Other Sellers on Amazon
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Purple Crystal Growing Lab - DIY Crystal Creation - Includes Real Amethyst Crystal Specimen
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DAZZLING CRYSTALS - The perfect family activity. Become a scientist and grow amazing purple crystals with this classic science kit!
- INTERACTIVE LEARNING - There’s no better way for your child to explore the wonders of science then through a hands-on science project
- EXPLORE CHEMISTRY - National Geographic’s premium learning guide will teach kids the fascinating science behind this experiment
- REAL AMETHYST CRYSTAL - Includes a real amethyst crystal for your rock collection. Compare the amethyst to the purple crystals you grow with this kit
- RESPECTED QUALITY - Providing children with the best educational toys, this kit comes with National Geographic’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Learn all about crystals and grow your very own!
National Geographic’s Amethyst Crystal Growing Kit brings you an unparalleled crystal growing experience. With our full-color learning guide packed with fascinating crystal facts and a real amethyst specimen included, you get the most comprehensive crystal kit on the market!
This science kit includes: Crystal Growing powder, seed rock, stir stick, real amethyst crystal, National Geographic’s learning guide, and instructions.
This is the perfect project for kids of all ages and serves as a great introduction to geology and chemistry. This kit from National Geographic will spark a love of science in your child that will last a lifetime.
Get your Amethyst Crystal Growing Kit today and discover miraculous crystals!
National Geographic Toys is proud to provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee with all our products so that you can buy with confidence.
About the National Geographic Society
With a mission to inspire people to care about the planet, the 126-year-old National Geographic Society is one of the world’s largest nonprofit scientific and educational organizations.
National Geographic’s net proceeds support vital exploration, conservation, research, and education programs.
Compare with similar items
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Mega Crystal Growing Lab – 8 Colors to Grow with Night Light Display Stand!
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC - Break Open 10 Geodes – TOP QUALITY!
4M Crystal Growing Kit
4M Crystal Growing Experiment
Scientific Explorer Ultimate Crystal Growing Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||National Geographic Toys||Amazon.com||National Geographic Toys||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Hello TECH_TOYS|
|Item Dimensions||2.25 x 9.25 x 6.25 in||3 x 12 x 10 in||2.5 x 12 x 8 in||12 x 12 x 4 in||9.5 x 8.5 x 3.25 in||3.19 x 15.25 x 12.13 in|
|Item Weight||—||3 lbs||3.66 lbs||0.5 lb||1.05 lbs||3.37 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After our first go/experiment I will be doing things a bit differently next round.
1. Use a bigger glass, without a rim. I used a mason jar that the crystals attached to on the top giving them another option than where they should have been. I was also worried that my good glassware would be ruined but the purple stuff is water soluble and comes right off.
2. Not so much water. The water never evaporated so I am guessing we used too much which is also why we never SAW ANY CRYSTALS.
3. Hotter water I was a little hesitant about 7 year olds and boiling water but we are going for it now.
4. I am going to not put it in a cupboard which may be issue two with my evaporation problem.
5. I'm leaving it in there until it won't grow anymore.
The kids will forget about it anyway and after all we know who is DOING this experiment anyway might as well have fun with it.
Next time: if I want the shell to be completely covered I will fully immerse the shell and leave it wayyy longer
If I want a proper crystal I won't cover the mixture with a shell (duh)
Overall, it's a wonderful kit and I definitely recommend it