BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

NBA 2K14 - Playstation 3
Format: Video Game|Change

on December 12, 2013
I bought this game on here the day it was released for 60 dollars, not to mention the cost of shipping. I was disappointed being that this game isn't really that much different from 2k13. I was gonna give it 3 stars but they have been making small upgrades to game lately online. I do like the defense more better, the steals are more clean, as well as the blocking. The shooting took a while to get used to, but overall gameplay is a more difficult. The commentary was improved. The classic teams are still there. Im a long time 2k buyer, and lets be serious, they got lazy because its no competition out there. If you do plan to buy, don't pay full price like I did, wait till it gets cheap. Its still an enjoyable game.
on February 24, 2015
Fun overall, being able to play with teams of the 2013-2014 season as well as retro legendary teams!
This is my first NBA 2K game since the days of the Playstation 2, so control changes that many loyal fans complain about were not a problem for me.

The bad:
-PS3 version's load time can test patience sometimes.
-Eventually, MyCareer play mode will start freezing your PS3 system while it's loading content to start your team's next game or sometimes after the post-game interview. Didn't figure out that these system lockups are not isolated to me until I searched the web for others experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately, it appears that 2K never bothered patch the game to fix this, so just be aware of that.
-If you buy this game AFTER JANUARY 2015, it may come as a surprise that bonus Virtual Currency (VC) opportunities that 2K Sports used to give away are no longer available, and that you can no longer use the in-game micro-transaction system to buy more VC with real cash.

VC is used in the game to "buy" MyPlayer attribute upgrades, outfits, shoes, etc. In other words, you can't create a player with superstar attributes/skills from the get-go.

You can however earn VCs by simply playing with your favorite team(s) and matchups. You can also earn them with your MyCareer character, if you don't mind playing a character that will struggle through the earlier part of his career.

-The MyNBA2K14 companion app on iOS and Android is gone, so no more bonuses and freebies from that either. We missed out. Boo!

-All Codes you find online have long expired. Yes, 2K Sports set a time limit on the freebies. Now they only give freebies for the 2K15 version.
on July 25, 2014
NBA 2K has come a long way and each year the game steps up it's game with improvements. If you are a basketball fan and love NBA2K, I don't see why you shouldn't own this. What stands out for this year is the my career where you start out as a rookie and build up your own player. You earn money to where you can spend improving your stats to make your player better. I don't really like the whole social media factoring into the mode, but then again in this age, social media does account into NBA star players, so I guess it's somewhat going for the accurate presentation. Controls get taking used to, they changed a few things as far as control stick for freestyle shooting. I still really hate that you can't control how you pass. For example, I want to be able to choose whether to bounce pass, or lob pass, or just a straight chest pass. I can control to score a million ways, why can't I control a simple thing like how I pass. So many plays that were ruined because of the computer deciding a dumb pass that is easily stolen by the opponent. I hope 2K really implement that into the game.
on May 25, 2017
Played this game like crazy. The 2k franchise knows what its doing because they keep me hooked year after year. Love this franchise!
If you haven't played these games, you need to!
on February 11, 2014
As many other avid 2K fans out there, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of this game. The graphics are good but not PS4 great and that's just where the problems begin. I play mostly MyCareer and I love that mode. My biggest problem with this game is the fact that 2K basically did nothing to improve 2K13 on the PS3 format. Instead, they focused all their energy making 2K14 good for the PS4. I don't know what they were thinking but everybody ain't rich out so we can't just go out and buy the PS4 as soon as it releases. If they had spent even half the time developing this game, like they did on the PS4, then I wouldn't have any complaints. They don't even try to make patches to improve the gameplay.

2K needs to refresh this game on a whole. We are all tired of the one voice for the player in MyCareer (and insert other complaints here). If you want a good basketball game and all you got is the PS3 then this is your only option. Keeping that in mind, don't get your hopes up about having a better game than 2K13. It's only worth it if you absolutely need to play with updated rosters. Otherwise, just keep balling on 2K13 until you can afford a PS4 and the next gen game.
on December 18, 2016
This game is only good for two players playing against each other. Don't bother playing the CPU. Even on rookie mode (easiest game mode setting) you cannot win. I have seen many many games where the computer cheats, but this one is by far the absolute worst! Horrible game because of this.
on March 1, 2016
Its okay! I think this game is tailored at times to cheat! I had teams scoring from all over the place and I was shooting nothing but bricks, when I know my player skills are at the max! Additionally, during the ALL-STAR week, when I finish the dunk contest the game gives me no option but to quit and I never play the ALL-STAR game. That has happened twice in a row and is simply just bad programming. I had played one ALL-STAR game and that was in the very beginning when I first bought this game. It sucks in that aspect. Overall, its quite entertaining.
on January 29, 2014
What’s good:

Brilliant in game presentation.
MyCareer is an incredibly in depth experience.
Gameplay is challenging and flows smoothly.
Commentary is some of the best in any sports game.

What’s bad:

Menu interface is bloated.
No tutorial introducing newcomers to the game.
A bit too much focus on Jay Z’s contributions.

NBA 2K13 is a brilliantly fun basketball game and one for all basketball fans to pick up. Casual sports game fans should also pick this up as it’s good to play against others. Sure there are a few things 2K can improve, like the menu interface and the inclusion of a tutorial, but once you get a hang of it NBA 2K13 is a great experience.
on January 2, 2016
This game was such a great value. It was one of the main things my son wanted for Christmas and I couldn't find it anywhere in stores because it's a bit older version but once again, Amazon came to my rescue. He loves it and plays it all the time.
on May 1, 2014
This is a fun game and definitely realistic, although the constant freezing before games or during games for a wide range of game modes makes it almost unplayable. Just do a google search - the freezing is widespread and almost everyone who owns the game on PS3 experiences it at some point. 2K customer support offers a solution to delete the game data, which requires you to lose any customizations, shoes, and possibly VC that you spent money on. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted playing an entire game just to have it freeze at the very end. Like I said, awesome game, but the freezing glitch makes it unplayable for pretty much everyone.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.