|Item Weight||15.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||7.2 x 4.2 x 2 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||610214621382|
Updating the original myTouch 3G with a roomy slide-out QWERTY keyboard and the latest version of the Android operating system (version 2.1), the T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide mobile phone also offers a variety of unique new features to help you connect more easily with friends and family. Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the myTouch 3G Slide offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites.
The sleek, lightweight T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide with 3.4-inch touchscreen display and slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
Similar in design to the original, the myTouch 3G Slide has a 3.4-inch touchscreen display and a five-pane home screen (with the option to increase to seven panes) that provides plenty of screen real estate for apps and widgets. In addition to the virtual keyboard, the myTouch 3G Slide also includes a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard that makes typing longer messages a breeze.
With integrated Google technology, the myTouch 3G Slide brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, Gtalk, YouTube, Picasa, and contacts/calendar synchronization. The myTouch 3G Slide also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The myTouch 3G Slide offers GPS location services for turn-by-turn directions using Google Maps and Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Other features include a fast 600 Mhz processor, 5-megapixel camera/camcorder with LED flash, included 8 GB microSD memory card (with expansion support up to 32 GB), Bluetooth for both hands-free communication and stereo music streaming, a digital audio player, and up to 4 hours of talk time.
T-Mobile WOW Family Features
With the myTouch 3G Slide, T-Mobile introduces an innovative software suite of WOW Family Features, which includes the following:
- Faves Gallery presents up to 20 of your favorite people and the different ways to communicate with them--calls, texts, e-mail, instant messaging, social networking updates--in a dedicated application accessible through a soft button and an easy-to-use widget complete with photos, contact information and one-touch ability to respond.
All of your Faves get special status on your myTouch 3G Slide; anytime they communicate with you or update their social network you get a notification in the notification pane. Even if you're not using your phone, a custom green light lets you know you've got a communication waiting from one of your Faves. And you can respond directly from the Faves Gallery, without launching e-mail or other applications, so you connect more quickly and more often with the important people in your life.
Powered by Android OS 2.1, you can customize your myTouch 3G Slide with thousands of apps available via the Android Market (see larger image).
The myTouch 3G Slide also includes a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash on the back as well as video capture capabilities.
- myModes helps you draw the line between work and home by creating different themes with home screen apps, widgets and wallpapers to empower people in the different roles they play each day. You can set myModes to switch at a designated time, by location, or manually with the option to create and store up to 10 customized modes.
Want to forget about work on the weekend? No need to hide your work phone or switch to another device; just put away your work tools, like e-mail and your calendar by switching modes, and bring forward all the things you love to do on Saturday.
- With Genius Button voice commands (powered by Dragon Dictation from Nuance Communications), pressing the easy-to-access button on the front of the myTouch 3G Slide allows you to access a variety of voice commands. Press the button, speak the command, and control such features as making a call, composing and sending texts and e-mails, and searching the Web or your surroundings. It will even read text messages aloud, and lets you dictate responses naturally as if you were speaking directly to a person.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels, 262K colors) with customizable, intuitive home screen.
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard with built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want. Also includes virtual on-screen keyboard.
- Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and other third-party apps (for real-time directions). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- 5-megapixel camera with video capture capabilities and LED flash
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 8 GB pre-loaded microSD memory card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Multi-format digital audio player
- YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
- Rich HTML e-mail application seamlessly syncs your e-mail, calendar and contacts from Gmail as well as most other POP3 or IMAP e-mail services. The Gmail application provides features such as conversation view, spam filtering, search, and labels that Gmail users enjoy on their computer while offering new features such as integration with the phone's contact list. And it multitasks, so you can read a Web page while also downloading your e-mail in the background.
- Full HTML Web browser enables you to view more pages and enjoy better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
- Instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger. It also supports advanced text messaging features, enabling you to easily flag, delete or move groups of messages and keep track of group conversations through threaded text messaging.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Google Calendar app syncs with the Web-based version, so any event that you add to your phone will show up on the Web-based Google Calendar (and vice versa).
- Organizer tools including calendar, calculator, and tasks.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The myTouch 3G Slide weighs 5.9 ounces and measures 2.3 x 4.5 x 0.6 inches. Its 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 144 hours (6 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
myTouch 3G Slide handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 8 GB microSD memory card, wired stereo headphones, quick start guide
High-Speed Data Connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G Network
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
While this phone is optimized for use with T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, many of its functions will also work well on the moderate-speed EDGE network. If you plan to access the Internet extensively on your phone, 3G network coverage may serve you best.
Activities that work well on EDGE or 3G networks:
- E-mail, instant messaging, and texting
- Downloading ringtones, CallerTunes, wallpaper, light data files
- Sending photographs via e-mail or picture messaging
Activities that work best on a 3G network:
- Viewing content-heavy websites (lots of images or videos playing)
- Viewing YouTube and other video files (they will play on EDGE, but require loading time)
- Uploading large files (photos, videos, presentations) to sharing websites
- Downloading large files from an e-mail or a website
T-Mobile's 3G network is currently available in more than 220 cities nationwide and covers more than 160 million people.
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android