This is a very entertaining and adictive application! I love the free view, where you can scan over the entire map area you are in at present, and you can activate any of the trains with a locomotive you see sitting on a length of track to any route within the map boundaries! Graphics are not the best for a modern video game, considering the technology has come far with the past 10 years, but TRAINZ definitely does immerse you in watching AND maneuvering these steel beauties move down the rails! You can even switch the train onto a different course and couple/uncouple cars at will! I call it my 'miniature railroad layout' on a Kindle tablet!
This is a pretty good simulator. Of course it is animated, but there is a variety of locomotives/trains, the controls are challenging and it is an enjoyable way to pretend you are an engineer. Might be a little too challenging for younger gamers in that you are controlling speed, watching signals, stopping and activating the horn at the right locations. For the price, it will definitely help you get through that long wait at the airport.
I quite give this product a 4 as the star due to the fact that I love the expirience in the game. If you are wanting to become an engineer, this game might be your best bet at acquiring that dream. In this review though, I will show you the cons and the pros of this wonderful gaming expirience and what it should have needed to make the expirience more lifelike.
1. It absolutely has the touch of being called a simulator due to the fact of 3-D and surroundings.
2. Includes 2 countries on free roam and many oppertunities that you can choose from.
3. Very lifelike in the game with buildings and stations that have people at it along with a great tutorial.
1. The people do not move and there are no neccesities outside of your train. (Cars moving, people walking, etc)
2. More train sounds should be included.
3. There is a lag in the game that gamers should know about.
4. It takes forever to download and sometimes does not open.
Those are your Pros and Cons, Though I really do reccomend for anybody to buy the game and enjoy it. I would buy it and I do have it. Hope you enjoy chugga chugga chooing! :)