About the Product
- Controls simple enough for those new to sports games yet with enough depth to satisfy passionate gamers who seek challenge around every corner
- NBA JAM has the off-the-charts fun factor of the original with updated gameplay that looks and feels better than ever
- Brand new Remix Tour that features exciting new game modes (21, Elimination, Domination, Backboard Smash), power ups, 1 on 1 Boss Battles against NBA legends and more
- Earn and unlock more than 100 cheat codes, secret characters and legendary NBA players
- Play Solo, Versus or Co-op modes using their choice of motion or Classic Controllers on the Wii
Customers who bought this item also bought
EA SPORTS is bringing NBA JAM to a 2010 audience with everything that fans remember about the original (revolutionary visuals, over-the top gameplay and numerous unlocks and cheat codes) PLUS a full menu of all-new game modes. The winner of 8 "Best Sports Game of E3" award, including the Game Critics Award, NBA JAM is a high-octane video game that is fun for everyone!
NBA JAM for Wii is an unique multiplayer arcade style basketball game that mixes the over-the-top fun of the original old school coin operated two-on-two game, and later console versions, with slick modern NBA characters and stylings. Designed with the Wii in mind, along with a distinct visual style incorporating specific player likeness', this version of the game contains a variety of game modes not found in other console versions, as well as a variety of controller support options, unlockables and representation from every team in the league.
The Return of Classic Arcade Basketball
Featuring the sights and sounds that fans of the franchise will instantly recognize, EA Sports' NBA JAM mixes old school and new school round ball stylings to deliver a one-of-a-kind sports presentation on the Wii. In this all-new arena for the game, shoves, spins and of course, backboard smashing dunks take center stage in the classic two vs. two gameplay that lies at the core of NBA JAM. In these battles, every team in the league is represented, with your favorite NBA marquee players from each ready to do your bidding in the paint, in transition and maybe, even on D. Specific to the Wii, players can choose from all new motion controls as you flip the Wii Remote on its side, or plug in the Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro and jump in using classic controls and play option. Over-the-top NBA arcade action awaits, as well as few special appearances on the hardwood that NBA fans must see to believe.
Distinct Art Style
In addition to frenetic MVP action, NBA JAM brings photo realism to the Wii. Unmatched player likeness and reactions exaggerate the outrageous moves that make up the core JAM experience, elevating the already intense gameplay to new heights. Couple all this with a wealth of game modes, classic JAM gameplay, and loads of real NBA characters and unlockables, you’ll see why the revival of NBA JAM on the Wii is a slam dunk on any gamer's home court.
Key Game Features
- An Enhanced Original - EA Sports' version of NBA JAM has the off-the-charts fun factor of the original with updated gameplay that looks and feels better than ever.
- All-New Remix Tour - Play NBA JAM like never before in the brand new Remix Tour that features exciting new game modes (21, Elimination, Domination, Backboard Smash), power ups, 1 on 1 Boss Battles against NBA legends and more.
- Unlockables Galore - Players of NBA JAM can earn and unlock more than 100 cheat codes, secret characters and legendary NBA players. Secret characters were a big part of the original and EA Sports is committed to keeping the spirit of past unlocks alive.
- Player Likeness - Witness as the past and future collide in the visuals of NBA JAM. A distinct art style that screams JAM from the moment you boot up the game is mashed with the most realistic player likeness ever seen on the Wii, creating a presentation that is unlike anything you've seen but yet is strangely familiar.
- Many Ways to Play the Game - Fans can play Solo, Versus (against another player) or Co-op (with another player against the AI) modes using their choice of motion or Classic Controllers on the Wii. No matter how you like to play the game, you will have tons of fun playing NBA JAM.
- A True "Pick up and Play" Experience - The gestures on the Wii are very simple for those new to sports games yet also have enough depth to satisfy passionate gamers who seek challenges around every corner.
- Full League Representation - The top three players, as chosen by the fans, from every NBA team in the are featured in NBA JAM, but that's not all. Over 100 unlockable teams, characters, privileges, and mascots are also playable.
- Award-winning Fun - NBA JAM is the winner of eight "Best Sports Game of E3" award, including the Game Critics Award.
Unique arcade realism.
Pick-up and play jams.
2-4 player support.
All-stars from every team.
Top Customer Reviews
The graphics are very good. Players faces look like the actual guys, especially when you kick in the big head mode. There's a ton of modes to play. You can do the classic campaign or go into a Remix mode career that let's you play with power ups like power, quickness, speed, crazy crossovers and instant "fire". The computer sometimes seems to cheat to catch up when their down big, but that was in the old game, and it does always make for heated matchups. But the most fun you will have is playing with 3 other friends. 2 on 2 is the ultimate multiplayer experience. We played for 3 hours last night and didn't want to stop! With the huge amount of unlockables you can unlock, this game has a lot of replay value. Only it's lack of online play cuts it short from being nearly perfect. If you never played NBA Jam before, never fear, it's fun as long as you don't mind it's crazy dunks, and insane aspects. If you have played Jam before, this is the best Jam ever made and hopefully is only the beginning for the series on this gen of consoles. Boomshockalaka!
Gameplay - 5/5
Graphics - 4.5/5 (but who cares)
Controls - 5/5
Fun Factor - 5/5
Overall Package - 4/5 (considering the lack of online options and Mii integration)
Closing Comments - For the gamer who wishes to relive the days of frantic arcade dunks and blocks ("He's on fire!!!"), I would highly recommend this masterpiece. For the gamer who has never played NBA Jam, I'd recommend renting before purchasing...just to be on the safe side.
Playing NBA Jam on the Wii has been a real treat, that reminded me immediately of why I've always liked this game so much. Jam on the Wii perfectly captures my memories of how great the game was (and that is hard to do, b/c going back and playing the original I've found it hasn't aged particularly well).
The gameplay is fast and furious and fun.
There are additional modes, and it is nice to be able to play them co-op, but the majority of my time here will be spent in the simple pick-up and play 4-player versus mode. This is one of the best same-room multiplayer games in existence. Always has been. While the Wii misses online, not playing with people in the same room ruins the fun anyway.
All that said, I'm somewhat on the fence about the motion controls. I recommend getting a Classic Controller for the game, though you might find you prefer the motion controls. Dunking by emphatically swinging the controller down is just FANTASTIC! Accidentally jumping and missing a block/rebound/shot b/c you moved your hand too much is frustrating, but it is also occasional and avoidable (and I love the feeling of draining a long-distance jumper by moving the remote).
Overall, I love the game. It's immediately become the favorite to play with friends at my place (and work!). If you enjoy the crazy excitement of the NBA, the funniest and most fun commentary ever found in a sports game, or just want to play the best basketball game ever made, you probably should check this game out. Personally, I highly recommend it ;).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this game. Loved the old Sega version. Love the version on my kindle. Can't get enough. Have unlocked almost everyone.