Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 29, 2012
If you like to laugh, you'll like this book.

Everyone knows someone who could fill a book with "funny" stories that are only funny to the storyteller. This is not that type of book.

You will laugh. A lot.

The humor covers all kinds of topics. There's parent/kid humor, awkward growing up humor, food humor, marriage humor, even toenail humor. You wouldn't think that Facebook status updates could have so much breadth (at least mine don't).

Word of warning. Parts of the book are so outrageously funny that you will loudly laugh even in inappropriate places (think middle seat of an airplane, not funeral).

It's also a quick read. I polished it off in about 5-6 hours. I never made it more than 5 minutes without being significantly amused.

So, this book won't dramatically change your life, but if laughter is good medicine, it might make you healthier!

5 stars is a no-brainer.
on October 11, 2012
This is a wonderfully funny book. Marcus's sense of humor is so similar to Bill Bryson in that he is able to find and express humor in day to day life in a way that makes you laugh out loud as if you were watching a well written sitcom! This book was worth all $14.95. And Marcus, I just might consider reading it again!
on February 20, 2015
Funny, random social media musings from a guy who clearly looks at the world differently than the rest of us.
on September 26, 2012
Marcus brings to life his comical thought process as he quickly analyzes past comments from his Facebook page. His sense of humor is fantastic and very realistic for the sarcastic personality! I laughed my butt off while reading this book!
on December 11, 2014
This author is so funny. I love his writing. A must read.
on July 14, 2012
This is an incredibly funny book! With an original idea that tracks the author's usage of Facebook for a period of about 3 years, it is packed with wit and humorous observations. So if you like to laugh, and who doesn't?, pick this up!
on October 9, 2014
Good book, some funny stuff.
on May 29, 2012
an honest and funny look at one mans experience and interpretation of the social media craze of FB. His refreshingly honest brand of humor are guaranteed to bring on the belly laughs!
on May 15, 2012
Excellent fun book!
on May 25, 2012
No doubt...this book is hilarious! The last time I laughed this hard at a book was when I read "A Dirty Job" by Christopher Moore. I was seriously sitting on my couch, reading this book, and laughing out loud the entire time. I was full of honest "LOL" moments.

So...the laughs are endless. I giggled on page 1. By page 7 I had my first full-scale giggle-fit and my husband shot me the first of many "What the hell is so funny over there?" looks. He ended up putting in his earbuds to listen to his music which I guess he prefers over the sound of my laughter. The actual Facebook updates are amusing but not really LOL funny but the commentary before / after the status updates are hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Not to mention some of the imagery Marcus creates draws such a picture of the situation that I can't help but laugh and laugh and laugh and...you get the point. When he was describing the time he got his van stuck in the snow backing out of his driveway with two screaming and crying little boys in the backseat I cringed for him. When he was trying to push it out and one of his boys said they needed a "big strong man" I laughed. I did feel bad about it but I couldn't help it. When he bemoaned running out of milk with a full bowl of cereal, I felt his pain. I've been there too.

The flaws? Two typos. So minor that I couldn't even deduct a star for it. I don't usually notice typos or grammar problems because truly I don't care. I'm not worried about a spelling or grammar problems in a book I care only about the story and the journey and Marcus' story was hilarious. I think I was just in a grammar/spelling Nazi mood tonight. Although perhaps it was due to Marcus mentioning that he, and his son, share the power of sucking at spelling and that he couldn't survive without spellchecker that made me hyper-sensitive to the possibility of errors. Regardless, they kind of made the book even funnier (yes, I know funnier isn't a word).

All in all, the book is a success. I loved it and I laughed a lot. I finished it in a night and I was actually so excited about reading this book that I put the book I was involved with reading on hold just so I could read it. My Status Update Journey is a total win for humor. Marcus...please write another book! Readers...do yourselves a favor and take a night away from the stress, the drama, the depression, the worry and escape in to the funny that is Marcus Matherne.

Oh...and I was pronouncing Marcus' last name as "Math-urn." I think I was wrong but he does clarify...you just have to get all the way to the end to find out how to say it right.

[...]