧🔨⚒🛠⛏🔩⚙️⛓🔭🔬📿⚱️🏺🔑🗝🚪⚱️🏺🔮🚬⚰️🎤🎧🎼🎹🥁🎷🎺🎸🎻🌲🌳🌴🌱🌿🎄🌵🍃🎋🎍☘️🍀🍂🍁🍄🌾💐🌷🌹🥀🌻🌼🌸🌺🌞🌜🌕🌛⚡️☀️🌤⛅️🌥🌦🌈☁️🌧⛈🌩🌨☃️⛄️❄️🌬💨🌪🌫🌊💧💦☔️☂️🌞🌝🌚🌔🌓🌒🌑🌘🌗🌖🌕🌏🌍🌎🎏🎎🌡💉💊🕳🔭🔬⛲️🗽⚓️🏰🗺🗿🏯🛰🚀🛩🎭🎨🍾🍹🍸🥃🍷🥂🍻🍺🎂🍰🍦🍟🍔🍤🥞🥓🍳🥚🧀🥖🍞🥐🍯🥜🌰🍠🥔🌶🌽🥕🥒🍆🍅🥑🥝🍍🍑🍒🍈🍓🍇🍉🍌🍋🍊🍐🍎🍏🕶👓💼👑🎓🎩👒👟👞👢👡👠👘👙👗👔👖👕👚💍💋💜💙💚💛❤️🖤💔❣️💕💞💓💗💖💘💝🔐🎚🎙📺📠📞🎞📽🎥📹📸📷📼📀💿💾💽🗜🕹🖨🖥⌨️💻📲📱⌚️🛣🌋⛰🗻🏔🚉🚊🚔🚜🚚🚛🏎🚒🚑🚎🚌🚙🚕🚗🍱🐿🐀🐁🐇🕊🦃🐓🐈🐩🐕🐑🐏🐐🐖🐎🦍🦏🐘🐫🐪🦌🐄🐂🐃🐅🐆🐊🐋🐳🦈🐬🐡🐟🐠🦐🐙🦑🦀🦂🦎🐍🐢🕷🕸🐜🐞🐚🐌🦋🐛🐝🐴🐗🐺🦇🦉🦅🦆🐥🐣🐤🐦🐧🐔🐒🙊🙉🙈🐵🐸🐽🐷🐮🦁🐯🐨🐼🐻🦊🐰🐹🐭🐱🐶🌂🏳🏴🏁🚩🏳️‍🌈🇦🇫🇦🇽🇦🇱🇩🇿🇦🇸🇦🇩🇦🇴🇦🇮🇦🇶🇦🇬🇦🇷🇦🇲🇦🇼🇦🇺🇦🇹🇦🇿🇧🇸🇧🇭🇧🇩🇧🇧🇧🇾🇧🇪🇧🇿🇧🇯🇧🇲🇧🇹🇧🇴🇧🇦🇧🇼🇧🇷🇮🇴🇻🇬🇧🇳🇧🇬🇧🇫🇧🇮🇰🇭🇨🇲🇨🇦🇮🇨🇨🇻🇧🇶🇰🇾🇨🇫🇹🇩🇨🇱🇨🇳🇨🇽🇨🇨🇨🇴🇰🇲🇨🇬🇨🇩🇨🇰🇨🇷🇨🇮🇭🇷🇨🇺🇨🇼🇨🇾🇨🇿🇩🇰🇩🇯🇩🇲🇩🇴🇪🇨🇪🇬🇸🇻🇬🇶🇪🇷🇪🇪🇪🇹🇪🇺🇫🇰🇫🇴🇫🇯🇫🇮🇫🇷🇬🇫🇵🇫🇹🇫🇬🇦🇬🇲🇬🇪🇩🇪🇬🇭🇬🇮🇬🇷🇬🇱🇬🇩🇬🇵🇬🇺🇬🇹🇬🇬🇬🇳🇬🇼🇬🇾🇭🇹🇭🇳🇭🇰🇭🇺🇮🇸🇮🇳🇮🇩🇮🇷🇮🇶🇮🇪🇮🇲🇮🇱🇮🇹🇯🇲🇯🇵🎌🇯🇪🇯🇴🇰🇿🇰🇪🇰🇮🇽🇰🇰🇼🇰🇬🇱🇦🇱🇻🇱🇧🇱🇸🇱🇷🇱🇾🇱🇮🇱🇹🇱🇺🇲🇴🇲🇰🇲🇬🇲🇼🇲🇾🇲🇻🇲🇱🇲🇹🇲🇭🇲🇶🇲🇷🇲🇺🇾🇹🇲🇽🇫🇲🇲🇩🇲🇨🇲🇳🇲🇪🇲🇸🇲🇦🇲🇿🇲🇲🇳🇦🇳🇷🇳🇵🇳🇱🇳🇨🇳🇿🇳🇮🇳🇪🇳🇬🇳🇺🇳🇫🇰🇵🇲🇵🇳🇴🇴🇲🇵🇰🇵🇼🇵🇸🇵🇦🇵🇬🇵🇾🇵🇪🇵🇭🇵🇳🇵🇱🇵🇹🇵🇷🇶🇦🇷🇪🇷🇴🇷🇺🇷🇼🇼🇸🇸🇲🇸🇹🇸🇦🇸🇳🇷🇸🇸🇨🇸🇱🇸🇬🇸🇽🇸🇰🇸🇮🇬🇸🇸🇧🇸🇴🇿🇦🇰🇷🇸🇸🇪🇸🇱🇰🇧🇱🇸🇭🇰🇳🇱🇨🇵🇲🇻🇨🇸🇩🇸🇷🇸🇿🇸🇪🇨🇭🇸🇾🇹🇼🇹🇯🇹🇿🇹🇭🇹🇱🇹🇬🇹🇰🇹🇴🇹🇹🇹🇳🇹🇷🇹🇲🇹🇨🇹🇻🇻🇮🇺🇬🇺🇦🇦🇪🇬🇧🇺🇸🇺🇾🇺🇿🇻🇺🇻🇦🇻🇪🇻🇳🇼🇫🇪🇭🇾🇪🇿🇲🇿🇼❤️🌈🌎🌍🌏
on November 12, 2013
It makes ideas regarding life's most difficult questions accessible and wonderfully absorbing. Elisa's journey following the death of her son will give many many grieving people not only real hope but real relief. The fact that this has all been researched and absorbed by an individual raised as an atheist in an atheistic environment speaks volumes. Erik is a true original! Even if his channelers/filters are well-versed in New Age wisdom they could not possibly answer the questions herein the way he does with all his very personal mannerisms and quirks without extensive study and research. Since the ideas put forth are indeed ideas that have been given before just validates what really does occur when it is time for our own transitions to the other side. For a student of spirit, love, and all things that have been hidden for most of us, this is a must-read i.e, like something from Brian Weiss, Gary Zukav, Eckhart Tolle....

