Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on August 5, 2014
First off, because of the amazing price, I was thinking this would only last about 3 weeks (I was planning on using it a lot). I gotta say, I was wrong. This has been pretty sturdy, and has lasted me about 3 months now. When folded this thing fits perfectly into the laptop/tablet compartment of my lowepro DSLR video backpack. Also, when I was carrying a laptop or an iPad around it was easy to just clip the reflector to the outside of numerous bags using a simple keychain carabiner. The quality of the reflecting surfaces were great, but the zipper felt a bit cheap feeling. Another thing is they decided to go with silver/black instead of silver/white which would have been much more practical. If your are trying to decided whether or not to go to a bigger size, this one is great for handholding (one person photo shoot).
To give you an idea of what each color is used for, here you go:
Silver-used for cloudy days, to add highlights to the subject
Black-Used to block out unwanted light
Gold-Used for portraits to get a warmer skin tone.
White-Neutral color; soft shadows and natural looking
Translucent inner liner-Used to diffuse light; nice effect if done properly
**************************************************************************************************
on November 19, 2011
At less than $4, this reflector set seemed too good a bargain to resist. So far, that analysis is true.

As the product literature shows, this reflector is a single piece that can be transformed to serve as five different reflector types. All five are based around the translucent filter that is held alone when used as a diffuser. Getting another effect involves zipping one of the other pieces over the translucent diffuser. Changing from one to another is quick and simple enough.

My only wrong perception with the product is that I didn't realize everything revolved around the diffuser as a base unit. I had thought that I might be able to use two of the reflectors at once. I was wrong in that perception. I could use two of the reflectors together if I built my own 22" diameter piece as a frame for extra sleeve.

I use this reflector to take pictures of small animals. For photographing a person, maybe this reflector would be too small for complete coverage. For working alone with a small animal, this reflector is the perfect size. I don't have enough hands to manipulate a large reflector, a camera, and occasionally the subject.
on June 8, 2011
I already owned a 42" profesional 5 in 1 reflector from Adorama and I have found this 22" 5 in 1 reflector to be of equally quality but for a fraction of the price. It's portable and easy to use on location. If you have more than one subject I would recomend a larger reflector but this one works just fine if you have just one subject. For the price and quality this is well worth the purchase.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 22, 2015
I am an on location photographer, and this works perfectly for what I need.

Pros:
Lightweight
Perfect size for outside shoot with no assistance
Fits nicely in my camera bag even with it really full.

Cons:
The case it comes in is junk. (zipper broke after first use)

Just so you know:
I no longer use the case. As stated above it broke after one use. However I found a way with the camera bag I have to still be able to fold it up and store or carry so I have it when I need it. Which in turn actually seems to be more convenient. This size I am able to hold easily when the wind blows and it gets the job done, for just the right price.
on October 21, 2014
Look, as of writing this, there are already 102 reviews averaging about 4.5 for this product. I'm just going to bump it up another .005 or something.

Anyways, it's exactly what its described as: a 5 in 1 multi-panel reflector. Whereas many people just use the white/silver/gold reflectors, I'd like to bring up the scrim (basically, that panel you can take out once you unzip and remove the reflector with different surfaces).

Well, what's a scrim? It's basically a panel that diffuses light (killing the light), which is useful when shooting in bright sun and you have an assistant or two to hold it. More popular options such as SunBounce or Scrim Jims are crazy expensive compared to the functionality and portability of this one. Granted, it's not as big or wide, but it's one thing I really abuse the heck out of when I'm shooting in bright sun and I just absolutely need to kill a bit of lighting (yes, I know how to shoot against the sun).

Go play around with it and make it more useful than you think it is. :)
on May 28, 2015
This set of reflectors is super handy and cheap too! Yet it's quality, and it should last as long as it's cared for and not manhandled. This size is very adequate for smaller size subjects. I like to use it for shots of nature subjects that are on the smaller side. The Neewer reflectors cut harsh sunlight quite nicely, and lends a beautiful softness to the image. Highly recommended!
review image
on March 8, 2013
For the price, don't even think twice... just click the "Add to Cart" button and don't look back. These reflectors are very well made and perform as well as any other top-name brands.

Depending on your needs, you may want to purchase the larger sizes as well, but in a pinch these are nice. Aside from the reflective capability, I've used them for smaller projects such as backgrounds in some macro photography. One time I used the black side which came in handy to block an ugly background while I was shooting a well done Nightmare Before Christmas cake.

The 5 in 1 colors (gold, silver, translucent, black and white) pop out to a 22" reflector that you zip open to switch to the other colors. When folded back in its pouch the entire system stores at 9". I highly recommend this product.
on February 4, 2014
I have a much larger 42” reflector that I’ve carried around and used for several years. The problem with it is that it’s still pretty large when folded up. It’s not something you can stuff into a camera bag and it’s definitely burdensome when you just want to go minimalist for some quick portraits. But having something that actually fits into a small bag (I can slide this one into the back pocket of my ONA Bowery bag) is great! It does exactly what it’s supposed to do (best for closer head and shoulder shots, or using as a diffuser for a speed-light) and you can’t beat the portability or the price!
on July 20, 2014
A reflector is a must have for any photographer, it is an easy and cheap way to add just a little bit of extra light to your subject. I have used mine in Studio, while shooting Engagement sessions and shooting Family portraits. It is made very well, and I love having the bag to keep it together when I'm not using it. I don't use the Gold reflector side very often, and when I do it is mostly outside to give someone just a little bit of a color to their skin. Every time I tried using the Gold in the Studio it almost gave too much of a "tan". Overall, if you're looking to expand your photography or need to add a little bit of extra light to anything this is the way to go.
on April 7, 2014
To go along with a big upgrade in my flash equipment for my Nikon D90, I purchased this great little set of reflectors. As you can see from the product description, white, gold, and silver reflectors are included, along with a white filter for softening light and opaque black for blocking it completely (like when flares can manifest themselves in your pictures -- hold the opaque element such that it casts a shadow over the front of your lens and you'll kill those flares!)

I was not expecting as fine a quality product as this, given the price, but I was pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to get out and use them in the field!