Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 118 reviews
on July 10, 2014
Awesome mapping solution for roads, topo, places of interest, arks, too much more to list. Best $5.00 I ever spent. I really like the feature that lets me download an area where I am going to visit so that I can view it offline when no wi-fi or cell service is available. For hunters and outdoors men and women, this is a great tool. Rivers and lakes are included as well. Lastly, you can also order printed, waterproof, and or laminated maps of a particular area in advance of a trip if you want that option.
on July 1, 2014
I was downloading the quads for my next backpacking trip around Three Sisters Wilderness; when the maps downloaded and opened I noticed two things that were very disheartening: 1) there are handwritten notes on the maps (meaning the maps are scanned and not computer generated) and, 2) main roads that I know have been in existence for more than 50 years are partially missing on the map!! (Hwy 20 going past Suttle Lake going toward Sisters, Oregon)
All I can say is Wow! I wouldn't want to be lost and have to rely on this map software.
The app looks promising...but not enough so to make me keep it.
on March 22, 2014
I'm looking for an app that will track and ten print that map and track on my printer.
When I tried this app for the first time, I pulled up a terrain map and then clicked on the track arrow and went for a ride. When I returned the tracking arrow was spinning on its own axis. No track was recorded.
"Good" software is intuitive and easy to use.
This software is not.
I contacted the vendor before I made my purchase to see if it would do what I wanted and was told it would. Again how hard should it be?
This should, as all apps should, be a try before you buy.
It is easier to take someone's money, with a no refund policy, than it is to make a worth while product.
on August 27, 2012
I'm using this app on my Nexus 7 (so it is Wi-Fi only). I downloaded the topo maps for a couple of places I've gone hiking and traveling and it worked fine as a topo based GPS while I was there. It seems to be more designed for planning than for actually being on the trail, but with the right map download in advance, it works. You have to figure out what different map scales you want access to and how many different types of map you want to have available. Haven't figured out how to get it to record my track yet, or if that is possible.
on October 4, 2013
Clarity of the Bing aerial photos is awesome. I love that I can view two layers at once, and adjust the transparency of the layers. And I finally went with "pro" so I can take these maps into the field. I'm actually using them for on-the-ground watershed assessment in the field, where I don't have access to satellite internet, in my private consulting/advocacy work. This is also a fun way to check out an area you're thinking of hiking or hunting from the comfort of your couch or a coffee shop. The maps respond faster than most of the GIS applications I can run on my computer.
on February 27, 2013
This app is really nice. A little tricky to learn the interface, but after you know how it works it's really intuitive. I especially like the dual map option so you can superimpose topo and satellite and really see what the surrounding areas look like. Very useful for terrain association an of road navigation. It even spares me the effort of doing the spherical trig to find distances and bearings. I'm pretty impressed by this app and never expected to find something of this quality for a mobile device.
on May 19, 2012
I'm going to be hiking in romania this summer and this is a great planning tool. I've cross checked the coords and trails and everything checks out perfectly. from the product description I only expected u.s. and Canada but got a whole lot more.
on October 15, 2012
I use this app for work and personal reasons, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It is great for hiking, or for just planning a drive. I personally like to download maps of outdoor areas where I will be working to avoid carrying half-a-dozen paper maps. I would highly recommend it for anybody.
on June 13, 2013
The good: ability to select datums as wellas DD, DM, DMS selectability
Suggestions: Allow zooming beyond set resolution when additional images are not available; add ability to determine bearing along measurement line; display elavation along with coordinates when screen is touched; offset selection cross hairs from screen contact point to facilitate more precise placement of waypoint; place blue balloon indicater at crosshairs when coordinate search is activated.
on May 25, 2013
Used to help plan out bike commuting routes. Especially liked the ability to use two sources of information on a single map (roads & topo) and change the relative intenity of each source.