|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920x1080 pixels|
|Processor||2 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||500 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Nvidia GT540M|
|Chipset Brand||Intel, NVIDIA|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||1024 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
ASUS N53SV-XV1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Silver Aluminum)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel Core i7-2630QM Quad-Core Processor 2.0 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz; 500GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
- 4GB of DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 4 slots, 16GB Max; Nvidia GT540M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 VRAM; Super-Multi Optical Disk Drive
- 1 USB 3.0 port; 2 USB 2.0 Ports; Bluetooth; 5-in-1 card reader (SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,MS-Duo); Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn
- 15.6-INCH FULL HD (1920x1080) LED Display; HDMI Port; VGA Port; 2.0MP Webcam; Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System
- ASUS 1 Year Standard Warranty and 1 Year Accidental Damage Warranty Included
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Great performance from Intel 2nd generation Sandy Bridge processor (quiet, efficient, and powerful)
- Sound is AMAZING. Loudest speakers available on a laptop (great for watching TV/movies) and built-in bass
- 1080p, 1920 x 1080 resolution screen is gorgeous and great for multitasking
- Good, but not great NVIDIA graphics
- 4 memory slots allow you to get 16 GB maximum if you upgrade
- 7200 rpm hard drive means you get the most performance possible without paying hundreds for still too expensive SSDs
- Full keyboard with number pad
- USB 3.0 (will be standard on most new laptops soon, though)
- ASUS global and accidental warranties come standard
- Not as much RAM as you would hope for, though getting more is fairly cheap and easy to install
- Average battery life for a 15" laptop
- Keyboard is a bit funky, and takes some getting used to. Also not backlit.
- The chipset is an Intel HM65, not HM55 as listed on Amazon.
- This laptop is slightly wider than most 15" laptops (about an inch), though roughly equal in other dimensions. It might have trouble fitting into bags or cases designed for the standard 15.6" size.
- When first posted, Amazon listed this laptop as having an eSATA port.Read more ›
This laptop is perfect for desktop replacement home use; for the money $1,050, this is the best laptop available IMHO. It is very well rounded, with one of the fastest mobile processors available and a mid range GPU.
Top notch processor
Full HD Display 1080p
Low heat & low power consumption
-Keyboard (I prefer chicklet)
-Wider than most 15.6" laptops
Power consumption and heat are also strong points. This laptop has the latest Sandy Bridge CPU which sips power due to 32nm production process as well as integrated graphics (NVIDIA Optimus to switch to the dedicated GPU as needed).
The Full HD 1080p display is beautiful. Great for photo editing and multitasking with ample desktop "real estate."
The keyboard in my unit is not as squishy as other reviewers. What I find annoying is the lack of separation in the keys. I plan on swapping this out for a compatible "chicklet" style keyboard as soon as possible.
This is my first 15.6" notebook so it feels wide to me. Just to make sure it was not because I was new to this size laptop I verified that it is longer than other brands 15.6" laptops. Asus N53SV: 39.1 cm | Dell XPS 15: 38.1 cm | HP dv6t: 37.8 cm | Lenovo T510: 37.3 cm | Sony VAIO C: 37.5 cm.
I had planned (and since completed) several upgrades to the laptop including 16GB ram, and 160GB SSD. With these upgrades (and hopefully a "chicklet" keyboard in the near future) I rate this laptop five stars. For the money it is hard to beat what ASUS is offering with the N53SV.
Default Windows Experience Index
Base Score: 5.7 | Processor: 7.4 |Memory (RAM): 5.Read more ›
SUPER Fast Sandy Bridge i7
Decent battery life
Very attractive design
NVIDIA Optimus technology
Runs pretty cool
Beautiful 1080p screen
Decent sound for a laptop
Keyboard layout a little awkward
A little heavy for a mid size laptop
I've used Asus products for years but this is the first laptop of theirs that I've owned, and I'm very impressed. Feels solid and runs great. Try pricing out a comparable computer and you'll spend at least 1500. One thing I will point out is even though the website description says this has an eSATA port, it doesn't. This thing is fast, especially once you remove some of Asus' pre-installed software. My old Core2Duo ran so much hotter than this quad-core. Running flash and hd video is like nothing to this computer. Haven't tried any games yet but I've heard reports that it can do pretty well with most games on medium settings.
Trust me, you'll have a hard time finding something comparable for the price!
- i7 processor is extremely fast. I've done some testing in bulk image resizing, video encoding, HD playback, gaming, encryption, and compression and was surprised to see this much power in a laptop.
- 540M graphics card is powerful enough to play most modern games at native resolution. I usually only play Team Fortress 2 with 32 players, 1080p, everything on high, and it gives decent frame rates.
- I was surprised at how powerful the Intel HD 3000 graphics are. Honestly you could play most games at low resolution and low settings with just the integrated graphics.
- Battery life is great for such a large screen and only a 6 cell battery. On "Balanced" mode it says about 5 hours on a full charge. I would expect it to drop to a more realistic 3-3.5 hours during use, which is perfectly fine for me.
- It's light for packing such a punch. It fits in my 15.6" samsonite bag comfortably without feeling large or bulky.
- The screen is incredibly bright if you want it to be. 1080p looks amazing although I find myself zooming in one or two increments on most webpages. I am a resolution nerd myself (I also have a 30" dell @ 2560x1600 for my desktop), but I don't think you'd want to go any higher than 1080p on a 15.6" screen.
- There are no problems whatsoever on the keyboard. I can type 90wpm and it keeps up without any lagging like I've read in some reviews.
- Gigabit LAN is awesome. I was copying some music and movies from my desktop and frequently achieving 80MB/sec.
- I don't think I've heard better laptop speakers anywhere else.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would not recommend this laptop to a friend.. The quality of this computer is very poor. Its slowly falling apart.. I will never buy Asus again. Mac for life!Published 7 months ago by Natalie
been a few years since i had it , and still running great as a "el cheapo gaming laptop" , if in a future i buy another laptop will defenetly will be ASUS.Published on June 25, 2014 by Yonke
I bought 2 N53's ( One for my wife and I)
They aren't light in weight but they are powerful. Read more
upgraded my ram to 8 gb.. have a 8 gb in the microsd slot with flash ram.. so m running at 12 gb..
no hitches at all.. play games like dirt 2 and battlestation pacific etc.. Read more
I've used a variety of computers since 1983, starting with Pet Commodore 16K. I've used Compaq, Sony, IBM, HP, Toshiba, and even a couple of Macs--and those are just the ones I can... Read morePublished on January 24, 2012 by Mark Anderson
First I will say I ordered 8GB of RAM to add right off the bat. SO very cheap to do right now ($30-$40 at the time of this review), that you'd be crazy not to. Read morePublished on January 20, 2012 by Sklar
It came in this past Saturday, and I think it was worth every penny. I had been looking for a good deal on a laptop and Amazon delivers again. Read morePublished on January 3, 2012 by Jonathan Pullen
Nice screen, good picture. Nice, loud, crisp sound from the built in speakers.
Windoze 7 absolutely sux. Read more
As many of the other reviews say, this is a great product. The only reason why I'm not rating it with 5 stars is that the headset connection has a problem, every time I plug my... Read morePublished on December 23, 2011 by ocecena
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.