Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Garth Brooks Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2013
If you plan to use this with any digital ballasts then go with a different product that has internal RF shielding such as BlueLab. The meter will not read accurately at all while the ballasts are on so there isnt much point in spending 160$ on a product that doesnt do what it was designed to do. This company has designed these units for the old magnetic ballasts and havent yet caught up with the new technology. When ballasts are off, its a great product and reads very accurately.
Now the company on amazon "hydroponics market" that sells this product is very unprofessional and I do NOT recommend them at all. I asked if they would refund me or just allow me to exchange for a product that would work and they said they would get back to me by email but they never did, and now they just completely ignore me everytime I try to contact them. Obviously they dont stand behind the sub par products they sell.
on July 21, 2013
To start off, I'm a huge sucker for quality. I am not afraid to pay an extra dollar or two for something that I know will work. As far as pH/PPM meters go.. I have used Milwaukee pH600, and the BlueLab PPM/TDS meter. I paid more at the grow store for both of those hand-helds, for what I paid for this online. I just recently switched to DWC agriculture, so it is a HUGE bonus to being able to keep these in the reservoir at all times. I've kept it in the bucket for 3 months now; calibrating once a month just to be safe. I bought this exact same model at my local grow store, but recently picked one up for a buddy on amazon. I haven't compared this product to the BlueLab meter of the same type.. I can't bare to spend $300-$400 to check what my pH/ppm's are.. Not knocking that it may be a superior product, but I'd rather go back to handhelds then spend that kind of money. As far as the Nutradip goes, it comes with a 2 year warranty, which covers the component itself, not the readers themselves. Chances are the unit will go way passed 2 years, but you will have to replace the pH/ppm heads ever year or 2, which will cost you a few bucks. As far as accuracy, it's dead on. Very easy to calibrate; it comes with a screwdriver, but no calibration solution. Chances are, it's not calibrated out of the box. The 2 i've bought so far weren't.. But just spend $10 to get both calibration solutions, and it takes 2 minutes.
22 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 10, 2015
This is my 1 st meter like this. I needed something simple and continuous so I can keep track of my hydro system
So far i believe this is fantastic. Easy to use, Calibrated already. I have redundant meters just to be sure and so far it this has been very accurate
I am sure I will buy another one when I set up my second room
I highly recommend this for your delicate hydro system.
on October 17, 2013
This unit is fantastic. I love being able to monitor at all times with a simple glance. The unit is very accurate. Every time I place a probe in a calibration solution, the unit instantly shows it is dead on! LOVE IT!
on July 26, 2014
I bought two of these. They work good. I have them both testing the same material(most of the time) and they are damn near identical readings. Damn near.
on December 26, 2015
Liked the first one so much we ordered a 2nd
on May 8, 2013
Love the product very much. Helps me keep track of things without several tools.
The only thing I would make certain is that the ppm and Ph is calibrated before use. The vender states it aleady is but I would make certain.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2013
Have had it running a week or so and I love it. I run a small DWC setup and use this to be able to quick check. Will update if any problems arise.

I bought some PH/PPM test solution just to if it was calibrated good from the factory. It was dead on. Have had it running non stop since I bought it and it works great.

See comments for update, probe went dead
on March 1, 2015
didn't match the scale i needed
on July 4, 2013
This item is a must have for any Gardner - I love it easy to setup great direction and comes pre-calberated from the factory for the PH, I only wish it had a prob to test the soil, this is only for metering the water and chemical mixture as well as the other two metering s, temp and atmosphere.

I highly suggest this product to anyone, it is well worth the money

The only reason I gave it a 4 star is because it dose not have a prob to test the PH in the soil.