Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 128 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 134 reviews
on March 24, 2017
These are a little on the cheap end, but they will get the job done. I really didn't expect a whole lot out of these. I just wanted to have a set on hand for my own use as I continue with various exercise routines so I can track progress. My children are in the boy scout program and have to learn about physical fitness. I figured these would also come in handy as they do the various merit badges that require you to track your progress over 3 months.

Nice enough set to do what I needed. They are just made out of plastic. I didn't need perfect accuracy, just something to get a rough idea of the measurements.

The measuring tape is actually nice in that it has a hook & loop setup to get the closest/most accurate measurement you can. When you release the hook/loop, it maintains the length used so you can read the measurement...then there's a button on the side that auto-winds it back into the housing.
on May 20, 2016
I have these body tape and Fat Caliper for arond 3 years. I bought these, when I started going to gym. I think these are the inexpensive tools out there to get accurate measurements.

The Fat Caliper gives you accurate fat %, provided you know how to perform the measurement. I have the digital fat % monitor as well. The tests results on both varies by a very little margin. The key is to use the caliper at the exact same place of the skin fold every time, to see progress over time.
Durability: After about a year of use, the caliper lock got loose and does not stay in place but it still gets the work done.

The MyoTape is simple retracting plastic tape. The end has a notch attached to it that attaches to the ratchet box. This provides a great help measuring biceps, forearms, thighs and calves. The tape clicks every 3/4 inchs.
Durability: The notch attached to the end of the tape came off after 3 months of use. I guess, I was new to bodybuilding and obsessed with taking measurements. However, I remove the tape from the rachet and use it as a regular tape.

P.S - Though the tape and fat caliper are made of cheap plastic but will get the work done. I still use it after 3 years.
on December 15, 2015
First couple of measurements said I was 5-6% bodyfat. Yeah, no. Closer to 12%. So don't use these to try to measure your bodyfat % in absolute terms, use them to track progress if you're trying to lose fat or gain muscle. E.g. how many millimeters you lose per week or per month. Only problem is the measurements aren't very precise: the scale is somewhat hard to read and the numbers I'm reading are already fairly low, so poor resolution makes for poor accuracy.
on January 4, 2017
The Body Tape doesn't snap into the hole as much as I would have liked, so I have to fidget with the tape a little more than I want. I was hoping this was going to be a one-handed affair so I could easily measure parts of my arms without issues. The caliper is on the cheaper side, but then again we aren't paying much for this combo.
on January 28, 2016
I bought a Myotape maybe a decade ago. It was still going strong, but disappeared into the ether over the last few months, so I ordered a new one as part of this set.

Less than two weeks later, the end anchor came off, and the tape is now unusable. I used this thing twice. I'm ordering again- hopefully it was a fluke. But I am glad Amazon is so good about returns!
on July 9, 2016
i don't do reviews but made an exception for this piece of junk. Calipers are useless don't operate correctly (no click). Tape measure starts at 2" 1/4 inch! so have to subtract that every time you measure anything. Do yourself a favor take your $8 and buy a latte you'll be a lot happier and get more use out of it.
on March 3, 2016
I am very disappointed with the caliper. The tape measure is fine, hence the three stars. The caliper is awkward to use and not accurate. I am at about 22% body fat according to my doctor's office and this shows I am at 29%. Quite disappointing as I wanted to track my fat percentage as I lift weights.
on March 19, 2017
Pros: really easy to use, simple instruction card. Seems fairly accurate. Enough to show trends.
Cons: Lets me know that I'm stalling out at 13% body fat :(
on November 15, 2016
The tape measure is fine, but the body fat calculation is very sketchy having to press until the device clicks into place. Good enough for an estimate within 10% but not much beyond that
on September 29, 2016
Works well but I really only purchased for the tape.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question