Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,370 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,562 reviews
on December 29, 2011
Check out this video review of the CN-160. I highly recommend using this light. It was a lifesaver in a low light wedding event. I mainly shoot video, so this light is awesome for the $$. This light is so bright, I've even used it as a fill light in various lighting situations.

Update:
After using the light a little longer, I'm still a huge fan for the price. However, I should mention a couple of cons (all of which are minor imo).
1. The tungsten filter is too orange for my tastes. So, if you are relying on this light because of the tungsten filter, you may want to reconsider or make your own filter. There's a nice little slot where the filters slide into.
2. The construction is plastic, however, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's cheap plastic. I feel comfortable with the construction, but don't expect it to be indestructible.

All in all, this light still gets 5 stars.
5150+ comments| 2,204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
Pretty great. I have used it in a couple of shoots since I got it, its very consistent and very bright. I'll upload some pictures.
review image review image
44 comments| 320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2015
Fast setups! I have used pro gear, and I have used these. I have to say I was really impressed with what I was able to achieve in such a short amount of time with these lights. They are light, easy to move (when on stands), and easy to control.

The first still is from a night shoot that we had zero ambient light for. I setup a 300W softbox in the back, and lit mostly with about 4-5 of these LED lights. The dimmers are a must, because sometimes you just need to bring out a little texture in the background, but not the whole deal.

The second still shows how the light performs as an edge/back light, I also used a second light to bring out the ambulance, and that's where the dimmer comes in handy. His key was two 300w soft boxes. (I'm not saying this is an amazing lighting setup, but, just wanted to show how they can work in a professional environment - they are so quick and simple.)

The 3rd and 4th stills highlight a cool effect that I just recently started doing, which is pointing these lights right into the camera just off frame to give flares when you're just shooting fairly static and inactive B-roll. With a heavy tungsten light, this would be an arduous ordeal, but, because the lights are so light, portable, and dimmable, it takes a few minutes to get a really cool effect.

If I had to do it over again, I would have sprung for the F970 batts for just a little more peace of mind. I have about six of the F550s, which, are good for about an hour, but, if you're doing any sort of serious shooting and you're trying to move quickly, and then you have to hold up the interview because you need to change out a batt on your lights, that's pretty bad.

Excellent overall though, when used correctly. I have three in my light kit at all times.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2016
Perfect for in studio video lighting--very bright but can control/dim the brightness. Nice daylight type light. I'm using AA batteries but may purchase the recharchable battery pack, depending on how well the lights hold up. However, they don't seem ruggedly built; if I needed equipment that I had to frequently take on the go, I'd probably look for lights with a little better quality housing that could withstand getting tossed into a bag, dropped, etc. These do feel like if they were dropped, the plastic housing would smash to bits... But for my needs (table top video tutorials for YouTube), they are quite sufficient, especially for the price.
on December 5, 2016
"ya gets what ya pays for". I can see a lot of potential applications for this light but not as a primary unit. The light it exudes seems to be fine, and the filters (diffusion and 3200) work ok. I don't know if they make additional filters for the unit but that'd be good if they do. Overall construction material seems pretty cheap. The battery compartment is open, thus exposing the batteries and connections to the elements like moisture and dust. The clamp for the hot shoe requires some manipulation to seat properly.
Overall, I have to say that this unit strikes me as something I can use, but not count on.
on May 2, 2017
As with everything else I've bought from NEEWER I would rate it as a great value version of other far more expensive products. So why the 4 stars. A couple of reasons.

First is the build quality. It feels a little light. Great for not getting tired arms but it doesn't instill confidence in the build quality furthermore all the switches feel cheap. The unit is nowhere close to weather proof.

Second while the option of using multiple types of batteries is great. I found out it has a significant parasitic or "turned off" draw. While rocking the (6x)AA configuration I put fresh batteries in it before packing up and going on a week and a half trip. I never needed to use the light on that trip so it spent the whole time off in the pelican case. Upon return I switched it on and to my surprise the batteries were DOA. That's a pretty hefty draw for a light that is turned off. Now on my "pack the camera" checklist there is a step to remove the batteries from the light along with packing a backup set.

