+ $3.99 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Perform like real NBA stars in this exciting basketball experience
- All-new animation system for authentic 5-on-5 gameplay
- New graphics engine provides striking detail and realism
- Commentators include voice of Marv Albert and former NBA star Steve Kerr
- NBA All-Star Weekend available as stand-alone game mode or within Dynasty mode
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
EA Sports Freestyle Air
The NBA Live 06 gameplay is more authentic than it has ever been. Every aspect of NBA basketball has beencaptured in this version. Players will play more like their real life counterparts, users will have the ability to lead fast breaks, dunk over top of defenders, fake out defenders with passes, shoot runners and floaters, run authentic NBA offensivesets, preserve their momentum when maneuvering around the court, and the mid range game is back. The Freestyle Superstars feature has opened up the game so users now have more control over what their in-game experience is. Freestyle Superstarsmeans better looking players who play like their real-life counter parts and have the ability to express emotion.
- Freestyle Superstars: You are in control of the top NBA stars,performing like their real-life counterparts based on distinct character types, including Power, Playmaker, Stopper and more.
- Authentic 5-on-5 Gameplay: The all-new animation system helps to visually present theup-tempo, fast-break brand of basketball that makes the NBA thrive. Also featured, is an improved transition game and a more physical brand of play with collisions and dunked-on scenarios.
- New Player Visuals: A newgraphics engine now has player models not only playing and acting like their real life counterparts, but looking the part with striking detail and realism.
- The Voices of the NBA: Joining Marv Albert is new colorcommentator and former NBA star Steve Kerr. The on-air TV partners call the 5-on-5 action, while Ernie Johnson and Kenny Smith bring their own unique flavor to the Slam Dunk Contest and 3-Point Shootout.
- NBA All-StarWeekend: NBA All-Star Wee
From the Manufacturer
Feel the emotion and intensity of the complete basketball experience with NBA Live 06. With a totally enhanced transition game, take the point and deliver fast-break passes on the fly as teammates run the lanes awaiting your pass. On defense, get inside and feel what its like to block a dunk--or to be dunked on--as big bodies collide under the basket. Will you live in the paint or set up camp outside the arc? The choice is yours. With major gameplay advancements and enhanced player graphics, the sport of basketball is elevated to a whole new level.
- Freestyle superstars: NBA superstars jump to life with an enhanced freestyle control. Players now perform based on distinct character types: Power, Highflyer, Playmaker, Scorer, Sharpshooter, and Stopper.
- Modify your superstars: Convert a Playmaker into a Scorer, a High-Flyer into a Stopper, and more. With a unique set of play settings, each Superstar is now armed with distinct passes, dunks, or signature moves.
- Up-tempo basketball: fast-break basketball is back with an all-new game engine that lets the Freestyle Superstars exhibit their talents in the open court.
- Stunning visuals: players not only play and act like their real-life counterparts, but with a new graphics engine, they truly look the part.
- A deeper Dynasty mode: On the court, players physical attributes and abilities evolve throughout their careers. Off the court, create a staff with assistants, scouts, and trainers who assist in player development and progression throughout the year.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Graphics: As long as you have a decent video card etc the graphics of the game are as good if not better then ever. The stadiums look absolutely fantastic and the crowd, bench and coach detail is remarkable. The creators have still not quite got the players looking as smooth as possible but still a vast improvement on previous years. The close up video shots in timeouts etc look just like the real players.
Sound: At first the sound appeared to be brilliant as far as commentary goes, with different combinations on different games even. However as is always the case there are certain phrases and such which appear to be coming out constantly and every now and then a random comment which seems to have nothing to do with what is happening in the game. Great commentary in a game will be a tough aspect to master, and they haven't done it yet.
Gameplay: The general gameplay is excellent. The freestyle aspects to ball handling is a huge plus in the games favour and gives you a lot more control over what you player does with the ball. The penetrating and passing/rotating around the three point line to find an open man is fantastic, probably the most enjoyable gameplay yet. However one of the biggest downfalls of the game in my opinion is some of the unrealistic aspects of the game including the fact that the offense almost averages an offensive rebound per offensive play. Defenders (whom you are not contolling) out of position quite a bit.
Features: The features in the series are getting better and better. With the All - star weekend, 3 point competition, fantastic dynasty mode.
Lasting appeal: For players who enjoy the game the everlasting appeal of the game is fantastic. THe dynastic mode lets you take control of a team, hire staff, trade players etc as well as play the games. Great stats and players of the month are great extras in the mode. Of course there is always the multiplayer option and online play.
Overall: Not the perfect NBA Live game but in my opinion the best yet and you can easily look past the few downfalls and get long-lasting enjoyement out of the newest addition to the NBA Live series.
I can hardly make a shot (in easy mode) while the opponent makes EVERY single one. But all in all after getting over the less than acceptable polygon rendering and you (I) really get entrenched in the game you kinda forget that your playing with stiff expressionless half-baked polygons.
I can't make a free throw...how do you make a freethrow in this game???
Purchase at your own leisure...I'll still play it (not that I'll really enjoy it) afterall I already bought it.