Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Dot Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 31, 2013
Like I said is a good product and it fulfills its purpose. I used to lose the cap and I was afraid one time I lost it for sure. Using the cap holder I don't have to worries about it.

I wrote the first review just a couple of weeks after the purchase but now I have a different perspective:

At first it work fine but a couple of moths moths (more than a year) I find it very uncomfortable, maybe because of my shooting style (I like to get out the outdoors and try to get good pictures of my friends or my dog from good angles, so I kneel a lot) so I do not like the cap to be hanging and hitting the camera or the ground. Finally the cord just disattached so I decided to take it out. Now I prefer to save the cap in my pocket or the camera bag, is just a question of a habit.
on July 3, 2012
I have absolutely loved using this lens cap holder. Since I first installed it a few months ago, I've used it multiple times with no problem. I feel completely comfortable just taking the cap off and forgetting about it, because I know this holder will keep it safe for me. It's no muss, no fuss, and it blends in so well that you can barely tell it's on. You can feel the strap a little when you're changing focus on the lens, but it's not a hindrance at all.

The one I received was different than the one pictured - it actually looks better than the picture, and much sturdier. The white circle was not present on the one I received.

A little tip: To make sure that the sticky side of the holder will hold firm, first clean the lens cap with rubbing alcohol and let it dry.

For those paranoid about everything breaking in the mail, here's a little warning: This holder arrived in a simple envelope with no padding. But in my opinion, it didn't need any sort of protective cushioning, so I was super thankful to save on postage for this baby!
on June 16, 2017
Inexpensive way to not lose lens cap. Holds pretty well. If pulled off can be pushed back on easily enough.
on September 18, 2017
Excellent product for keep the cap of lens
on October 8, 2014
I love these little gadgets! I'm famous for setting my lens cap down and forgetting it. This keeps me from losing my lens caps! Glue a little flower or something on them to fancy them up if you don't like the sterile little black ring. It's what I do!
on February 16, 2011
These things are great, i have them for all my lenses and they work as you would expect them to.
The only thing I would improve is the sticky compound - sometimes it would be nice to pull this item off the lens cap. I tried once and it just ripped the sticky sponge material and some of it stuck to the cap. Not a huge deal, I just pulled the rest off and replaced the $0.69 holder.
But for less than a dollar I can't complain, these are great and a must have if you are shooting anything active or with gloves and you don't want to handle the cap.
on July 3, 2016
Sticky part of it came off after couple of months of use.
on June 17, 2015
The adhesive is unreliable and I found that after a week I had to "re-stick" it by warming up the foam cushion of on the lens cap and pressing the connecting cap into it and let cool. That lasted about a week before I had to do it again. Dumped it after a month. Also, the elastic stretched out during that month and kept slipping to the end of my lens.
on July 9, 2011
I am so glad I bought this thing! It is so useful - I don't have to look for a place or person to hold my lens cap.
The round sticky part goes on the lens cap and the elastic goes around the lens. When I take the cap off, I just let it drop and it hangs safely out of the way.
I have 2 of these for each of my lenses.
I have had this thing for 4 years now. I don't have any problem of the glue wearing out or the string breaking, and I'm really rough with it.

The only thing that sometimes bothers me is that when I'm taking a downward shot, the cap hangs in the way, but I work my way around it and it's not that big of a deal.
review image
on May 30, 2013
I got it, I sticked it on a lens cap, and the plastic part (the part that sticks to the lens) immediately cracked into two. The top part, the thread that is inbetween and the lower part that is glued to the cap - became 3 parts.
It all happened in 5 seconds.

I tried another one from the set and it's better - but still the strap, thread and all are of the worst quality that you can expect - and worse. Get yourself one for $5, before you lose your cap and need to buy one for $30.