In use however, it does all Ii expect of it.. It's REALLY BRIGHT and in general a decent product with a few minor things described above to be aware of. For someone who is more of a hobbiest and will probably never make the money back I've spent on gear this is a great option to the far more expensive professional products. If things change and I start doing for pay work I might look at upgrading to something that addresses the above issues.
on February 29, 2016
PAID :: $29.99 - 1/29/16

PURPOSE :: Cheap Fill Light and possible 'hair light'. Needs to be portable & non-digital.

CONCERNS :: The cost is high for what it is. There are better deals, but I am not sure of the other LED Fill lights quality. MY next fill light purchase will be the LimoStudio 160 LED Video Light Lamp Panel Dimmable for DSLR Camera DV Camcorder, AGG1318 ... after I check it out, I will be able to see if this deserves 5 stars...the factors bringing this light down are COST, WEIGHT & KIT VALUE.

RESULTS :: Really can't complain, it works well...I like using rechargeable AA's instead of camera batteries, but this can do both as needed. The little accessories all function & fit.

FINAL OPINION :: This unit can put a lot of light on a subject within 6 feet, anything past that & you get a sharp drop in illumination. The filters do a fair job at altering the light K temps. The analog power/dimmer switch is reliable, the battery tester appears accurate for what it is.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
UPDATES :: Working fine months later, the unit can have batteries in it while stored & won't drain them. I am happy with this light, with full load of alkaline batteries (6) it can be a bit heavy. Light is fine within 6' range.
on January 30, 2016
Ok, were do I start with this light.....If you are shopping around just stop here and buy! This thing is great!

1. Has intensity gain that is sensitive and works very well.
2. Comes with two shades, a protector for both shades and an instruction paper explains how to use them if you don't know.. That's nice!
3. Has the option to use six double "A" batteries or sold separately the rechargeable battery option. (Don't buy the battery adapter for the rechargeable battery, They ship this with the light) This is great because if you are on a budget you can use regular AA batteries to until you can afford the rechargeable pack for the light which buy the way is not bad. You will get two batteries for the price of $35.00. Yheap that's right TWO...
4. Comes with quick shoe attachments and can mount to standard shoes. This is great because you will not need to buy any extra parts. Just unbox the product, place in some batteries an boom! You are up and running in seconds.

I cannot speak about this product enough. It's well worth your money. I had a person ask me will it light up a dark room....yheap sure will even with the shade on! BUY THIS YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.
on July 14, 2016
I strongly recommend that if you DO purchase this or any similar devices that you also purchase at LEAST one LI-ION battery and charger, don't waste your money on high powered AA batteries, try to be a little greener than that. I bought the Wasabi Battery Wasabi Power Battery for Sony NP-FH70, NP-FH60 (2400mAh) and Sony DCR-DVD650, DCR-HC20, DCR-HC21, DCR-HC22, DCR-HC48, DCR-HC51, DCR-HC52, DCR-HC53, DCR-HC62, DCR-SR42, DCR-SR45, DCR-SR65, DCR-SR82, DCR-SR85, DCR-SR200, HDR-CX7, HDR-CX100, HDR-HC9, HDR-SR7, HDR-SR8, HDR-SR10, HDR-SR11, HDR-SR12, HDR-XR500V and the Vivitar charger VIVITAR CHARGER - SONY FH SERIES - . - SCFH100 for same, don't make the mistake of relying on AA batteries, but if you need to in an emergency, they'll work in a pinch.
on December 18, 2016
First off, I want to mention the price. As I searched for on-camera lights, many of the name brand products were relatively expensive (around $100-$150), so I decided to settle for this one. It does have the hot shoe mount, so it will fit on most DSLR's, stabilizers, and tripods. The mount slips in and you can adjust the tightness with a little screw. The light runs on a variety of batteries, but for me I just used 6 AA's and they worked perfectly fine. Just make sure to tape the back with electrical tape or duct tape if using batteries so they will not fall out. It does not come with a case, but it does come with two filters, a diffuser and a 3200k effect, with their own small case. The light was much brighter than I thought it would be, so that's nice. Just make sure to use the diffuser filter as you increase brightness so as to reduce glare and harming your subject's eyes. Overall, a very nice and cheap product that surpassed my expectations.