Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,340 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,528 reviews
on December 29, 2011
Check out this video review of the CN-160. I highly recommend using this light. It was a lifesaver in a low light wedding event. I mainly shoot video, so this light is awesome for the $$. This light is so bright, I've even used it as a fill light in various lighting situations.

Update:
After using the light a little longer, I'm still a huge fan for the price. However, I should mention a couple of cons (all of which are minor imo).
1. The tungsten filter is too orange for my tastes. So, if you are relying on this light because of the tungsten filter, you may want to reconsider or make your own filter. There's a nice little slot where the filters slide into.
2. The construction is plastic, however, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's cheap plastic. I feel comfortable with the construction, but don't expect it to be indestructible.

All in all, this light still gets 5 stars.
5150+ comments| 2,190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2014
Pretty great. I have used it in a couple of shoots since I got it, its very consistent and very bright. I'll upload some pictures.
review image review image
44 comments| 316 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2015
Fast setups! I have used pro gear, and I have used these. I have to say I was really impressed with what I was able to achieve in such a short amount of time with these lights. They are light, easy to move (when on stands), and easy to control.

The first still is from a night shoot that we had zero ambient light for. I setup a 300W softbox in the back, and lit mostly with about 4-5 of these LED lights. The dimmers are a must, because sometimes you just need to bring out a little texture in the background, but not the whole deal.

The second still shows how the light performs as an edge/back light, I also used a second light to bring out the ambulance, and that's where the dimmer comes in handy. His key was two 300w soft boxes. (I'm not saying this is an amazing lighting setup, but, just wanted to show how they can work in a professional environment - they are so quick and simple.)

The 3rd and 4th stills highlight a cool effect that I just recently started doing, which is pointing these lights right into the camera just off frame to give flares when you're just shooting fairly static and inactive B-roll. With a heavy tungsten light, this would be an arduous ordeal, but, because the lights are so light, portable, and dimmable, it takes a few minutes to get a really cool effect.

If I had to do it over again, I would have sprung for the F970 batts for just a little more peace of mind. I have about six of the F550s, which, are good for about an hour, but, if you're doing any sort of serious shooting and you're trying to move quickly, and then you have to hold up the interview because you need to change out a batt on your lights, that's pretty bad.

Excellent overall though, when used correctly. I have three in my light kit at all times.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
The NEEWER CN 160 LED light is a great way to brighten up your videos or pictures. It has a connection for the hot shoe, and it also is adjustable so you can point it any direction you prefer. The light has a dial so you can adjust how bright or dim you would like your light to be. I will say though it does get very bright so using it without a filter can make your shots look extremely lit up, however with this set you get two separate filters. The filters are meant to use for different filming situations, they give you a yellow toned filter to give you a warmer color or to use when you are inside using indoor lighting, you also get a white filter for more softer lighter shots, this can be used when you are outside or by a window using natural light. It is very compact and portable so it would be great to take when you are traveling. The only thing I found to be bothersome is that it doesn't come with a battery so if you want to use this right out of the box you will need to purchase one or you can use 6 AA batteries. It does drain the AA batteries really fast so you're going to want to purchase tons of these or I would suggest buying a couple that are meant for this light.
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 30, 2016
This light is a good brightlight and comes with one diffuser and 3200k filter. It arrived one day then expected. It also as the capability of taking different batteries such as the Sony FM, Sony FM, Sony FH, Sony F series and Panasonic SD Series instead of only using the standard AA batteries. Only con is that it is delicately built. But all in all I do recommend this light for any photographer or videographer.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 7, 2016
After more than a month of frequent use I can say I'm happy with this light.

The opening on the back allows for the geometry of some rechargeable batteries. I used AA alkaline batteries. The opening was not a problem.

Photos I posted in other reviews have been improved with this CN-160 light. Often I just hold it by hand at a helpful angle.

The variable intensity has been useful. Many of my still shots are taken outdoors, either in sunlight or in daylight filtered through green leaves. This adds a wide range of orange and green to those photos. This CN-160 balanced the light well.

So many people have posted creative work using this light. My photos were an unusual situation. I was trying to show the window of an oven door that had been cleaned with a scraper and a ceramic cleaner. The inside of the window was almost opaque before cleaning. How to show it as very clean? The oven was cold. I put the Neewer CN-160 in the oven. It was easily visible from outside. The individual LEDs of the CN-160 showed clearly through the window in the oven door. The intensity of the light was set to less than half of max output, to balance with the ambient light outside the oven.

For brightness, convenience, and versatility, it is easy to give five stars for this light.

For cleaning the glass I used Lainnir Glass Ceramic Cooktop Cleaner. Worked well.
review image review image review image review image
on September 17, 2016
Perfect for in studio video lighting--very bright but can control/dim the brightness. Nice daylight type light. I'm using AA batteries but may purchase the recharchable battery pack, depending on how well the lights hold up. However, they don't seem ruggedly built; if I needed equipment that I had to frequently take on the go, I'd probably look for lights with a little better quality housing that could withstand getting tossed into a bag, dropped, etc. These do feel like if they were dropped, the plastic housing would smash to bits... But for my needs (table top video tutorials for YouTube), they are quite sufficient, especially for the price.
on December 6, 2016
Works great. However, I don't get why it *does not* have a back leaving the batteries to be seen! Did mine simply just not come with one? I see others have stated no back also. Otherwise I would have given 5 stars.
review image
on December 5, 2016
"ya gets what ya pays for". I can see a lot of potential applications for this light but not as a primary unit. The light it exudes seems to be fine, and the filters (diffusion and 3200) work ok. I don't know if they make additional filters for the unit but that'd be good if they do. Overall construction material seems pretty cheap. The battery compartment is open, thus exposing the batteries and connections to the elements like moisture and dust. The clamp for the hot shoe requires some manipulation to seat properly.
Overall, I have to say that this unit strikes me as something I can use, but not count on.
on May 2, 2017
As with everything else I've bought from NEEWER I would rate it as a great value version of other far more expensive products. So why the 4 stars. A couple of reasons.

First is the build quality. It feels a little light. Great for not getting tired arms but it doesn't instill confidence in the build quality furthermore all the switches feel cheap. The unit is nowhere close to weather proof.

Second while the option of using multiple types of batteries is great. I found out it has a significant parasitic or "turned off" draw. While rocking the (6x)AA configuration I put fresh batteries in it before packing up and going on a week and a half trip. I never needed to use the light on that trip so it spent the whole time off in the pelican case. Upon return I switched it on and to my surprise the batteries were DOA. That's a pretty hefty draw for a light that is turned off. Now on my "pack the camera" checklist there is a step to remove the batteries from the light along with packing a backup set.

In use however, it does all Ii expect of it.. It's REALLY BRIGHT and in general a decent product with a few minor things described above to be aware of. For someone who is more of a hobbiest and will probably never make the money back I've spent on gear this is a great option to the far more expensive professional products. If things change and I start doing for pay work I might look at upgrading to something that addresses the above issues.