- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 14 hours and 24 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Hachette Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: August 27, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EHNUG6O
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mystery Man Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The love between the two main characters was--surface level. I mean, how much of a relationship can I really expect when the premise is of strangers?
All that aside- it was well written. And man is this author funny. I enjoy laughing and this book made me laugh several times. If you want a light read with little commitment- try this one. It was fun.
1) The book was about a 3.5 star for me. I loved Gwen! She was great and I could relate to her on a lot of levels until the end. The reason this book didn't get higher stars is Gwen was a strong woman that stood up for herself and owned her sh*t. She got out of a bad situation and made some poor decisions but she owned them. BUTTTT I don't like the guilt trip that Hawk gave her or his mother gave her. When you get to that part you will understand what I am saying. Gwen had gone through some life changing events and went through some really hard times that most people would break down and not be able to function but Gwen powered through and Hawk was horrible to her in my opinion. I understand why he did but he never really apologizes for his actions. He just explains why he did what he did but that doesn't make it okay. There are moments that I really like Hawk and he is really a good guy but no one really acknowledged her feelings or the tragic events she went through. I became very frustrated with the author that Gwen's feelings was put aside and Hawk's feelings, needs and wants were what mattered. Over all the book moved nicely and I really loved the writing and how the story flowed. There were just parts and outcomes that I didn't agree with. The author has great secondary characters and I love that. I like when there are more characters than just the couple.
2) The audio was amazing....5 stars!!! OMG if you aren't an audio person but have always wanted to try one this is the book you should get. There isn't much else to say other than it was amazing. I wish she narrated all the books I listened to.
I really enjoyed this book. I think it took me just a little bit to get into the groove of it, but once I was in, I was IN. I had a lot of preconceived ideas about what to expect from a KA novel - because everyone and their mother has something to say about her, and this is my first KA read - but I wasn't disappointed. I was told that I wouldn't like Hawk, but I actually loved him. The. Whole. Time.
He was my favorite part of the entire story. But I also liked that there were parts that made me laugh, parts that made me frustrated, and parts that made me happy. The epilogue was what made me like the book just a little bit more - packing in a little more sweet and happy, just the way I like.
The one thing that makes me not give Mystery Man a "perfect" rating is Gwen. Don't get me wrong, I liked her. I even liked how she rambled - but to me, I didn't believe her character in the way I think I was supposed to. She was 33 going on 26, and I just couldn't equate her actions or her thoughts to that of a woman older and wiser than me. Which is fine, because she was still an enjoyable character, but it was a little annoying. Other than that, I'm glad I read it!
Tess O’Hara has been seeing Jake for four months. Things have been going great. He was going slowly like she needed. Then one night everything changed. She found out what was really going on. Jake was not what she thought. On top of it all her ex-husband wouldn’t leave her alone and had dragged her into his criminal crap. She was considering leaving Denver and moving to Kentucky.
She threw herself into her bakery and work, trying to get control of her life. Three months later Jake/ Brock Lucas shows up at her house, demanding to collect on her promise to talk. He knew her secret because he was there when she first voiced it. His reaction made the difference. He wanted this thing he had with her and after that information, so did she.
Of course things weren’t going to be easy with her ex-husband and his ex-wife. They were both determined to come between Tess and Brock.
I’ve read most of the books from this author. Her male characters are tough and rough around the edges. I love that. They know what they want, they are extremely loyal and they take care of what is theirs.
I also like the female sisterhood that developed with all the female characters. They embrace each other and Elvira is a hoot. Love her. The author also includes a lot of the same characters in each book, so it’s fun to revisit them. One of my favorite parts about reading a series is seeing past beloved characters.
Tess was an awesome character. She was sweet, smart and very observant. I related more with her than any other characters I’ve read by this author. I could see myself in her. I also liked that she was over forty and owned her own business. She was an excellent role model considering what she had dealt with. I also loved that Brock saw her and knew how lucky he was to have her. This story was swoon-worthy and fun to read. I couldn’t put it down.
Then the author added family issues, ex issues and revenge. It kept the characters and the reader on their toes. Awesome addition to the Dream man series and a fabulous read. I give it a 4.5 out of 5.