Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 11-20 of 1,043 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,289 reviews
on April 1, 2017
Not sure why so many rate this product so high. When I was sick with a cold it did nothing for my sinus. Did not help in the least. This product is a hoax for sure. My daughter tried it and she said it was ok but nothing great and she is a nurse, only reason I give it two stars.

Thanks
Unsatisfied customer
on February 25, 2017
This works well in combination with my allergy meds, and nasal rinse. It keeps my sinuses moisturized and keeps them from getting dry which can happen with allergy meds. It will help clear out my stuffed up nose, just push the heat up an little and use for 10 minutes and my sinuses clear out most of the time and keep me from getting a horrible sinus headache most of the time. Keep in mind none of these products are a miracle cure, but will help your symptoms. For me, this one is working about the best for me, it helps keep things in check. I was worried about spending this much for this product but, I was to the point where I had to do something, and the gamble paid off so far.
on May 1, 2013
As a life long sufferer of chronic rhinosinusitis & subsequent postnasal drip brought on by allergies to pretty much everything that pollinates as well as dust mites I decided to give this a try. I'll be updating review this as I evaluate the product. My first use was today 5/1/13 and I have to commend the manufacture on a pretty clean design and quick/easy use. At first I was skeptical thinking that this would use a low powered ultrasonic "vaporizer" to mist the water and wouldn't offer any therapeutic heating. I was pleasantly wrong and the unit does in-fact produce a very fine steam at tolerable levels. Anymore heat or volume and I'm not sure you would want to inhale it to be honest. So how does a life long sufferer feel after the first use? Well, I'm still congested and still have the typical half blockage (e.g. only able to breathe fully through one nostril). I can tell that "stuff" has loosed up and my sinuses do feel less irritated. Which is great! To put people with severe sinus issues in perspective, most can not use a Neti type device for irrigation due to a near constant blockage or partial blockages that can trap water or cause pressure issues. So if this even comes close to allowing the use of those devices then great! It'd be nice if there were miracle drugs to treat this stuff but with the current side effects of medicines (severe sinus headaches etc...) this may be a very cheap & healthier alternative. Time will tell.
on February 15, 2017
This product has a Very weak airflow I don't recommend at all.
on April 29, 2015
This is one great product that works. After dealing with prescriptions for a chest cold... both expensive meds made me worse off with side effects that took weeks to get rid of... Well I saw this item on late night TV then researched it.

Bought it from Amazon and gave it a good testing. It's just amazing and clears up my clogged chest and nasal passages so fast that I enjoy using it. It feels good to use it... like you know it's really doing its job.

Even if you are not suffering from a cold, flu, or other problems... I could see using this daily just to flush your system of pollutants picked up daily.... using distilled water as a natural remedy.

PROS:
' Convenient.
' Easy-to-use.
' Ready to use quickly... plug-in and breathe.
' Natural treatment without chemicals
' Sleek, easy to hold design

CONS:
' Can't find any problems yet.
on March 10, 2017
only worked once
on September 12, 2017
This is a solid five star product. I purchased one back in 2015 and liked it so well I bought one for my daughter and grand kids. They use it all the time and have very positive results. Unfortunately, my daughter just informed me they were going to use it this week and it doesn't work anymore. All they get is a blinking blue light. It only comes with a 1 year warranty and they have had it a little over a year. When am I going to learn to buy an extended replacement warranty with ANYTHING electronic. We live in such a throw away society it just make me mad at myself for not spending the extra money for insurance. Live and learn.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2016
I have had allergy problems all my life, and in later years, they have gotten much worse. I have alot of drainage that keeps me awake at night. I have been using this steam inhaler for about 2 weeks now, and it helps considerably with mucus reduction. I use it right before bedtime, and most nights I have had hardly any problems with sinus drainage. Also, I use a little eucalyptus oil on a gauze pad and hold it against the holes on the backside of the unit, works great.
on April 26, 2017
When it works it's great. But hardly ever works:( ... Incredibly annoying. And as a singer I want to use it all the time. I plug it in, it sputters and a blue blinking light second from the bottom just blinks at me. Doesn't matter if I have water in it, or if I don't. Doesn't matter if I unplug and plug back in. It just doesn't want to work...for 150 bucks it's super frustrating.

***I'm revising this review. They sent me another purmist and that one works great!!!
on March 6, 2016
I ordered this after my mother purchased one to use for a chronic cough that she had for almost 2 years that was related to sinus problems. After using a couple of times her cough cleared up and as long as she uses it on a regular basis, her cough is under control. I am prone to sinus migraines and this really helps with my sinus issues. The price was worth it since it has helped my decades-long sinus issues and eliminated the use of meds and has decreased the frequency of headaches. I am very pleased with this product.