Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on November 2, 2011
This is the Swiss Army knife of gadgets: TV, DVD player, radio, mp3, audio input, video and audio out. It comes with a small antenna, and I was able to receive almost all of the digital channels offered in my area. It uses 9 C cell batteries (which makes it good for emergencies). I like the quality of sound; it's not some expensive system, but it's clear, sufficiently loud, and the bass give enough presence.
1010 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
I was very pleased with this product when I got the television working by hooking the antenna that comes with it to the back before scanning it on "Air". I received more than 35 plus stations. The picture was perfect with a little adjustment and so was the DVD and sound. Yet, there is always something to ruin it all. The radio did not work. The FM stereo green light did not lit and the sound was faint and the stations were not coming in clear. I called NAXA and the technician told me to just return it where I bought it because the radio board inside is not working. Also, a couple of buttons on the remote did not work either. So, I called Amazon and they contacted the merchant so I can return it. I will also be returning the 3-year insurance plan I purchased with it as well. I paid for a "brand new" product but that is not what I got. The box was not sealed and the cords inside were just thrown in the box.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 14, 2013
PROS
> All the components worked for me.
> Takes ordinary C-batteries---making it ideal for emergencies.
> TV (digital) picture very good, but small

CONS
> Reception with included antenna poor; only 1 channel in Miami, but excellent when connected to a house antenna
...I tried a Indoor Digital Tv Antenna which only brought in a few more channels, all UHF (that is, channels 13--69).
> Dried line of glue across one of the speakers suggest poor quality of assembly.
> Remote takes "weird" batteries---no so good for emergencies---why not AAAs like my big $4000 TV?
> Old "C" batteries which test as good will not run TV functions---so if the TV is for emergencies, have lots of backup batteries.
> Screen small (considerably smaller than the photo implies), fine for emergencies, but not so great for personal viewing.

> Click on “Stoney” just below the product title to see my other reviews, or leave a comment to ask a question.
on July 16, 2012
I purchased the product to use during the loss of electricity during a storm/hurricane. Plugged in, the unit was great. Unfortunately, the battery compartment was so poorly made that it would not hold batteries in place. Since I was unable to operate unit on battery power, I returned it. This is first item I've ever returned to Amazon.com and it was a breeze.
on March 10, 2012
I was very surprised at the quality of the picture on this small TV. I purchased it to use during storms and other emergency situations. As well as operating on AC, it uses alkaline batteries so you can keep spares and never wonder if the batteries are charged enough to last through the storm. It also accepts the new digital broadcasts without the need of a converter that requires AC and would be useless during power outages. It's a nice little TV and everything on it works just fine.
on February 2, 2017
I bought this little TV for trips to northwoods cottages which rarely have satellite hookup or even TV's. Our family had done this for many years before everything went digital, but of course those older model portable TV's are now useless. Unfortunately, this one has so far been nearly so. This has nothing to do with the unit itself, but rather the signals available. Back in the analog days, no matter how remote the location we could always count on a viewable signal from at least one station, especially at night. I guess digital just doesn't work that way. It's sort of all-or-nothing-- either you have a perfect signal or it won't even try. I cannot tell you how frustrating this has been! I suppose this unit could come with a larger, more powerful antenna, but I've done a little research and would need a rooftop version to get useful signal in places where rabbit ears were once fine and dandy. Again, frustrating! Back home in the city this unit works fine. The picture is surprisingly crisp and though small, at least a step up from a smartphone. The speakers are what you would expect from a unit like this. It's kind of a pain to program at first, which you'll have to do at each new signal location (do NOT lose the directions or you will never remember how!). I wish I could do more of the programming on the unit itself and not just with the remote, which is very small and hard to read. I am amazed I haven't lost it yet. But those are mostly minor issues, and if I could get a signal where I had hoped I would be quite satisfied with the purchase. So my recommendation depends on where you plan to use the thing. If in the garage, backyard or maybe a camping trip with the kids not too far from town, I think you'll be happy with it. If, like me, you're hoping to replace an old analog version for use in more remote areas, I guess those days are gone.
on August 5, 2014
As with so many gizmos these days, the user interface sucks. For example. to play a CD you must turn a knob to "Aux-in/TV DVD," then use the remote to select "TV/DVD" (Didn't I already do that with the knob control? Yes, but no matter; just keep pressing the buttons I'm telling you to press.), then press the remote's "down arrow" to select DVD instead of TV (Never mind that you've already selected DVD twice and that you don't want to play a DVD but a CD instead), then press the "OK" button. Way to go!

The above procedure applies for playing a CD in place of a DVD. When playing DVDs, get used to watching the blue Warning legal mumbo jumbo for its full interminable 10 seconds. Why? Because the unit is incapable of remembering where you left off watching the DVD. So you must get familiar with the SKIP FORWARD and SKIP BACKWARD buttons which are called "PREV/LEFT and NEXT/RIGHT." In other words, whoever designed the interface was not a native English speaker.

While you're learning the bizarre nomenclature of this unit, note that the remote contains 27 buttons and the unit itself contains 37. That's 64 buttons with cryptic labels like "FR UP, FF DOWN and "DVD/USB/SD." Good luck.
on March 1, 2015
This unit has it all...It features watching crisp digital tv with the digital magnetic vehicle roof top antenna included... Remote, 12 volt vehicle plug in, plays cd's, dvd's, am / fm radio with bass boost button, features a usb to play music & movies on the flash drive, sd card socket, mic input with vol. level, built on am/fm stereo antenna, fm stereo green indicator light, red power light, can change digital stations on top of the tv buttons as well on remote. 3 way power 12 v. vehicle plug included, 120 v plug for home power, and also has on the bottom of the tv a c size 6 batteries compartment for total portability for all features in demand. I bought 6 C size rechargeable batteries and rechargers for it in case i loose power.... If you use regular or alkaline batteries they will drain fast....It's smarter to buy rechargables and will save alot of $$.... It is also light weight with batteries ....It's fun to watch digital tv on my patio porch, camping at night in nice weather before the mosquitoes reproduces lol....
on September 12, 2014
It's Ok,antenna that comes with it is useless indoors, instruction book is terrible and remote doesn't do the essential things like turn it on and off or adjust the volume. That said I bought it for the kitchen and emergencies, the picture is ok, stereo is good, dvds and cds good(it doesn't tell you but plays cds also) connected it to a Winegard antenna and it pulled in 63 channels. The instruction book really stinks, you have to figure things out for yourself by trying things. Worth the money considering all it does and ability to run off batteries, car or AC. Radio worked well and got good reception on both am and fm.
on January 4, 2015
I'll make this short and sweet. (I'm only reviewing the DVD player and TV portion using 9XC cell batteries.)
-The picture is outstanding, although I live in a large metropolitan area, so I get strong digital signals.
-The sound is good.
-In DVD mode, you only get 2 hours from Duracell batteries
-Surprisingly in TV mode you also only get approximately 2 hours from Duracell batteries..
- And to get the above (approximate) two hours of DVD and TV, you need to shut off the unit for 10-15 minutes to let the batteries cool down during that 2 hour period.
-I ran the test with 2 sets of Duracells. One test with a battery expiration date of 2013.And one set of batteries with an expiration date of 2023. With either set of batteries, the results were the same...approximately two hours of play with a brief cool down period That says a lot for the shelf life capacity of Duracells,'. That is:.Duracell batteries bought years apart enabled the unit to play approximately the same 2 hour period.in both DVD and TV mode.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.