- RAM Type: DRAM
WD My Net N900 Central HD Dual Band Router 2TB Storage WiFi Wireless Router
- FasTrack Plus technology accelerates your entertainment
- Internal storage and wireless backup
- View and share your files with WD 2go remote access
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1USB port
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Not too long ago, achieving this sort of a solution required multiple networking components to be purchased separately and needed serious networking skills to get it working on your home network. But WD's bold move into this market with Router NAS in a box surely deserves a big applause! - Good Job!
You may have seen my other reviews of networking products here on Amazon; I have been involved with Storage and networking for more than a decade and I do this for a living. Also, I am an admirer of WD's products; I own several of their product line and always pleased with their product quality. The first time I got introduced into WD family was their First Generation Western Digital WDTV Full HD Media Player and I was blown away by this device- years ahead of the technology at that time! After that I bought several of their 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drives, Western Digital WD TV Live Hub 1 TB Media Center, Recently Acquired ...Read more ›
I'm on my 3rd replacement router from Western Digital and I've found the following:
1. You can not transfer large volumes of files to it. I was trying to use this as my network "NAS" for backups, and when trying to transfer anything more than around 50GB's of data to the router causes the network to crash about half way through the transfer. So much for using this for backup
2. Performance - This is advertised at 450mb would would translate to at least 45MB per second transfer rates. I just upgraded 2 computers one with an SSD drive and the other with a 7200RPM drive, and the fastest throughput I can get is 11 or 12MB's per second. Yes, I know there is overhead and performance limitations of the hardware connected...but give me a break, it should be doing at lest 25MB's per second.
3. Crashes constantly - I will say that each router they send me seems to be getting better. First router would crash and I would have to reset the box every other day or so, the second one was about once a week. My third one hasn't yet and it's been about 5 days, but I still have problems with transferring larges amount of data to it.....seems to always brings this router down.
I wish I could go back in time when I made this purchase and did my research, but unfortunately this product hasn't been out THAT long so there wasn't a tone of review. This goes down as my WORST ELECTRONICS PURCHASE EVER and I've been buying electronics for over 30 years. WD, you completely lost me as a customer on this one. Thanks for nothing.Read more ›
Checking online I found this was not an issue with my device only, but a generalized issue which has not been addressed by WD. I have tried all the suggestions on how to fix the issue but over a month time after all options have been exhausted, I realized it was just a waste of time.
Over all, a terrible product. Don't waste your time and money on WD.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had some issues with it dropping WiFi randomly, had to reboot router, it would stop shairing the interal drive. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Phil Gregg
This thing has been a complete waste of my money. It consistently goes out for no reason. When I registered it I found out it was already out of warranty a year ago. (how? Read morePublished 10 months ago by Celestina K
Hard drive missing on arrival. Works well enough with my own HDD. Beware of Amazon Warehouse deals on this product because its very easy to pop the top off and get a free 2TB HDD... Read morePublished 10 months ago by C. Garrity
Router function is reasonable, but incredibly slow upload to onboard storagePublished 10 months ago by Bob M.
I really wanted this device to work out. If only it lived up to its potential. A built in 1 TB hard drive combined with a fast router. What's not to love? Read morePublished 11 months ago by Thomas
Super pissed . I had to crack open up this thing to realize it did NOT have a HDD inside as advertized. Read morePublished 14 months ago by joshua faucett
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.