Do you want to understand why things really happen the way they do?
on October 4, 2013
Full disclosure: I am the author's daughter.

Elisa Medhus is a physician and mother of 5, who tragically lost her son to bipolar disorder/suicide in 2009. I found this book really, really interesting because she comes from a scientific background and atheist parents, and chronicles her journey to discovering spirituality and the afterlife (or "heaven", whatever you prefer to call it) in a very realistic, approachable way. She began communicating with her son via mediums, and decided to chronicle those experiences on a blog, which she called simply Channeling Erik. I found Erik's voice (through the psychic) extremely amusing, with colorful language (unedited, a feature I appreciated, and very true to how he was in real life) and together I feel they truly take on the heavy subjects (life after death, the meaning of life, God, reincarnation, etc) with a refreshingly down to earth approach. Very believable, and truly makes you wonder. 5 star read. Highly recommend!
55 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
There are not enough accolades to describe this book, this story. Everything about it is beyond fantastic. The way Dr. Medhus organizes the story with regards to the beliefs she was raised with, and how it is so possible for even a staunch nonbeliever to change is perfect for anyone with an open mind or a mind completely shut off. Either way you will be a different person after reading this story. I have been on a Spiritual Journey since I was six, I saw colors around everyone, and everything that no one could explain to me back in the 60's, in my Atheist family so began the Journey to see beyond seeing. This book is one of over 140 I have read in just three years after the death of my beloved Mother on Life after Death, Natural Healing, Channeling and different modes of Psychic communication. It is an Excellent Book I recommend it to all people to read as we will all face dying, and death sometime in our life...and comfort is what we crave when all seems to be lost or for nothing...but it is not and this is what you will begin to learn from this story. Thank Dr. Medhus for sharing your story of Healing and for letting us know your Gentle son, who taught me so much about living and dying as I read this book.
on March 29, 2014
This book really enforced my belief in the afterlife and how there is a purpose for all things in the universe. Even non sentient objects like rocks and desks have a purpose. This book is written in a non judgmental way and doesn't go into religious preaching like many christian oriented books do. If you are looking for a book that confirms your belief about the afterlife I highly recommend this book. I especially recommend this book if you have lost a loved one, or on the verge of losing someone. It brought me great peace knowing this life is not the ONLY life in the universe. I pray for the author and thank her that she found the courage and inner strength to write this book after the horrible loss of her son in 2009 by suicide. That must have been absolutely awful for her!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to write this book Elisa! :) For all those interested in following up with the topics from this book I recommend going to the Channeling Erik blog. Just type it in the Google search engine.
on October 15, 2015
I am in no way related to the Blog, to the family and to Erik, etc. I have read over 75 books on this subject and I have to say this is one of the most fascinating reads on the subject. It does not deviate in structure at all from what I have read from Dr. Brian Weiss (Many Lives/Many Masters), Dr. Michael Newton (Journey of Souls), Eben Alexander's book, or Backwards by Nanci Dennison, what's different here is that you have the most "clear" communication vehicle due to two variables. An extremely willing and passionate spirit, Erik, and a world class medium, Jamie Butler. That combo enables his words to come across the multiple dimensions like he was sitting in the same room having a very frank, blunt if you will, discussion. His explanation of the Life Review- Erik had 6 higher souls at his review, very much seemed similar to Newton's discussion in "Destiny of Souls". There are too many other similarities to count. Erik's "You Tube Videos" are just as fascinating. Everything I know tells me that this is the real deal. Highly Recommended.
on November 13, 2013
I have been reading the blog "Channeling Erik" for about 6 months now. I am also a paranormal investigator and everything that Erik has been communicating correlates with my own research. I myself feel I have had several visits from Erik just as many other blog members have since jumping into this spiritual journey. Friends that I have recommended this blog and book to have also felt his presence and pranks! The book is a wonderful extension of the blog. I have suffered with deep depression just as Erik did, his explanations as to why we have these certain experiences make perfect sense. I never met Erik, I wish I had. He is an exceptional human being and soul. I consider him a friend on the other side. I will be buying this book for Christmas for many of my friends and family. Thank you Elisa!