Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 9, 2015
I bought this game hoping to have some fun with my 9 year old some. I grew up watching NASCAR and he is starting to show show some interest. We play Mario Cart and MC8 together and he likes all the Need for Speed games on Wii. this is not a user friendly game. If you touch someone you crash, you go the pits and it take way too much time to restart the race! I know in the real world if you rub someone at 200 mph you are going to crash but come on...the is Wii. He can run head first into brick building at 200 MPH in NFS most wanted and the car recovers in 5 seconds and he is off and running again...Laughing like a mad man. We both we frustrated with this game in a matter of 5 minutes.
on March 25, 2013
This game both simultaneously sucks and blows in unison. It has pros and cons, but that scale is tipped at around 20% vs.80%. Compared to the Nascar 2011 game, the conspicuous problems have been corrected, but it is only at the expense at opening a whole new set of problems with this game. The cars actually race you in a sensible manner in this one, drafting and pushing you like the real deal. They move when you check up on them, and sometimes you have to move when they check you. The addition of Fox commentators DW, Mike Joy and others gave an endearing welcome to the game. The tracks have been improved graphic transfer-wise. Adding the pit stop/pit road speed factor was good. Moving the information that flashes on screen (Go!) from dead center of your screen (right in the damn way) to the top was helpful.

The downfall: Game play. The steering is so ultra-sensitive (which you cannot change) that the car is next to impossible to control, even with every driver assist activated. I seriously turn the wheel 2 degrees, and the car spins out. One reviewer complained about the 2011 game and said you cannot roll through the corners, which I agreed with until now. This game you have to "peck" through the corners. Way too hard. Forget racing and strategically working through the field over 50 laps, my goal for the first week was to make it through a 10 lap race without bringing out the caution, or driving off the track. All the improvements to the other drivers are good, but only if the game allows you to race them! The easiest setting still couldn't correct the fact that the car cannot be controlled. And forget about taking the controller out of the wheel, that was like trying to steer a real car with vise grips. I suppose if you sat down and devoted 10+ hours on the weekend and 2 hours per evening for a month you could get a feel for it and start playing the game as the designers intended. However, if you are like me and just want to race with your favorite drivers at cool tracks for a half hour or so after work then this game is not for you. I want to have fun, not stress out and get angry. Life's too short. And the multi-player online setting: Beyond ridiculous. Cars appear and disappear, literally all physics are thrown to the wind, extremely under developed. Graphic fluctuations, programming errors and synchronization plague this sooooo bad that it is truly impossible to play, practice or none.

If Activision were to take the positives of both games and create a Nascar 2014, or Nascar Lucky Dog, or Nascar: In the Groove, or maybe a Nascar: Too Fast Entering...ok I'm done...nope one more....maybe a Nascar: Don't Pull a Logano, then they would have a very enjoyable game in my opinion :) If nothing else, this game gave me a new found respect for Nascar 2011. I switched this game with 2011 and have been playing it ever since. 2011 has plenty of problems, but at least it is possible to play it.
on August 10, 2013
Control is good.
Challenge is whatever level you want or are capable of.
Graphics are decent.
Have had it hang up when restarting a race a few times.
A bit annoying in the beginner mode. Passing on the low side works well most of the time UNLESS a car is close above you on your rear quarter. Those cars seem to have a controlled route and my car is in it. They run right over you spinning you around without affecting their seemingly preplanned path.
Two tracks are impossible to qualify on or lead a race on...Pocono and another. The is impossible to make out where the track and wall and inner edge are due to the intensely dark surface of the tracks. If I have cars to follow I can drive it fine. The track has a red line on some corners but the problem is coming out of a turn.
on March 3, 2015
This is a fun game, and the price was great! (I paid $11 for it) It's Wii, so don't expect to be whisked away in iMax 3D, or anything like that. But, the graphics aren't that bad, and if you like Nascar, you will like this game. My son and I play it all the time, it's good clean fun. It has lots of drivers and cars, and the career mode is a good time.
on March 30, 2016
I bought this for my grandson's 9th birthday. He plays video games but would rather be outside or playing with someone in an active manner. However, thus far he is very excited about this game! He is a NASCAR fan like his pawpaw and knows the names of the drivers; he will say, "I'm (insert driver's name)!" Seems to be a big hit.
on June 26, 2017
Great game if you hate to win!
I read the reviews and I suppose the people who have stock in the company must have wrote them.
Fake reviews!
on September 1, 2017
Grandson likes
on February 18, 2017
Grandchildren love this. So much like the real thing is you are into Nascar.
on June 4, 2015
Good product. Good price. Fast shipment. Thank you!
on January 8, 2015
Bought this for my 8 year old son. The game is way harder than we thought it would be. Plus, we can't figure out how to race the car they let you customize. Both of these I consider to be "user issues" so no real complaints.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.