Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NALGENE Tritan Grip-N-Gulp BPA-Free Water Bottle,Spring Green
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Color: Spring Green|Change
Price:$6.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 9, 2010
For those of you having trouble with the cup's valve, before using the cup for the first time, remove the valve and squeeze each side of it (it's cut in a cross shape). This breaks the seal and allows the liquid to flow perfectly!
I absolutely love these cups, and since our first purchase of them, I can't bring myself to buy any others. They DO NOT leak, at all!
44 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon August 29, 2013
I love these bottles. My daughter insists on taking water to bed. She is 2. That would be a complete mess if it weren't for these. Easy screw off opening. Wide mouth to fill with ice and drinks. Simple valve that works. Easy drinking spout. Grippable for little hands. No complaints whatsoever. Heres a video review if that helps:)
22 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2015
After washing all the parts to the water bottle and squeezing the insert, my two year old twin cousins loved them!!
They had no problem with suction. So far, the water bottles have been durable as the twins put them through a lot.
review image
on July 25, 2013
I purchased this for my 3 year old son. It's a sturdy cup and have not had any leaking issues at all. My complaint is that it is very difficult to drink from...my son refused to drink from it because he had to suck so hard even though I made sure the "X" wasn't sealed. I took a knife and extended the "X" in all four corners and it's so much easier for him now and we don't have any leakage issues either. So, I am happy with the cup after modifying the valve a little.
on October 10, 2011
This is hands down the favorite sippy in out household! Liquids flow easily and smoothly (without the valve, see below for information with the valve) and this washes up great in the dishwasher. There are a minimal number of pieces. It seems to be very easy for my toddler to hold. And it's thin shape makes it so easy to fit into the side pockets of her diaper bag - no other sippy I have fits in those pockets!

The only downside (and the reason for the star off) is that you have to suck REALLY hard to get liquid through the valve. My 16 month old is usually careful about sitting her cups down upright, and doesn't shake them much, so I primarily just use them without the valve and it's fine. However, if you still need the valve for all uses, your child may find this bottle a bit frustrating.
on November 29, 2008
I love this little water bottle, except one thing . . . its actually too hard for my toddler to drink out of. It has never leaked, hasn't broken in the several hundred throws, and its BPA free. But my 19 month old can't drink from it. I will keep it for him until he is older.
on June 30, 2015
Between the various NUK, AVENT, Munchkin, CamelBak, misc. sippy cups these are our favorites.

PROS:
-Dishwasher safe
-Only three parts, easy to re-essemble
-Doesn't leak as easily as other sippy cups
-Large enough but not too small
-Solid construction (doesn't bend like any sippy cups)
-Soft lid (except the spout)

CONS:
-The outside seems to scratch easily (constant drops on floors/walls/etc), doesn't effect functionality (See photo)
-The tips are easily chewed by toddlers, but again doesn't really effect function
-Price, slightly expensive for a sippy cup
review image
on June 12, 2007
We really like the Nalgene sippy cups! They are indistructable, easy to wash, they dont leak, and the stopper does not pop out.
on April 8, 2009
I bought two of these bottles, one for my 15 month old and the other for my 5 year old. The one thing I dislike about them is that if you use the bottle with the rubber insert valve, which prevents it from leaking, the children have to suck extremely forcefully in order to get anything out. I tried drinking from them myself and had a very difficult time. I barely got 3-4 drops out. So I don't use the bottles with the valve, which is not so much of a problem with my oldest daughter because she is not spilling things all over the place, but with my younger one it can be a bit of a mess since she doesn't keep the bottle upright all the time.
on February 26, 2015
What a lifesaver!! All the wasted money spent on every imaginable sippy cup...I couldn't take the leakage anymore!! My 2 and 3 yr old kids each have one and both love their "big kid water bottles." NOTE: For proper flow, I push the membrane into the spout just far enough to seal in the liquid but not so far as to completely seal the membrane to the lid. I make sure a tiny bit of air can get through to help the flow process. ...You'll know what I'm talking about when you're looking at the bottle. My note is mostly to the critics who say that the flow is too slow and frustrating.