Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nesco, Black, ES-08, Electric Skillet, 8 inch, 800 watts
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 8-Inch electric skillet with deep interior for roasting or frying
- Easy to read, adjustable temperature control
- Nonstick interior for easy cleanup
- Sturdy glass lid with stay cool handle and safety vent
- Wash the skillet with a soft soapy dish cloth. Rinse well and dry. Do not immerse skillet in water or place in dishwasher. Only the lid is dishwasher safe.
Consider this Amazon's Choice product that delivers quickly
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
8-Inch electric skillet with deep interior
The Metal Ware Corporation is a privately owned manufacturer and importer of small electrics. Nesco roasters are the original roaster oven and began that product category in the 1930's. Nesco/American Harvest food dehydrators are leaders in the industry and offer a wide variety of accessories. In addition to well-established product lines like roasters and dehydrators. Metal Ware is expanding into new products and categories.
Nesco 8-Inch Electric Skillet
Sear, fry, bake, steam or simmer the Electric Skillet from NESCO is ideal for making your favorite dishes.
With a deep, Premium Whitford non-stick interior, you can quickly and easily cook a small roast, sear steaks, and more. Easy to read, adjustable temperature control allows for great results. Unit also features a die cast aluminum pan, sturdy tempered glass lid, heat resistant and stay cool handles. Skillet and lid are dishwasher safe with the probe removed.
- 800 Watts Power
- Die Cast Aluminum Pan
- High Quality Non-Stick Interior for Easy Cleanup
- Deep Interior for Roasting or Frying
- Heat Resistant Stay Cool Handles
- Thermostat Temperature Control w/ Pilot Light
- Sturdy Glass Lid
- 8" X 8" Interior
Compare with similar items
Maxi-Matic Elite Cuisine Electric Skillet with Glass, 7 inches, Black
Presto 06620 11-Inch Electric Skillet,Black/White
BELLA (14607) Electric Skillet, 12" x 12", Copper
Toastmaster TM-11SK Skillet with Glass Lid, 11", Black
Elite Gourmet Personal Nonstick Stir Fry Griddle Pan Non-stick Electric Skillet with Tempered Glass Vented Lid, 8.5", Red
|Item Dimensions||15.00 x 15.00 x 7.00 inches||7.50 x 6.25 x 9.00 inches||13.70 x 12.70 x 5.50 inches||16.73 x 12.20 x 7.87 inches||17.13 x 12.60 x 11.81 inches||12.00 x 7.50 x 7.25 inches|
|Item Weight||3.50 lbs||2.50 lbs||4.80 lbs||4.73 lbs||—||—|
The NESCO 8 Inch Electric Skillet is great for preparing meals at home or on the go! The die-cast skillet is 1. 75 inches deep and has a premium non-stick interior so everything you cook releases easily and cleans quickly. Stir-fry shrimp and vegetables or cook a warm and bubbly alfredo dish! The adjustable temperature control provides flexibility to prepare a variety of foods. The heat resistant side handles are great for serving directly from the skillet on the keep warm setting. The durable glass lid allows for convenient viewing and is dishwasher-safe. The NESCO 8 Inch Electric Skillet provides the portable convenience needed to cook up great meals on-the-go. Weight - 5 lbs
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Nov 2017 - Still work great after 6 months. Mom loves them (got her two). Bought me one. So we have 3 now.
March 2018 - All working great. Non-stick fully intact on all. We use almost daily.
I needed an electric skillet that is lightweight and easy to manage. This one got the best reviews so it was the one I selected. I have owned many Nesco products over the years and this was a plus.
It arrived in perfect condition. I inspected the interior coating closely under light and there were no flaws, bubbles, damage. The entire coating was smooth to the touch. I cleaned it and oiled it prior to using it.
The problem with many electric skillets is uneven heating. They get hot zones closer to the heating element plug area. As it heated, I used a scanning thermometer to check temps. As expected, the area near the plug heated first but by the time the pan came to expected temps, the temps were fairly even all over the pan. For a smaller pan, I expected this to happen and was pleased.
The egg test: I wiped the interior with vegetable oil them removed the majority with a soft paper towel. On low-med heat, fried eggs cooked exceptionally well. No sticking whatsoever. I was also able to make pan toast easily.
This pan is great for an elderly parent. It isn't too heavy nor too big to clean. Most of the time, it can be wiped clean with a soft paper towel. The glass lid is also easy to manage/clean. In fact, using two of these instead on one heavier unit seems to be the best plan. A countertop oven has also been a great help.
So far, this pan has worked great.
As someone with severe food allergies (new and still scary) it's extremely important to have control over my cooking space, prevent cross contamination and more. This skillet let's me stay in control no matter what. It's small and perfect for me or me and my husband. It's easy to clean, travel with and cook on. I've made everything from breakfast to my Thanksgiving meal using this and it's been life changing.
I keep it on the kitchen counter along with an air fryer and don't really need much else for most meals. I also have a backpack that I use when traveling so I can take my skillet with me along with seasonings and other cooking essentials.
Top reviews from other countries
Here are the three flaws I identified so far:
1) Not Dishwasher Safe: On the package, it says that it can go to dishwasher after you disconnect the temperature control cable. In the user manual, it clearly states on "Care and Cleaning Instructions": Do not immerse the skilled in water or any other liquid or place in dishwasher. The skilled should be wiped with soapy water and dried with a soft cloth. To me, this is not an issue since there is no dishwasher at the office and it literally takes only seconds to wash after it cooled down.
2) Temperature Control: The temperature control does not match the actual heat. Using laser temperature gun on the skillet and setting at 325F on the controller got the skillet at 390F. This is not an issue since as soon as you add your food to the skillet, the temperature drops substantially to hover around 300F-325F. Over few uses, you will quickly get to know your temperature controller and be comfortable with your preferred heat settings.
3) The unit I received wobbles. It has a 2mm difference on one side. Once again, this is not noticeable unless I make it wobble on purpose.
This unit is a perfect size for me at 8 inches for cooking some items at the office instead of the microwave and toaster oven. It is easy to put away in any cabinet and it heats up quite fast overall. I like it and I am keeping it for myself. As a final note, I would suggest to consider using it at medium heat in general. This is high enough to cook a steak and higher temperatures might have a negative impact on the non-stick surface.
I am extremely disappointed.
Hopefully this can be rectified.
i was looking forward to this product and its abilities to make life easier for me in the kitchen. i am on a specialized eating plan that requires most of my food to be baked in coconut oil. i was turning my oven on 2x/day. i thought this frypan would be the answer to alleviating some of the work.
from the 1st day it did not work for me. could not get the electric component to heat pan consistently. light would come on indicating pan was functional but when i went to check pan was cold. after two attempts i gave up and returned. i requested money back and have gone back to using my oven.