Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on August 5, 2014
First off, because of the amazing price, I was thinking this would only last about 3 weeks (I was planning on using it a lot). I gotta say, I was wrong. This has been pretty sturdy, and has lasted me about 3 months now. When folded this thing fits perfectly into the laptop/tablet compartment of my lowepro DSLR video backpack. Also, when I was carrying a laptop or an iPad around it was easy to just clip the reflector to the outside of numerous bags using a simple keychain carabiner. The quality of the reflecting surfaces were great, but the zipper felt a bit cheap feeling. Another thing is they decided to go with silver/black instead of silver/white which would have been much more practical. If your are trying to decided whether or not to go to a bigger size, this one is great for handholding (one person photo shoot).
To give you an idea of what each color is used for, here you go:
Silver-used for cloudy days, to add highlights to the subject
Black-Used to block out unwanted light
Gold-Used for portraits to get a warmer skin tone.
White-Neutral color; soft shadows and natural looking
Translucent inner liner-Used to diffuse light; nice effect if done properly
**************************************************************************************************
on November 19, 2011
At less than $4, this reflector set seemed too good a bargain to resist. So far, that analysis is true.

As the product literature shows, this reflector is a single piece that can be transformed to serve as five different reflector types. All five are based around the translucent filter that is held alone when used as a diffuser. Getting another effect involves zipping one of the other pieces over the translucent diffuser. Changing from one to another is quick and simple enough.

My only wrong perception with the product is that I didn't realize everything revolved around the diffuser as a base unit. I had thought that I might be able to use two of the reflectors at once. I was wrong in that perception. I could use two of the reflectors together if I built my own 22" diameter piece as a frame for extra sleeve.

I use this reflector to take pictures of small animals. For photographing a person, maybe this reflector would be too small for complete coverage. For working alone with a small animal, this reflector is the perfect size. I don't have enough hands to manipulate a large reflector, a camera, and occasionally the subject.
on April 8, 2014
I haven't really used this much since I am really just getting into trying out these kind of effects while taking photos, but I am very excited about using this item. The first time this item was supposed to be delivered, something else arrived instead. But this company was AMAZING and instead of having to deal with the return and then waiting for weeks for the correct item, they told me to just keep the mistaken item and they sent me the new one which arrived in 2-5 weeks after it was supposed to originally arrive, but I don't mind that since (again) this is something new I am trying out. It comes in a super small bag at first, but when you open it up, be careful. It will pop out to it's full size!!!! It was really interesting and very flexible. I am very pleased with the customer service I received and will be very happy to order from this company again in the future! YOU WILL LOVE THIS ITEM and I am sure I will love it even more once I start using it.
on October 3, 2014
Good sturdy reflector and having the choice of 5 different ones is awesome.

This is a good buy and gets the job done!
on June 8, 2011
I already owned a 42" profesional 5 in 1 reflector from Adorama and I have found this 22" 5 in 1 reflector to be of equally quality but for a fraction of the price. It's portable and easy to use on location. If you have more than one subject I would recomend a larger reflector but this one works just fine if you have just one subject. For the price and quality this is well worth the purchase.
on October 21, 2013
For the price I gave it a 5 star rating the only thing is I had to go on the internet to see how to refold it and put it back in it's case as there are no instructions with it. But it's really easy to fold once you know how. From my limited use of the reflector so far it will be well worth the price.
on May 28, 2015
This set of reflectors is super handy and cheap too! Yet it's quality, and it should last as long as it's cared for and not manhandled. This size is very adequate for smaller size subjects. I like to use it for shots of nature subjects that are on the smaller side. The Neewer reflectors cut harsh sunlight quite nicely, and lends a beautiful softness to the image. Highly recommended!
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 22, 2015
I am an on location photographer, and this works perfectly for what I need.

Pros:
Lightweight
Perfect size for outside shoot with no assistance
Fits nicely in my camera bag even with it really full.

Cons:
The case it comes in is junk. (zipper broke after first use)

Just so you know:
I no longer use the case. As stated above it broke after one use. However I found a way with the camera bag I have to still be able to fold it up and store or carry so I have it when I need it. Which in turn actually seems to be more convenient. This size I am able to hold easily when the wind blows and it gets the job done, for just the right price.
on January 14, 2014
Absolutely wonderful quality for the price. good size for headshots/portraits/children. I could see this not lasting a very long time if you use it a ton but it's an off brand and at a quarter of the price its great
on December 25, 2013
Works very well, easy to change, and small enough to fit in my camera bag without hassle. I am looking forward to using it this spring for outdoor shoots.