Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "NEEWER 250W Studio Flash/Strobe Modeling Light - G...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 56% off the $123.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
NEEWER 250W Studio Flash/Strobe Modeling Light - Great for Amateurs OR Professional Studio Photographers
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This is a brand new 250ws Flash Strobe (master/slave strobe)
- It could be triggered by a flash, infrared and sync cord (included).
- It also comes with a test button and variable dial for power setting from 1/8 to full
- The Studio Light is providing you with a Continues Lamp and Flash Function
- It will work as main light, back light or hair light and comes with an easy-to-use umbrella holder
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Package Height||5.2 x 10 x 10.4 inches|
|Shipping Weight||3.45 pounds|
Description: This is a brand new 250w Flash Strobe (master/slave strobe). It could be triggered by a flash, infrared and sync cord (included). It also comes with a test button and variable dial for power setting from 1/8 to full. The Studio Light is providing you with a Continues Lamp and Flash Function. It will work as main light, back light or hair light and comes with an easy-to-use umbrella holder. Specification: Model:250DI Flash Output:250WS Guide Number(ISO100):48 Color Temperature:5400±200K Input Voltage:110-130V Flash Power Control:stepless Modeling Lamp:75WS( adjustable) Recharging Time:0.5-2s Flash Triggering Method:Sync cord, Slave, Test button,Flash trigger Triggering Voltage:5V DC Flash Duration:1/2000-1/800s Fuse:5
Top Customer Reviews
- Very bright. I wish I had a light meter to share the actual brightness levels, but this seems to get much brighter than both my Canon Speedlite and Yongnuo Speedlite at full power. At full power, there is an audible pop from the bulb along with blinding flash that left me a bit dazed…I was impressed! I don’t see myself using full power much, but it is nice to know that I have it. I’m sure it would be great to light you subject when they are backlit by the sun to make some dramatic shots. Flash refresh at full brightness does take 4-5 seconds, but that’s probably OK because you model will likely need that much time to regain their vision as well.
- There are a multitude of settings and options on this unit, giving lots of creative control.
- The slave flash mode is nice, but I will probably be using my handy wireless triggers most often (Yongnuo RF-603C-II-C3).
- Includes a flash cable that you can wire directly to your camera (I have it wired to the wireless flash trigger). It would be nice if there was a hot shoe flash mount somewhere on this unit so I could slide my trigger into it, but I will probably fix that with a velcro strip, so I do not have my trigger hanging free.
- The included power cord is surprisingly long, which should provide some good placement flexibility.
- Good refresh times at lower power flashes. The refresh was less than a second. I haven’t tried shooting off quick shots, so I can’t speak to heat management of this flash. If you are worried about heat, I would use the model light to do your initial shot setup and then turn it off to cut down on heat build up.
- BEEEEEEEEP – there is no way to turn off the beep or turn down the volume of the beep. It is nice to have an auditory signal when the flashes have refreshed and ready to shoot again, but man, it certainly is loud and I imagine it will get pretty annoying/distracting if using multiples of these for an extended length of time. Another reviewer mentioned there is a spot somewhere on the back that you can tape over that mutes the sound a bit, so I may give that a try.
- The lowest setting on the dial still seems pretty powerful. I do not have a light meter to test it with, but it does not seem to get as low as the lowest setting on my Speedlites. When I was taking photos of my subject pretty close to the flash, I had to put my aperture around f8 at the lowest flash setting to get the correct exposure. The results were phenomenal, but, ideally, I would like the ability to open up my aperture a bit more.
- Getting a half-lit image? - You need to watch your shutter speeds with this (and other flashes). I found that if I get higher than 200-250 in my shutter speed, that my shutter is catching the flash in mid-fire, leaving my resulting image only half illuminated. I was using a wireless flash trigger, so it may be different if you connect directly to the camera. This also happens with my speedlites, so I do not believe this is a problem specific to this unit. If you are getting a very funky exposure going on with only half of your images lit up, try dropping your shutter speed to 250 or less and that will likely solve your problems.
- These are an excellent value for a studio strobe and they are great for a hobbyist photographer to experiment with studio photography at a low cost and to get some professional quality results. I purchased one of these to see how it performed and I think I will be adding two more to my collection soon. I cannot speak to the longevity of these flashes, but if I run into any problems, I will update my review.
You are going to need three of these at least. One for the background, One fill and one key light.
The base with the adjustable knob is not very good. Tightening and un-tightening the knob to change light angle is quite tedious.
Con: This company REALLY need to work on posting the correct pictures with the product. The picture gave me the impression that I was getting the 250di and I ended up with the C250. As I checked a different product that was ACTUALLY titled 250di, it has the C250 printed on the strobe and it was $10 US more. Quite naturally I thought it was a sale going on and bought the one with 250di printed on the side. This clearly false advertisment however, I guess since the strobe performs well, no one has truly complained about what they received nor returned the product.