Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 21, 2015
I took these photos with bad lighting, bad makeup, and no makeup; the images without a reflector are on the left, and the images using the reflectors are on the right. These reflectors helped improve the lighting and quality on each image despite the conditions. I work as a photographer and love natural lighting, but it can be difficult to work with in certain settings...these truly help a lot! I notice a big improvement in skin texture, highlighting, and shadows. It brightens the face and eyes, and brings out definition in the bone structure. I am very happy with this purchase!
review image
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
A reflector is a fantastic tool to have at your disposal. It really solves some vexing lighting issues in what would otherwise be difficult lighting situations. I use a reflector most often outside and it so useful. You can spend a lot of money on reflector screens but this Neewer 32" reflector screen is such an outright bargain, it's hard to resist.

This screen comes with a zippered nylon carry case. The zipper should not be man-handled and works just fine. If you're in a hurry and you start zipping with a lot of force, it may jam up on you or the nylon of the case may get caught in the zipper teeth while zipping. Just slow down and be gentle... it works just fine.

The screen basically deploys itself with a spring-like action and once it has unfolded itself you are presented with a 32" diameter disc that is black on one side and silver on the other. A zipper goes halfway around the outer circumference of black/silver material and when unzipped reveals a gold surface on one side and a white surface on the other. The translucent material comprises the core of the reflector and it is around the translucent core that you zip the outer cover around once you've chosen which color surface you wish to use.

The only issue is the material is quite wrinkled. The wrinkles will diminish womewhat once the reflector is fully expanded but never quite go away completely. It's not a big issue though because the wrinkled appearance of the reflector surface does not significantly affect the light reflected from the surface to your subject.

This is such a great value that even the most budget minded photography can now easily afford this great tool. And once you begin using it you will wish you had had one years ago.
1313 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2011
At less than $4, this reflector set seemed too good a bargain to resist. So far, that analysis is true.

As the product literature shows, this reflector is a single piece that can be transformed to serve as five different reflector types. All five are based around the translucent filter that is held alone when used as a diffuser. Getting another effect involves zipping one of the other pieces over the translucent diffuser. Changing from one to another is quick and simple enough.

My only wrong perception with the product is that I didn't realize everything revolved around the diffuser as a base unit. I had thought that I might be able to use two of the reflectors at once. I was wrong in that perception. I could use two of the reflectors together if I built my own 22" diameter piece as a frame for extra sleeve.

I use this reflector to take pictures of small animals. For photographing a person, maybe this reflector would be too small for complete coverage. For working alone with a small animal, this reflector is the perfect size. I don't have enough hands to manipulate a large reflector, a camera, and occasionally the subject.
on August 5, 2014
First off, because of the amazing price, I was thinking this would only last about 3 weeks (I was planning on using it a lot). I gotta say, I was wrong. This has been pretty sturdy, and has lasted me about 3 months now. When folded this thing fits perfectly into the laptop/tablet compartment of my lowepro DSLR video backpack. Also, when I was carrying a laptop or an iPad around it was easy to just clip the reflector to the outside of numerous bags using a simple keychain carabiner. The quality of the reflecting surfaces were great, but the zipper felt a bit cheap feeling. Another thing is they decided to go with silver/black instead of silver/white which would have been much more practical. If your are trying to decided whether or not to go to a bigger size, this one is great for handholding (one person photo shoot).
To give you an idea of what each color is used for, here you go:
Silver-used for cloudy days, to add highlights to the subject
Black-Used to block out unwanted light
Gold-Used for portraits to get a warmer skin tone.
White-Neutral color; soft shadows and natural looking
Translucent inner liner-Used to diffuse light; nice effect if done properly
I’ve owned a lot of reflectors, some of the very pricey ones, and this is by far the best and most clever one. It gives you five options - four different colored reflector surfaces in a reversable jacket, that can be zipped around a transluscent core, or left off. The core can be used wthout the jacket as a nice-size diffuser. It’s not the same as having four reflectors but I can’t remember ever needing more than one round reflector at a time. The reflector jacket looks well made. The failure point will eventually be the lightweight zipper, but if and when that happens, I imagine I will have gotten plenty of use out of this reflector, one priced so low I won’t worry a lot about it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I'm a fan of NEEWER and this one doesn't disappoint. Yes, its on the cheaper brand side, but who cares right as long as it does a good job and this little fellow does a good job. I actually use this on most if not all of my photo shoots. It's also pretty compact which if you know is a huge huge factor in being happy with this product b/c I can just slip it on the outside pocket of my cam bag and take it out whenever compared to the higher end brands where it's freaking huge and I have to just carry it and throw it on the ground.
on May 23, 2016
This is exactly what I needed. I am a novice photographer, and my sister asked for some help taking photos for a fashion blog. Some quick reading about fashion photography, as well as portrait photography made me realize that a simple flash would not be enough. So I started searching for a reflector.

I knew I needed a 5 in 1 set, because that seems to be the standard, but I have a small budget for my hobby. I found the Neewer 43-inch / 110cm 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector with Bag - Translucent, Silver, Gold, White and Black here on Amazon, and I had it in my cart when I found the 32-inch version. I picked the 32 inch set because I knew my wife would be the one "operating" the reflector. She is a petite 5'3", and I realized that the larger version might be somewhat difficult to manage if there were anything more than a slight breeze.

The build quality feels great, and the reflector did exactly what I needed. If this one ever wears out, I would happily buy from Neewer again.
on May 26, 2017
Very nice reflectors. I think the quality of these reflectors is great for the price. I usually shoot with a lot of fill flash to prevent shadows but these reflectors overcome shadowing very nicely with added benefit of different colors of reflected light. I like the gold reflector... kind of like having "golden hour" lighting on demand. Some reviews mentioned zipper issues, mine was fine. We use spring type windshield covers in our car... these reflectors fold and unfold the same way. For the money these are awesome reflectors!
on December 23, 2017
This is NOT a package of four reflectors. Just know that there is one metal hoop, and one reflector that zips over the hoop. This reflector has silver on one side, and black on the other. Take the reflector off the hoop and turn it inside out, and it now has a white side, and the other is gold.
This is a very nice unit and I can see myself buying even larger ones. This one will work great for single portraits or small product photography.
on April 6, 2017
I like the set. They work great on their own. My only issue with them is when I am using the diffuser I can't really use the reflector at the same time. The reflectors rely on the diffusor to be inside of them to keep the shape. Otherwise, the reflector is just a "pillow case without a pillow".
Other than that, they are awesome. I am going to insert windshield reflector inside and see if that solves my problem.