Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mythology: The Voyage of the Hero
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 23, 2001
This book is straightforward, breaking down each step of the heroic journey, from the hero's birth to apotheosis, using examples from various mythologies/religions to establish the classical pattern used in literature. If you just want to brush up and increase your ability to identify the pattern in literature/pop culture (ie. Aliens movies, The Matrix, Xena, Buffy, Providence...) this is a handy reference and a quick read.
on March 28, 2015
Five stars for content, one star for terrible Kindle formatting. This survey of world myths, organized thematically or one might say functionally, is fascinating, but do yourself a favor and avoid the Kindle version. Most of the selections of myths are cut off at the bottom of the Kindle screen, so that some portion of the story is lost. Buy the physical book instead.
on February 23, 2013
I've been doing research on the hero myth and this book was a wonderful addition to my studies. Leeming breaks down the myth into stages and gives examples of the hero in many different cultures. A must-have book for those who are interested in this subject.
on September 6, 2015
This book was a great reference for my greek mythology class. It gives a great analysis of hero myth and I would highly recommend it!
on January 4, 2015
great book
on January 2, 2014
I bought this book because the class I was to take was Mythology. But I could not get into class because classroom was full already. May take class later and use this book (only if college does not change book).
on May 28, 2014
Great what I needed it for. Was in okay condition. Definitely showed signs of use but great for what I needed it for. I used it for school and saved some money.
on April 10, 2013
I got a book with a lot of information about a lot of different heroes. It serves my requirements well.