- Paperback: 330 pages
- Publisher: Sweetbriar Creek Publishing Company; Second edition (January 30, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0991024818
- ISBN-13: 978-0991024810
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 50 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,648,216 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Mystic Memories Paperback – January 30, 2014
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
About the Author
GILLIAN DOYLE spent much of her childhood in the shadow of the mystical Mt. Shasta in the Southern Cascade Mountains of California. Moving to Los Angeles, she majored in Journalism and enjoyed a stint as a DJ at her college radio station before marrying her husband, Don. With her daughter and son in school, she became a motivational therapist and exercise instructor for the Richard Simmons' Anatomy Asylum. While helping others achieve their dreams, she decided to return to college to pursue her own dream of becoming a writer. A simple class assignment grew into her first novel, published two years later. Always fascinated with parapsychology, Gillian has been a student of metaphysics for over thirty years. As a member of the Author's Guild, Mystery Writers of America and Romance Writers of America, she has written historical, time-travel and contemporary romances with paranormal elements under various pseudonyms. Her current project is a nonfiction collaboration with a highly-acclaimed female private investigator who just happens to be telepathic and clairvoyant. Look for the Intuitive Investigator series beginning in Spring 2014.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The main bulk of the book was nicely detailed and flowed well. But sadly, the last part lacked sufficient information or details when describing Blake's 20 year wait for Cara after he returned in 1979. Those 20 years deserved more.
2. Blake, after returning to Cara (in her time), was 20 years older (unlike Cara.) He should have felt some awkwardness after all that time. There should have been more obvious changes in his appearance other than 'some silver hair at his temples'. At the least, some wrinkles and some different mannerisms should have been apparent. Yet nothing gave them pause.
3. How did a Sea Captain who knows little of modern technology manage to make a living? With no money and no proof of identity?
4. Was he celibate all those years? After all, Cara would know when she read his mind..lol...
5. Why would Cara only make one attempt to talk to Andrew--since she and Blake were both so attached to the boy? They simply wait 20 MORE years until the boy is grown and needs their help. Unless I've misread the time period, that now puts poor Blake at close to 70--and now they're planning on getting involved in another adventure?
(end of Spoilers)
Since the last portion of the book seemed so rushed for me, I was disappointed. I got frustrated checking back in my reading trying to figure out the sequences of time and whether I'd missed pertinent info. Because of that, it just kind of fell flat for me. I guess I was hoping for more, since it had shown such promise. Other than issues like the ones mentioned above (which admittedly may not bug you like they did me), I found it to be a decent read.
of the "Mystic" of yesterday and the "Mystic" of today. Although it would have been even better if the Author had become more specific as to why the wooden construction of the "Mystic" in some way added to the disappearance of many of the Ship's past occupants. Thanks for your attention.
Oh--the plot? Well, a physic private investigator hired to find a missing 10-year-old boy slips through a time portal and finds herself onboard a sailing ship in the 1830's, where she meets a handsome sea captain. And that's all I'm going to say about that. If you want to know more, read this book!
Not my usual fare but I sure loved it! the Hero and Heroine were a perfect couple together. They both needed each other. I did NOT see coming the surprise she threw in towards the end. Already looking at this author's other books!
Most recent customer reviews
Also the romantic aspect was a nice addition